Chinese Spy Balloon

94,620 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redcrayon
AG
Not a Bot said:

Current jet stream conditions.

It has the ability to maneuver.
FTAG 2000
AG
Broncos said:

No *****
FTAG 2000
AG
fulshearAg96 said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed ... but what would a ballon at 60K feet collect that a satellite couldn't collect?
Signals intel and nuclear emissions.
FTAG 2000
AG
The Green Dragon said:

Broncos said:

The Eagles might just be pulling the biggest NFL cheating scandel to date.

How the hell is this idiotic administration not considering this an invasion?
When China helped put you into office, you do whatever Xi and his people tell you to do.
FTAG 2000
AG
American Hardwood said:

I can think of a good reason they might not want to take this balloon down. As noted on here, it doesn't seem like a balloon would provide them much intel that a satellite couldn't do better. But, if it is indeed a trial run at a nuke delivery system, perhaps part of the test is to see how we would counteract the incursion and strategize around our response. Letting the balloon go tells them nothing.
Na, Biden and his military leadership are just a bunch of ******* bought and paid for by the CCCP.
LMCane
American Hardwood said:

I can think of a good reason they might not want to take this balloon down. As noted on here, it doesn't seem like a balloon would provide them much intel that a satellite couldn't do better. But, if it is indeed a trial run at a nuke delivery system, perhaps part of the test is to see how we would counteract the incursion and strategize around our response. Letting the balloon go tells them nothing.
Uh, it tells them we didn't shoot it down!!

what do you think happens the NEXT time they send a balloon towards Los Angeles?
Raiderjay
This is ridiculous shoot the F'er down.....
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
TRADUCTOR
It's sending an update to the Huawei internet backbone switches.
Broncos
It's my shocked face to all the booger eaters thinking it's an innocent mistake. (Note the emoji)
Esteban du Plantier
fc2112
If a US surveillance device were discovered flying over China, how would they react?

There's your answer.
Tramp96
LMCane said:

American Hardwood said:

Uh, it tells them we didn't shoot it down!!

what do you think happens the NEXT time they send a balloon towards Los Angeles?

Don't get my hopes up.
Fins Up!
AG
Ridiculous that we haven't shot it down.
zephyr88
AG
It's 2:37 pm CST... why is the balloon still floating?
Bucketrunner
I'm still ticked that there isn't a giant steaming hole where Wuhan once was.
aggie orbitalwelder
Shoot it
74OA
AG
DOD calls bs on it being a weather balloon. SPY
Stat Monitor Repairman
Blue Mountain observatory hosting a daytime 'watch the chinese balloon spy on us' special event. Kids half price. No tailgating allowed.
Dimebag Darrell
LMCane said:

It was so trashy and out of control last time I went, they'd probably just be like

And GTFO.
2wealfth Man
AG
3 pm CT and we are still f'ing around having press conferences and the like; is the media more important than our territorial integrity now?
Bubblez
I'm happy Biden is letting the military deal with this balloon as they see fit.
WolfCall
AG
2wealfth Man said:

3 pm CT and we are still f'ing around having press conferences and the like; is the media more important than our territorial integrity now?
Is the balloon out of range of un-armed-drones and rocketry that civilians could round up to take the MoFo down?

Don't small business jets fly up to 40,000 - 45,000 feet? And, AR-15 bullets can travel 2+ miles......
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mandatory all hands DEI training this week. Military will deal with it on Monday.
WolfCall
AG
spider96 said:

Geddy Lee soul patch said:

Why are the Chinese sending a balloon to do a satellite's job?

Delivery of the next Covid strain maybe?
They could be doing anything with the balloon, including releasing animal pathogens (e.g. Foot and Mouth Disease Virus and African Swine Fever Virus) and/or human pathogens (e.g. Covid as mentioned supra, or small pox virus, anthrax spores, Ebola virus....).

Do you think China would pull this stunt if Trump was president?
TAMU1990
AG
I think this is causing immense damage to the Dems and Biden. Couple it with the border and you have a national security problem they will have to own. I'd even file articles of impeachment on this and the border. I think there's an opening to do that.
spadilly
S
WolfCall
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Mandatory all hands DEI training this week. Military will deal with it on Monday.
Not enough stars on TexAgs for this post - should be post of the day.
2wealfth Man
AG
WolfCall said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Not enough stars on TexAgs for this post - should be post of the day.
that about sums up our current state of affairs
chickencoupe16
AG
WolfCall said:

2wealfth Man said:

Is the balloon out of range of un-armed-drones and rocketry that civilians could round up to take the MoFo down?

Don't small business jets fly up to 40,000 - 45,000 feet? And, AR-15 bullets can travel 2+ miles......
Definitely out of range of civilian drones. Civilian rockets could hit it but without guidance, it would be a game of darts with a dart board the size of a pinhead.

Business jets can get into the 50s, I think. So let's call it 55,000. Now 2 miles is roughly 10,000, but let's say the thin air gives it a boost and just call it 15,000. So with very generous numbers, we can get to 70,000 feet. But who's volunteering to fly the plane with a depressurized cockpit and no pressure suit? Even worse, who's volunteering to open the door and shoot at the balloon without a pressure suit?
aggiegrad01
AG
All this balloon talk is just "Look over here, look over here..." nonsense. This balloon is a distraction from something larger going on, in the other direction. Simple misdirection; but misdirection for what and by whom, is the real question.
Ellis Wyatt
ABATTBQ87 said:

Broncos said:

The Eagles might just be pulling the biggest NFL cheating scandel to date.

Offutt AFB (Omaha) has plenty of sensitive Air Force equipment.

Biden and his military "leadership" are corrupt.

Is Joe already in Delaware for the weekend?
Ellis Wyatt
aggiegrad01 said:

All this balloon talk is just "Look over here, look over here..." nonsense. This balloon is a distraction from something larger going on, in the other direction. Simple misdirection; but misdirection for what and by whom, is the real question.
But it proves the fecklessness of our leadership.
fka ftc
BREAKING: US seeks military assistance from Zelensky of Ukraine citing need for high-tech balloon popping gun. Gun was loaned to Ukraine when Putin threatened most serious military action using Tsar Vozdushnyy Shar
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
74OA
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

WolfCall said:

2wealfth Man said:

Definitely out of range of civilian drones. Civilian rockets could hit it but without guidance, it would be a game of darts with a dart board the size of a pinhead.

Business jets can get into the 50s, I think. So let's call it 55,000. Now 2 miles is roughly 10,000, but let's say the thin air gives it a boost and just call it 15,000. So with very generous numbers, we can get to 70,000 feet. But who's volunteering to fly the plane with a depressurized cockpit and no pressure suit? Even worse, who's volunteering to open the door and shoot at the balloon without a pressure suit?
Good coverage of the technical aspects HERE.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.