Chinese Spy Balloon

94,631 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whilst we pop their balloons Xi is pumping the cargo containers full of Extwa Spicee Wuhan Fwu.

Zero wars in 4 years of Trump. War with China and Russia with 2 years of biden.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
DannyDuberstein
AG
Surely we can identify the launch site with our satellites, right?
fka ftc
We shot down a plane old weather balloon this time.

You can not make this stuff up.

40,000ft, no maneuverability, small instrument package (small car size)
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL. When you employ and promote on ideology vs accomplishment, you get pure incompetence
Esteban du Plantier
AG
fka ftc said:

A typical weather balloon doesn't carry instruments anywhere near the size of a small car. More like a couple pounds.
fka ftc
They've already now clarified it was an unknown object of unknown origin. Biden admin always very clear.

Ellis Wyatt
DannyDuberstein said:

Surely we can identify the launch site with our satellites, right?
Only if it "happened 3 years ago." These folks can tell you all about that.
Ellis Wyatt
Esteban du Plantier said:

fka ftc said:

A typical weather balloon doesn't carry instruments anywhere near the size of a small car. More like a couple pounds.

By "a small car," these people could mean a Matchbox car. Or they could just be making it all up.
one safe place
Shot down something we put in the skies. Biden wanted to look tough after letting the Chinese spy balloon fly across the entire country before getting permission from Xi to shoot it down. Blame it on some unknown bad guys.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Super bowl weekend. Pepaw got no patience for spy balloon drama.
spider96
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

LOL. What a bunch of incompetent, lying dbags running this country and military.

We just didn't want it to land on some moose's head the first time, guys. Trust us.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What are the odds of spy balloon related breaking news during the super bowl broadcast?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

As the massive white balloon traversed the continental U.S. last week, drifting over several sensitive military sites along the way, it carried equipment that was designed to intercept sensitive communications, said a State Department official, who provided a statement on the condition anonymity to discuss the information.

"It had multiple antennas to include an array likely capable of collecting and geolocating communications," the official said. "It was equipped with solar panels large enough to produce the requisite power to operate multiple active intelligence collection sensors."
What is to be gained from this?

What are these balloons doing that a satellite, ground, or aircraft based sensor can't detect?

Seems like there's an easier way to skin a cat.

What's going on here?
crowman2010
AG
EMP coming soon?
torrid
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

As the massive white balloon traversed the continental U.S. last week, drifting over several sensitive military sites along the way, it carried equipment that was designed to intercept sensitive communications, said a State Department official, who provided a statement on the condition anonymity to discuss the information.

"It had multiple antennas to include an array likely capable of collecting and geolocating communications," the official said. "It was equipped with solar panels large enough to produce the requisite power to operate multiple active intelligence collection sensors."
What is to be gained from this?

What are these balloons doing that a satellite, ground, or aircraft based sensor can't detect?

Seems like there's an easier way to skin a cat.

What's going on here?
They undoubtedly tried it before and no one figured it out, so they kept doing it until caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
fka ftc
China (and others) may also be trying out what our responses are.

Satellites are more easily jammed than moving balloons / other crafts (my limited understanding).

Conventional aircraft are going to get a much more heavy handed response.

Chine is just going to keep dragging the Chairman's hue so across our neck beards until we show him some strength - which only one I have ever seen take a stand against them is Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman

torrid
AG
Not made in the USA, but made in China under contract for US-based companies. I doubt it was mil-spec hardware either. There was nothing life-critical or any military capability on the balloon, just needed to operate in the cold altitude. They were likely cheap to make and hit-or-miss anyway. If anything happens to the balloon. launch another one.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
It's pretty obvious any 'listening" was just bonus info. It was to test the response. Remember when Putin met with SpongeBrain ****Pants in June of 2021? Looked in his dead eyes and shortly there after started amassing troops and equipment. Lucky for PeePaw that Putin's yes men have completely screwed the military pooch and hopefully made China push back any major escalation since Russia is such a paper tiger.

Now he meets with Xi and we get balloon-gate. We all know how well Afghanistan went. China will continue to push and probe all the while our military will squash any pronoun use and examine their feelings in their DEI sessions.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Stat Monitor Repairman
This balloon nonsense is bull****. Some sort of psyop. Thats my assessment until proven otherwise. I san smell the bs coming out of all of this.
panhandlefarmer
AG
I can see some planners in the Pentagon trying to think of ways to get the public worked up with an appetite for a conflict with China. I don't trust our government at all with the continuous lies we get told the last 20+ years. I believe in Americans, but not our politicians and our bureaucrats. Many of them are as evil as they come it seems.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Is there a prop bet that something spy balloon related happens during the super bowl?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Alleged closeup of Chinese spy balloon #1.
AG
I'm not buying it. Isn't the guy that posted a picture in the submarine still in jail?

BMX Bandit
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I'm not buying it. Isn't the guy that posted a picture in the submarine still in jail?

The pentagon released this picture.

Engine10
AG
Links people cmon

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/22/pentagon-pilot-selfie-chinese-spy-balloon
The Kraken
AG
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

The pentagon released this picture.

Thanks.

Imagine clearing all this up when it was happening instead of all the buffoonery? The CCP is raughing at us.

Stat Monitor Repairman
spy balloon look like it's pieced together with parts from tractor supply.
Artorias
AG
Sorry if this has already been asked in the 30 pages of this thread, but this seems really weird, does it not?

I am guessing China has plenty of satellites covering the US giving them information. Why would they float a series of balloons that are easily dispatched over the US? What am I missing here?

jrrhouston98
AG
My belief is they wanted to gauge our reaction. We let is pass over the entire US, right over military installations, then shot it down once off the coast. China cried foul after we shot it to again gauge our reaction. They proved our current administration is weak and will not react, especially now since there were several science experiments shot down after the china balloon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Test of wills. No communication expert, but the closer proximity may have been more useful for picking up communication data than satellites in space (and not just talking about govt, but private sector too)
Broncos
They're testing us.
BQ78
AG
atmospheric or radiation data collection is my guess, if they need something more than what a satellite would give them. If not that, as others say it was a test.
nortex97
AG
I sincerely hope they find some tractor supply co. bits in it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.