ARK: Survival Evolved (multi-player first-person open-world dinosaur survival game)

193,782 Views | 1466 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
*** TRIBE & SERVER INFO ***

Server: Sarge's Crew !! PvE-RP !! ARK Advance
(server owner requests you to follow his Twitch channel to join: https://www.twitch.tv/a51sarge )

Mumble server: texags.mumble.com:7959

Tribe Name: DinosMatter
NOTE: to be added to the tribe, an admin has to meet you IN GAME to invite you. Once a member of the tribe, you can spawn at a tribe bed when you die. When you log off in-game your body and all inventory stay active. Meaning you can be killed, looted or dragged off to be eaten by a Megladon.

Steam names (I know I've missed some. Let me know if you need to be added):
JTBru8508
[AoP]Creto
wee_ag
D`Funkaladu`
mid90
TexArmyAg
WhatsUpDoc
agdog
rlmoats
JackBauer:BlackOps Ninja Samurai
WreckinCrew
crowbar
Ark03
thess7987
pantalga
Nefarious
Reauxmeaux
predmid
SirDeofWood
TxAg2k
Agdog

Naked & Afraid meets Don't Starve meets Dino D-Day meets AWESOME.

quote:
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, use your skill and cunning to kill or tame & ride the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land. Hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements, while teaming up with or preying upon hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110(early access June 2, full release June 2016)

Trailer:

For release on Linux, Mac, Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
I Like Mike
AG
So that's why dodos are extinct...
mid90
AG
The game went from "pretty cool" to "I'm definitely getting this" when they whipped out guns.
wee_ag
AG
They had me at T-Rex... they had me at T-Rex.
hunter2012
AG
So that looks like Jurassic park with aliens and dragons.
tate504
AG
Yeah this looks awesome. there will be an end game that DayZ doesn't have. I am really excited about this both pc and xbox
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
They ate me with T-Rex... they ate me with T-Rex.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
.............Dragon.....?

That being said.... Looks like I may be forced to fix my PC now.
unmade bed
I was IN at "woman stranded naked"
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Question: Can we tie unconscious players to dinosaur(s)?

Answer: Yes! They stated that you'll be able to knock out a survivor into a rag-doll effect where you will then be able to manipulate the other survivor by picking them up, moving them, spinning them, and even throwing them. This also applies to dinosaurs and other tameable creatures. This uses the same weight system as everything else does, however, so if you exceed what you can lift you'll be too weak to move other things.

http://arkaholic.com/2015/05/13/first-ark-digest-released-2/
Thunder18
AG
Will buy
tate504
AG
Does anyone plan on getting this for early access on pc? I definitely will be. Just curious.
ccurrie
AG
Looks great, going on my wishlist. I'll probably let others test the waters first, since I can't find any info on the developers. With early access games I'm always concerned with how good they'll be about updates and community interaction.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Does anyone plan on getting this for early access on pc? I definitely will be. Just curious.
Yup, I'm in for early access as are a few Ag buddies that aren't real active on TA
wee_ag
AG
Tomorrow...

Some tips to get you started.
wee_ag
AG
Live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/reverbgames
AtlAg05
AG
has anything been said about the cost for early access?
wee_ag
AG
$25 i believe

EDIT - yeah, here's the pricing:

quote:
Will there be multi-packs available for the game? Yes there will be, a single copy will cost $25, while a 2-pack will cost $40, and a 4-pack will cost $70
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Geez I guess these open world survival games are the new MOBA's. You've already got Rust, DayZ, H1Z1, and now Ark. LoL and Dota2 are the only ones that really survived their craze, I wonder which open world game will end up dominating.
wee_ag
AG
Good question - It may not last, but at least it has dinosaurs! And it was the #1 streamed game on twitch today (may still be, had to stop watching earlier)
tate504
AG
It looked good. There is a lot of things to do already. Optimization is need but absolutely to be expected. The team was pushing out patches 15 minutes into streaming. I actually think the devs may really pull this off. I'm definitely buying this but won't be playing until tomorrow unfortunately. Anyone playing tonight ?
RedlineAg08
looks good. I may get my gaming computer fixed to give it a try.
wee_ag
AG
It's live!

$29.99 with a 17% discount ($24.89). No multi-pack savings right now. I'm downloading now but won't get to play until tonight when I'm off work.
wee_ag
AG
Some quick thoughts:
  • Gameplay is fun
  • UI is bad
  • Frame rate is pretty crap, but that may be my system. I'm currently set on Medium settings. This has been addressed in Livestreams and will be patched for better performance
  • LOTS OF DINOS
  • Stay out of the ocean... there's some nasty things in there
  • IT'S A BETA so just remember that.
  • Need friends to play with
tate504
AG
I'm downloading the game tonight. What are your specs if you don't mind me asking. What are your graphics set at right now
wee_ag
AG
I've got an iMac running in Bootcamp (it's not out on Mac yet)
i7 3.4GHz
32 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX (2GB)

NOTE: Apparently if you have AMD Graphics there's some conflicts and a good chance it won't run. They are aware and working on it.
WGann3
AG
Any more thoughts on this one? Steam reviews I skimmed last night made it out to be a seriously problematic release. I realize it's just beta so not taking any of it too seriously, but still probably going to give it a couple of weeks to iron itself out a bit.
tate504
AG
I played last night for about 4 hours. Frame rate was a little low but that doesn't bother me a whole lot at the moment. It is early access and its a little rough in performance but there is a massive amount of content. Honestly this game was a blast. It's definitely worth playing with other people as well. We need to get a Texags group going

Also if you are skeptical about the dev team and their work there wwere about 5 mini patches last night. The are working on this pushing out updates constantly. It isn't one patch every 8 months
mid90
AG
Tribe TexAgs?
nomad2007
AG
Looks great, but I'll wait for a frame-rate fix. If it's anything like Day Z, I'll join y'all on a server in about...hmm... 3 years?
tate504
AG
quote:
Tribe TexAgs?

I like it
wee_ag
AG
Did a recent patch cut back on the number of dinos that spawn? Just started a new game and there's very few dinos now.
easttexasaggie04
AG
available on Xbox One yet?
tate504
AG
quote:
available on Xbox One yet?

No it won't be for another year. Just PC early access.

I read the patch notes and I didn't see anything about cutting down the numbers. I know there were certain spots where I wouldn't see any for awhile.
mid90
AG
The Argentavis makes me want to rage......those damn birds spot me from a mile away, and there's simply no surviving them/getting away. They'll even follow me into the densest jungle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.