Chinese Spy Balloon

94,618 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

How long before I can buy a replica spy balloon from air mall catalog?

Chinese spy balloon merch gonna be big this year.

Did you check Wish?
shiftyandquick
You guys claiming that the 3 prior balloons never happened? "Fake balloons" is the new argument? Has Trump weighed in on why he did nothing, or why he never knew about it?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
As expected, "but Trump" is fake news:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-over-us-during-trump-admin-discovered-after-he-left-office-senior-biden-official
Rockdoc
AG
What balloons?
Rapier108
TxAgLaw03RW said:

As expected, "but Trump" is fake news:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-over-us-during-trump-admin-discovered-after-he-left-office-senior-biden-official
And if it fits the pattern, it will get walked back to it didn't happen at all.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The Chinese spy balloon thread has devolved into infighting and fighting about trump.

Par for the course then. Carry on,
fka ftc
Never understands why people try and compare Biden v Trump regarding taking assertive, direct and consequential action.

The last week is defending Biden's inaction by saying Trump watched balloons too, which is now shown to be fake news.

What is not fake news is Trump sending a missile to cut a terrorist leader to bits and made no apologies for it. Biden, it his ultimate wisdom and experience, criticized Trump heavily saying Trump was out of control.

Biden is not on the side of America. And those who voted for Joe should reap what they tried to sow.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-says-trump-tossed-a-stick-of-dynamite-into-a-tinderbox-with-killing-of-qassem-soleimani
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman
This spy balloon drama snuck up on us. No warning. somebody takes a photo of spy balloon over Montana and we along for the ride.People absolutely love the spy balloon. they can't get enough.
Stat Monitor Repairman
shot down a Chinese spy balloon with a gd air-to-air missile.

Ww3 drones on.

What's next?
TequilaMockingbird
Stat Monitor Repairman
What's next?

Tensions escalate. Theres some sort of incident on the high seas. That would be my guess.
fixer
The media has already moved on to "Trump balloons".

The media could be investigating into the matter further. But no, they stop at Trump.

There is no way we survive as a cohesive society with a media function that resembles two 4 year olds blaming each other for something.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Remember when we were told that Joe was smart by waiting to shoot the balloon down over the east coast, just a short ride from strategic naval assets for recovery?

"US ships have formed a perimeter off the coast of South Carolina where the Chinese spy balloon was shot down as a salvage vessel won't be at the scene for days."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11713943/Fears-grow-China-reach-spy-balloon-wreckage-ahead-Navy.html

I member.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
LMCane
MarathonAg12 said:

aggielostinETX said:

So it seems the former military guys here all agree that we should not have shoot it down prior to this. Why did we even let it get here?

This seems like a massive **** up by our military to allow it to even get over our air space. Explain that.

That's what I mean by carrying the water. Y'all seem to be defending, poor performance and bad decisions.
I'm not former. I'm current.

For reasons that go beyond your comprehension of national defense. There are experts conducting surviellnce in china, the Pacific Ocean and at home. This goes way beyond "see bad balloon, shoot bad balloon". With some of the most sophisticated intelligence gathering platforms in the world, both on ground and space, we deemed it to be a threat not worth shooting down over American soil.

Think strategic level impacts and influence and not tactical capabilities.
what is the point of shooting it down AFTER it has completely traversed all of our military bases?!

even using sixth grade logic-

either DO NOT SHOOT IT DOWN or shoot it down BEFORE it crosses the entire country.

literally, a 12 year old can understand this concept.
The Kraken
AG
If the military recommended waiting until it was over water before shooting it down, can we assume they had a good idea of its surveillance capabilities and our ability to mitigate it?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
TxTarpon

they'll make a major motion picture out of this spy balloon drama. Probably be out next summer.
Yep.
I hope it is in the fashion of "Team America: world police"
TxTarpon
That's funny!
American Hardwood
AG
Might want to edit that image before you catch a ban.
evan_aggie
AG
Geddy Lee soul patch said:

If the military recommended waiting until it was over water before shooting it down, can we assume they had a good idea of its surveillance capabilities and our ability to mitigate it?

That's putting a lot of stock in the military's analysis. Realistically they'd never know if it had the capability ti drop a small grenade size capsule of virus or other biowarfare.

fka ftc
American Hardwood said:

Might want to edit that image before you catch a ban.

I say it stays. We need more **** Joe Biden around here.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
rausr
AG
American Hardwood
Jabin
One thing that the balloon has done is divert everyone's attention from Biden's son's laptop and other Biden scandals.
MagnumLoad
evan_aggie said:

Geddy Lee soul patch said:

That's putting a lot of stock in the military's analysis. Realistically they'd never know if it had the capability ti drop a small grenade size capsule of virus or other biowarfare.

And it was over water before reaching the lower 48, and we were tracking it.
agdad4x
If Trump was in office, it would have been shot down a little west of Alaska
MouthBQ98
AG
Sneaky way to get an EMP device over an area at altitude as well. Probably not at the optimal altitude but it's something to be wary of. In truth this was probably a trial to see how well we would detect and react to this type of thing.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Jabin said:

One thing that the balloon has done is divert everyone's attention from Biden's son's laptop and other Biden scandals.
Like from the other thread.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11716267/Biden-quietly-releases-terrorist-Belize-16-years-CIA-custody-Guantanamo-Bay.html

• Majid Khan,42, was moved to Belize on Thursday after spending 16 years in CIA custody
  • Authorities say he helped deliver money and transport other senior al Qaeda officials ahead of an attack on an Indonesian hotel in 2003
  • Al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also allegedly planned to use him to attack US gas stations and water reservoirs

Good thing we have foreign press.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TAMU1990
AG

This spy balloon drama snuck up on us. No warning. somebody takes a photo of spy balloon over Montana and we along for the ride.People absolutely love the spy balloon. they can't get enough.

Which is why it's bad PR for the Democrats
Jabin
How much does an EMP device weigh and what was the load capacity of the balloon?
Burdizzo
AG
rausr said:

One of my favorite movies as a kid.
MouthBQ98
AG
I don't know about that ballon but A balloon sized appropriately can take up a considerable payload and a few hundred pounds is more than enough for a large thermonuclear device.
Jabin
That's not my understanding.

To create a meaningful EMP, you'd need a large bomb. And large bombs are very heavy, as in tons.

You also need a lot of altitude.

I'm not at all an expert, so could easily be very wrong on this. But I suspect that everyone speculating that this could have carried an EMP device are speculating even more wildly.

My speculation is that the odds of this balloon carrying or even being capable of carrying an EMP device are close to zero.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm not saying THIS balloon at all. I'm just saying maybe China is watching to see how we react to A balloon, and that such a thing could catch us unaware if our reaction was too nonchalant.

I also think the altitude is insufficient to make it an effective delivery system for EMP but do not know for sure.
fka ftc
MouthBQ98 said:

Sneaky way to get an EMP device over an area at altitude as well. Probably not at the optimal altitude but it's something to be wary of. In truth this was probably a trial to see how well we would detect and react to this type of thing.
Below optimal altitude but some scuttle is that the balloon failed to reach its designed altitude.

The size and wait of the payload and our refusal to take action early presents a clear and present danger to our Country. And Biden is just going to brag how he took Cornpop the Balloon behind the woodshed and wore him out.

EMP is by and far the most realistic, real time, unprepared for threat we face.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3359465/replies/64213925

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.