Sophie Cunningham

150,483 Views | 1053 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ts5641
Dr. Mephisto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Backyard Gator said:



Quote:

They have all said that if the @WNBA doesn't change the rules, they're ready to join the movement and are considering coming out as women and putting their names in the 2027 #WNBA Draft.

Hear me out;

The @NBA G- League pays players $45,000 a year, while the #WNBA top players earn $1.4 Million.
Those "men" could earn an extra $1,355,000 a year by just identifying as women.

Rules are rules.



Just let them play one game. That'd be the end of any "discussion."

I would love to see the Fever draft 3 dudes to play alongside CC and SC.


They'd be winning with scores like 120-38.

fredfredunderscorefred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

txags92 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Backyard Gator said:



Quote:

They have all said that if the @WNBA doesn't change the rules, they're ready to join the movement and are considering coming out as women and putting their names in the 2027 #WNBA Draft.

Hear me out;

The @NBA G- League pays players $45,000 a year, while the #WNBA top players earn $1.4 Million.
Those "men" could earn an extra $1,355,000 a year by just identifying as women.

Rules are rules.



Just let them play one game. That'd be the end of any "discussion."

I would love to see the Fever draft 3 dudes to play alongside CC and SC.


They'd be winning with scores like 120-38.



consider - when wilt scored 100, the final was 169-147. One person scored 100 and a team scored 169 against actual competition. The scores could easily be over 200. And maybe less than 20 for the XXs.

ETA: I agree with overall point; not arguing.
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boulderaggie said:

This won't be a popular take, but Clark is not all that different from the rest, she just happens to be good at basketball, straight, and white.

its a fairly popular take to those right of center. the veil has been lifted on clark. shes a coward. and a kamala groupie.
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serious Lee said:

boulderaggie said:

This won't be a popular take, but Clark is not all that different from the rest, she just happens to be good at basketball, straight, and white.

its a fairly popular take to those right of center. the veil has been lifted on clark. shes a coward. and a kamala groupie.
Agreed. She keeps it close to the best, but I'd be willing to bet she's more like a democrat under Obama. Just not the crazy, unhinged left wing or socialist kind.
Jack Squat 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Touchless said:

Serious Lee said:

boulderaggie said:

This won't be a popular take, but Clark is not all that different from the rest, she just happens to be good at basketball, straight, and white.

its a fairly popular take to those right of center. the veil has been lifted on clark. shes a coward. and a kamala groupie.
Agreed. She keeps it close to the best, but I'd be willing to bet she's more like a democrat under Obama. Just not the crazy, unhinged left wing or socialist kind.


Could be wrong but I'd guess she's just not very political although more than likely liberal at heart.

She is smart enough for financial reasons (?) to keep her mouth shut. Wish they were ALL like that. Maybe she just loves the game that much and wants to play basketball.
I don't think you know me.
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Squat 83 said:

Touchless said:

Serious Lee said:

boulderaggie said:

This won't be a popular take, but Clark is not all that different from the rest, she just happens to be good at basketball, straight, and white.

its a fairly popular take to those right of center. the veil has been lifted on clark. shes a coward. and a kamala groupie.
Agreed. She keeps it close to the best, but I'd be willing to bet she's more like a democrat under Obama. Just not the crazy, unhinged left wing or socialist kind.


Could be wrong but I'd guess she's just not very political although more than likely liberal at heart.

She is smart enough for financial reasons (?) to keep her mouth shut. Wish they were ALL like that. Maybe she just loves the game that much and wants to play basketball.


Yeah the horror of someone not wanting to tie up their identity in their political views. People like Matt Walsh created a living off of feeding off conservatives anger and insecurity. His swipe at Clark should be seen as a cheapshot that hurts the conservative movement. At least in the minds of someone capable of empathizing with moderates. The guy is hammer and everything he sees is a nail. I encourage people to not view life so narrowly.

It is GREAT that Clark just wants to be a great basketball player. Be a good role model. She doesnt have to be the rights poster person against trans and anti white sentiment.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll have to give CC the benefit of the doubt for now. First and foremost, I'm sure her big money sponsors have implied very heavily that she should stick to basketball talk and keep the politics down or seem neutral to left.

Second, she's been idolized for being THE player. Always catching the love and the only time she got some shade was from the opponent's fans as she was destroying their team. Has to be a huge shock to have to deal with mindless questions about politics and gender BS, when all she wanted to do was play ball.

Now if she was my daughter, I'd be telling her to speak her mind and the money thing will work itself out. I'd rather have her shoot it straight and have to go to Europe to play for less money, unless she really does feel that squishy. If that's the case, deal with it.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And maybe cover your heart during the national anthem. (That says a lot)
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serious Lee said:

boulderaggie said:

This won't be a popular take, but Clark is not all that different from the rest, she just happens to be good at basketball, straight, and white.

its a fairly popular take to those right of center. the veil has been lifted on clark. shes a coward. and a kamala groupie.

