Chinese Spy Balloon

94,599 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

aggielostinETX said:

So it seems the former military guys here all agree that we should not have shoot it down prior to this. Why did we even let it get here?

This seems like a massive **** up by our military to allow it to even get over our air space. Explain that.

That's what I mean by carrying the water. Y'all seem to be defending, poor performance and bad decisions.
I was a Captain in Air Force Intelligence 14N3-

don't lump me in with whoever else claims they are former military

we absolutely should have shot this down as soon as it entered US territorail airspace around Alaska

Interesting that someone who actually understands things has a reasonable opinion on the situation and doesn't blindly back leadership.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

The Chinese government said Saturday that President Biden's decision to shoot down the spy balloon that crossed America was an "excessive reaction" and that it "retains the right to respond further."
We were promised WW3 and all we got was a janky spy balloon that looks like it came off wish.com

Somebody do something.

A Chinese balloon getting shot down by a raptor don't even bump the needle any more. We got to do better.
captkirk
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

That balloon may as well have been a Chinese nutsack dragged across Joe Biden's face very publicly for days.
That's exactly what it was. A very public t-bagging
redcrayon
AG
aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

aggielostinETX said:

So it seems the former military guys here all agree that we should not have shoot it down prior to this. Why did we even let it get here?

This seems like a massive **** up by our military to allow it to even get over our air space. Explain that.

That's what I mean by carrying the water. Y'all seem to be defending, poor performance and bad decisions.

we absolutely should have shot this down as soon as it entered US territorail airspace around Alaska

Interesting that someone who actually understands things has a reasonable opinion on the situation and doesn't blindly back leadership.

An O-3 whose been to Asheville? Trust me, there's wayyyy more experience on this thread than that.
Stat Monitor Repairman
captkirk
AG
Rubio responds to the but, but Trump accusation

usmcbrooks
LMCane said:

aggielostinETX said:

I sense something; a presence I've not felt since.....
2040huck
girlfriend_experience said:

2040huck said:

girlfriend_experience said:

Bidens America where China tbags us with a spy balloon
lol. Read where two floated over while Trump was president

Kids this is what we call lying
I guess Rubio just made that up, kids. He said it's different this time because the last balloon just flew over Florida and not Montana. Who is lying? lol
fka ftc
He explained pretty coherently the difference.

Coherent means able to understand.

Incoherent is the opposite and is best exampled by your previous posts.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TyHolden
AG
MagnumLoad
Are our current leaders incompetent bafoons, or just in cooperation with the CCP? In either case, it seems to me, they should be removed. If investigation shows the latter to be likely, they should be tried for treason I think.

Edited to add that the two possibilities I mentioned are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
Houstonag
AG
This is a total embarrassment to our country and proves that this entire administration all they way through DOD, State department, joint chiefs plus all their inept generals who were appointment because they caved in to woke junk.

Our country is lost. This kind of behavior is why we were in the Middle East so long and could not get the job done properly and on schedule. Look at the number of families and lives that have been damaged due to incompetent generals and the state department .
Stat Monitor Repairman
2023 predictions ... nobody had Chinese spy balloon. Wasn't even on the radar.

I guess the presumption was that nobody crazy enough to **** around with a balloon in 2023. But here we are.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Wasn't even on the radar.
I see what you did there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reginald Cousins
S
redcrayon said:

aggielostinETX said:

LMCane said:

aggielostinETX said:

An O-3 whose been to Asheville? Trust me, there's wayyyy more experience on this thread than that.

Snarky.

OR edit: my sarcasm meter is totally not functioning as I just woke up.
BadMoonRisin
AG
redcrayon said:

TexAgs91 said:

redcrayon said:

TexAgs91 said:

redcrayon said:

TexAgs91 said:

redcrayon said:

TexAgs91 said:

redcrayon said:

Rapier108 said:

redcrayon said:

We can't just shoot stuff down and endanger civilians. That debris can kill people and destroy property.
When it was over Montana, there are virtually nothing for it to fall on. Should have been blasted out of the sky right then and there.

Actually, should have shot it down over the Aleutian Islands.
Why would we do that when we had disabled it's ability to gather and transmit data?

You can't predict where the debris will land. This isn't that simple.

Actually, we can. Ever heard of physics?
I guess you should call the Pentagon and let them know that you are better at physics than they are. I'm sure they'd love your assistance since they're all idiots.

I see. So you've heard from the pentagon that they weren't able to predict where the debris would land?

