Chinese Spy Balloon

94,601 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
milner79 said:

Chinese SOBs got away with releasing a virus/bioweapon test that killed people and crippled world economies. Why would they not think they can send a spy balloon into US airspace?
let's not forget about them playing footsie with Putin and supporting the Russians in an illegal war of aggression

and threatening our ally Taiwan
nortex97
AG
They shoulda painted the side "CS Swalwell-McConnell aeronautical research balloon."
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I think I've seen this movie before.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Faustus
AgResearch said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

Stupe said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

CDUB98 said:

Shoot it down and privately tell them that one more of those and they can say goodbye to Beijing.

Seems like a rational action.
Why would we not shoot it down?
We should, unless we can figure out a way to capture it intact.

Yep, need to capture it if possible.
It might take a decade or two, but we should be able to develop a way to capture a floating object moving very slowly.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The decision was ultimately made not to "take the shot" due to the potential risks involved.
Glad to see we assessing risk now.

Outstanding.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Capture anything useful, then fly over and drop the rest on Beijing with a note to "please keep your garbage in your own country".
LMCane
MarathonAg12 said:

WOLVERINES!!!

the interesting thing when I just watched this last weekend for the 10th time is when they are interviewing the Colonel who was shot down, he stated

"the Cubans and the Venezuelans came up through mexico and infiltrated across the border before we knew what was happening and linked up with the Russians coming in from Alaska"

oh yeah, that sounds totally unrealistic today!!
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
LMCane said:

MarathonAg12 said:

WOLVERINES!!!

the interesting thing when I just watched this last weekend for the 10th time is when they are interviewing the Colonel who was shot down, he stated

"the Cubans and the Venezuelans came up through mexico and infiltrated across the border before we knew what was happening and linked up with the Russians coming in from Alaska"

You've only seen it 10 times? Freaking amateur.
StandUpforAmerica
Bubblez
Apparently, its just a weather balloon that blew off course.
98Ag99Grad
AG
LMCane said:

MarathonAg12 said:

WOLVERINES!!!

Don't forget "the whole Nicaraguan army" too. I hear they're a crack bunch.

On the balloon- so we know this is from China and we're just letting it float over the US? Man our guys in charge sure are great.
American Hardwood
AG
Not surprising you believe the Chinese story.
LMCane
nortex97 said:

What do they really gain with a balloon surveillance would be my question? This isn't the 1970's, and the CCP is supposed to have very advanced imaging technologies on their satellites a hundred or so miles further up, I thought.

A drifting balloon at 55K feet over montana seems...silly. F-22's could easily maneuver to shoot it down but I am not sure if it's even really worth it unless there is a concern about it having a weapon onboard.

Rogoway/warzone article that is decent from yesterday. I just fail to grasp what big secrets they'd glean about minuteman silo's from this thing that otherwise they can't easily get from sats. Launching a balloon from central china to attempt to get this info would be just clumsy/dumb, but we are talking about communists...
maybe they just want to help fight global warming and are checking how cold it is in Montana!
Stat Monitor Repairman
We reached singularity sometime around 2012.

Whoever is running the simulation is just ****ing with us now.
agent-maroon
AG
Maybe they're trying to intentionally evoke an F22 response to verify some of it's capabilities? Or of some response (eg - lasers) that is not being discussed publicly? I know that's probably giving this administration too much credit, but I like to think there are still some adults in their ranks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Krazykat
AG
NBC News: Suspected Chinese spy balloon found over northern U.S..

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/suspected-chinese-spy-balloon-found-northern-us-rcna68879
Krazykat
AG
All a diversion to look away from the corruption of the Bidens.
B-1 83
AG
"It's the size of three Grayhound busses! We can't shoot it down because the debris might hurt someone on the ground!"

• Over Montana?
  • After we pop that balloon, I suspect it will be much smaller.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
LMCane
sts7049 said:

LOL I called this above before seeing this post!!

told yinz it was for Global Warming research!!

thanks China!
JohnLA762
AG
B-1 83 said:

"It's the size of three Grayhound busses! We can't shoot it down because the debris might hurt someone on the ground!"

• Over Montana?
  • After we pop that balloon, I suspect it will be much smaller.

Plot twist: China put all of the documents/evidence from Hunters/Corn Pops business dealings in it. Xi Jinping blackmailing the sh*t outta Biden right now…

Stat Monitor Repairman
Chinese wx balloon is the new bat soup.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
American Hardwood said:

Not surprising you believe the Chinese story.
Welding doors shut for covid was just doing some work on the hinges.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
pdc093
milner79 said:

The Dirty Sock
pdc093 said:

milner79 said:

"To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar "
halfastros81
AG
Yes to both. Spying and testing our reaction.
Mathguy64
AG
1. Get everyone in Montana, Wyoming, ND and SD in position over the path of the balloon, where it will be tomorrow at noon.

2. At noon, everyone drops trou and bends over.

3.?????

4. Profit.
2wealfth Man
AG
fixer said:

"Civilian airship used for research."

Lmao...

From a Communist country with every "private" company being a front for the CCP.

get the damn thing down and verify their claims. Tell them they are FUBAR if they are lying. Our leadership makes something so easy as difficult as hell.
fixer
The same people that believe this is a simple research balloon, unaffiliated with Ccp, are the same people that believe

Covid was natural occurrence , from a market
Masks help
Safe free effective
Biden was a better choice than Trump

Sadly this is millions of people.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sometime today or tomorrow we'll see a story about how this is China monitoring global warming and this is a good thing.
ArbAg
AG
Balloon should be immediately captured and brought in for analysis, if we couldn't believe anything our so-called administration would tell us following those activities.
geoag58
AG
Bubblez said:

Apparently, its just a weather balloon that blew off course.

Aren't you the one who said "Appaarently it came from the wet market"?
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
goags2
AG
Wood Nena, even with the underarm hair.
Al Bula
AG
MSM pushing this balloon way too hard to be taken seriously.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Our leadership makes something so easy as difficult as hell.
Is this how you are with the people who provide your income? No way FJB is going to bite the hand that feeds his whole criminal family
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Secolobo
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

amazing this movie doesn't get more air time.....................................but we know why.

check out some of the later reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1017321-red_dawn

Quote:

When it was released in late summer of 1984, it was a big hit, which shouldn't come as a surprise; this was the year when Reagan won the presidency in a landslide, and if nothing else, 'Red Dawn' plays like a Reaganite masturbatory fantasy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.