How so?
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boulderaggie said:

And maybe cover your heart during the national anthem. (That says a lot)

I'm not arguing it would be nice to see, but how many actually do it in college and pro sports? It's not a requirement or disrespectful for the national anthem. Seems like many football, baseball, players, etc usually just stand at attention. Why are we ripping Clark for not having her hand over her heart?
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unless I missed something, Clark seems to do a good job of "shutting up and dribble", which is what I thought everyone on here wanted from athletes.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WestTexasAg said:

boulderaggie said:

And maybe cover your heart during the national anthem. (That says a lot)

I'm not arguing it would be nice to see, but how many actually do it in college and pro sports? It's not a requirement or disrespectful for the national anthem. Seems like many football, baseball, players, etc usually just stand at attention. Why are we ripping Clark for not having her hand over her heart?


There is nothing wrong with her standing there, people criticizing her for not having her hand on her heart are simply looking for something to castigate her for.
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. It just means a lot to a lot of us and is such a simple and easy show of respect and gratitude for the life and rights we're blessed to enjoy. It means something to this guy who has every valid reason for it not to...
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?

If they're standing at attention, they're honoring the flag.

Arguing over hand placement is just searching for something to be upset about.

If you want to engage in a more-patriotic-than-thou argument, look elsewhere.
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Backyard Gator said:


If they're standing at attention, they're honoring the flag.

Arguing over hand placement is just searching for something to be upset about.

If you want to engage in a more-patriotic-than-thou argument, look elsewhere.

Maybe, but it is a very easy way to ensure that you are not grouped with the commie anti-anthem crowd. To not do it is a choice and a bit of a riding-the-fence cop out. Only Sophie had the courage to take a stand one way or the other.

CSB - Last night my son had a pre-season football game in another town here in Arkansas. Every hand was on heart during the playing of the anthem which would have sent libs to their safe space. Their heads would have exploded when the boys on both teams were arm in arm after the game for a group prayer.
YellowPot_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Backyard Gator said:


If they're standing at attention, they're honoring the flag.

Arguing over hand placement is just searching for something to be upset about.

If you want to engage in a more-patriotic-than-thou argument, look elsewhere.

When I was a kid you put your hand over your heart for the pledge of allegiance and stood at attention for the national anthem. At some point everyone started to cover their heart for anthem as well. Not sure when it changed.
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Covering your heart is part of the US Flag Code for civilians, but is not mandatory as Backyard Gator said.
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Unless I missed something, Clark seems to do a good job of "shutting up and dribble", which is what I thought everyone on here wanted from athletes.

I 100% agree.

But at what point does one speak out about the apparent 'bias' we see?

Physicality seems to have taken over the NBA and the WNBA. However, one seems to have crossed the line into 'thug' behavior. Just my thoughts.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
boulderaggie said:

Covering your heart is part of the US Flag Code for civilians, but is not mandatory as Backyard Gator said.

They may not have to but if you don't respect the flag, I don't respect you.


Now I don't go so far as you have to take it in each night or light it up (although that would bug me to not do that). I also ignore the laws/rules that you aren't supposed to make the flag clothing. My favorite bathing suit is my US flag speedo (just kidding - trunks).

To me, the US flag represents, first and foremost, those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. I will damn sure take my hat off, stand up and put my hand on my heart.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

To me, the US flag represents, first and foremost, those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy. I will damn sure take my hat off, stand up and put my hand on my heart.

Awesome, but don't you think it is a bit much to expect everyone else to agree with you on what the flag means, and therefore act as you do?
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What percentage of pro athletes put their hand over their heart? I bet it's less than 20%.
Backyard Gator
How long do you want to ignore this user?

These patriotic purity tests are asinine. These people are one step away from saying "She made me feel unsafe because she didn't put her hand over her heart and salute the flag the way I wanted her to."
TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the Canadians booed her endlessly last night in Toronto apparently. She drained a few 3s and smiled and commented on the spirited crowd after the game. I swear the WNBA crowd is so much worse than MLS with the society misfits and freaks.
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


It's not just the WNBA, women are just terrible at anything sports-related.
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX04Aggie said:

So the Canadians booed her endlessly last night in Toronto apparently. She drained a few 3s and smiled and commented on the spirited crowd after the game. I swear the WNBA crowd is so much worse than MLS with the society misfits and freaks.

Truly amazing that many people showed up to boo someone who wants to protect women from playing against biological males.........in a WOMEN'S basketball league. WTF is wrong with these people??
boulderaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a bit worried for her. Trans mafia has shown to be very willing to kill opposition.
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:



It's not just the WNBA, women are just terrible at anything sports-related.


I don't know. Mud wrestling was pretty popular a while back.
LOL OLD
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:



It's not just the WNBA, women are just terrible at anything sports-related.


Aggie volleyball?
One day at a time.
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh they're going back to back.

I guess i should have been more specific. They have trouble being objective and can't deal with criticism when they make awful calls. More referring to reffing and enforcing rules to keep the play somewhat fair.
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Truly amazing that many people showed up to boo someone who wants to protect women from playing against biological males.........in a WOMEN'S basketball league. WTF is wrong with these people??


Progressive leftism is a mental illness.
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


"It's because that's why ". That's gonna be my new go-to when interacting with my kids.
I attended Reagan's inauguration in 1981 and have voted republican since. The republicans have shot themselves in the foot this go-round.
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All you Sophie fans can watch her live in Dallas tonight

Only knew because its the lead story on the ABC 5pm news
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to add that I love Sophie.
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Just wanted to add that I love Sophie.

I guess I can share.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Just wanted to add that I love Sophie.

She does seem pretty cool, I mean for a white girl.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.