The only thing in that balloon that's hard to track is the helium. Everything else is heavier than air and will fall.

You have its position, initial velocity, and the military should know what range of velocities the debris would spread from the impact point. You figure out a range of terminal velocities of the likely debris, and then you take into account the winds that the debris would fall through.

I'm sure the pentagon has plenty of smart people who can figure that out.
The military advised not to shoot it down over the continental US for the reasons I stated. I'll trust they know more than you do.

Stop deflecting. We're talking about your statement that you can't predict where the debris would land.
I'm not deflecting. I'm repeating what they said about why they didn't want to shoot it down over the continental US. Maybe they were lying. Maybe they know more about what kind of debris or contaminants would come down. Again, if you know more, send them an email. I'm sure they get more than a few per week.

I think we can assume there are people within the DoD who know basic physics. Whether they're concealing what they know about that or not is not surprising and is deflecting from your original statement that we can't know where the debris would fall. I've just listed the things you'd have to consider to calculate that. None of which is unknowable. Is there anything else that's unknowable that I should have included?
What the balloon was carrying. What we could shoot it down with. Other unknown unknowns.

They knew more than you and didn't think it was worth endangering civilians lives or property. Not hard. But maybe they were lying. Email them and ask.

Going out to dinner. Everyone enjoy your surveillance-free evening. Oh, wait....

This you, bro?

TexAg1987

aggielostinETX
AG
Her post was full snark.
whatthehey78
AG
As usual...THE truth has not been revealed. SOP!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
torrid
AG
Now one has been spotted in the UK.

Gator92
AG
Reginald Cousins
S
aggielostinETX said:

Her post was full snark.

Ah. Well then no respect for her.
2040huck
[url=https://www.foxnews.com/][/url]
Chinese spy balloon crashed off Hawaii coast 4 months ago, US officials say
Lucas Tomlinson, Brooke Singman, Jessica Chasmar
Sun, February 5, 2023 at 11:51 AM CST

EXCLUSIVE: A Chinese spy balloon crashed into the Pacific off the coast of Hawaii four months ago, U.S. officials say.
Fox News has also learned that at least one Chinese spy balloon flew over portions of Texas and Florida during the Trump administration, despite the former president's insistence it never happened.
Stat Monitor Repairman
NM
fka ftc
2040huck said:

[url=https://www.foxnews.com/][/url]
Chinese spy balloon crashed off Hawaii coast 4 months ago, US officials say
Lucas Tomlinson, Brooke Singman, Jessica Chasmar
Sun, February 5, 2023 at 11:51 AM CST

EXCLUSIVE: A Chinese spy balloon crashed into the Pacific off the coast of Hawaii four months ago, U.S. officials say.
Fox News has also learned that at least one Chinese spy balloon flew over portions of Texas and Florida during the Trump administration, despite the former president's insistence it never happened.
Pretty sure I will go with DJT v unconfirmed, unsourced rumors and false information. Quit posting jr high girl rumors iof "well, he sort of did the same thing too even if there's no record or proof".
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Maroon Dawn
AG
If it happened under Trump the media would have been all over it 24/7 demanding his resignation
fka ftc
But the CCP spokesperson for f16 said no way it was 3 balloons and Trump welcomed them and said "do it more times Xi!". At least thats what they keep trying to post.

Maroon Dawn
AG
Further adjustment of "portions of Texas and Florida" which means it was probably over Mexico next to Brownsville for 20 minutes and the Keys

Not the entire nation for 3 days
Reginald Cousins
S
Maroon Dawn said:

If it happened under Trump the media would have been all over it 24/7 demanding his resignation

This.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What will take the place of chinese spy balloon in monday morning's news cycle?

You know something teed up. What will it be?
justcallmeharry
S
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

What will take the place of chinese spy balloon in monday morning's news cycle?

You know something teed up. What will it be?
Previewing the State of the Union address.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
eric76
AG
fka ftc said:

Anything designed by man can be circumvented by man. So not buying any encryption nonsense.
If that were the case, we might as well give up and not even try. We are doomed!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

This. It would have been the entire news cycle for weeks. So not a singe person saw it like millions visually saw this one?

Smells like BS. Looks like BS. It's BS.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Stat Monitor Repairman
they'll make a major motion picture out of this spy balloon drama. Probably be out next summer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long before I can buy a replica spy balloon from air mall catalog?

Chinese spy balloon merch gonna be big this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.