Chinese Spy Balloon

94,642 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a mass explosion.
Aggie95
AG
Sonic boom?
agent-maroon
AG
BluHorseShu said:

redcrayon said:

They won't fly over the South. Someone would shoot it down.
Umm…it's 7 miles up. You get a bunch of idiots trying to shoot it done with their rifles the only thing they will bring down are a bunch of lead. That would be slightly more of an issue

Sounds like just another New Years Eve in East Dallas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Robert L. Peters
I'm relatively ignorant on physics but do sonic booms make light in the sky?
ravingfans
AG
pdc093 said:

Who's really behind the Chinese Balloon......

Really thought he would say we need helium to fill balloons to tie them to Guam to keep it from capsizing...
LMCane
aggiegrad01 said:

All this balloon talk is just "Look over here, look over here..." nonsense. This balloon is a distraction from something larger going on, in the other direction. Simple misdirection; but misdirection for what and by whom, is the real question.
Biden can't even deal with a @#$@#$ surveillance balloon

what is going to happen when the ChiComs invade Taiwan and the world wide semiconductor industry collapses?

and when 20 Chinese surveillance balloons are being tracked over Canada?
ttu_85
The Green Dragon said:

I'm relatively ignorant on physics but do sonic booms make light in the sky?
No. That vertical streak looks like a SAM or other missile smoke/condensation trail.

BTW I thought the balloon was near St Louis. Billings was yesterdays news. Odd
Yukon Cornelius
AG
This a precursor to invasion? I know it sounds crazy but we've depleted our Strategic oil reserves. Shipped weapons and ammo half way across the world. And have let in millions of fighting age men.
LMCane
Ag In Ok said:

Forget that. It turned a sharp 90 heading due south towards… Whiteman….

I've seen our weather balloons on flight aware before. If we have been tracking it, where did it come to our attention? Launched from a ship in the North Pacific? Central China? Canada? Russia?

Let me guess. From here the CCP wants to know about the stratosphere above Barksdale, Elgin, maybe Homestead, then up to Bragg and Meade. Maybe finish up at Groton?

literally unbelievable that not only do the Communists deploy a surveillance airship into US airspace

they are actually guiding it around on a tour of all of our Air Force Bases and we just sit back and the Air Force spokesman says "look up in the sky if you want to see it" when asked where it is going..
ttu_85
LMCane said:

aggiegrad01 said:

All this balloon talk is just "Look over here, look over here..." nonsense. This balloon is a distraction from something larger going on, in the other direction. Simple misdirection; but misdirection for what and by whom, is the real question.
Biden can't even deal with a @#$@#$ surveillance balloon

what is going to happen when the ChiComs invade Taiwan and the world wide semiconductor industry collapses?

and when 20 Chinese surveillance balloons are being tracked over Canada?
This is a surprise to Nobody !! Everyone should have known this idiot was going to react like this the day he announced his candidacy.

This is on the media and the people that put this fool in charge.
UntoldSpirit
AG
The Green Dragon said:

There's a mass explosion.
Green Dragon (love the name, are you by chance from Southwest SA?), where's the evidence of an explosion?
LMCane
fka ftc said:

In the arsenal of the US Military, I refuse to believe we do not have a capable device to bring this thing to the ground.

We can take a dude out on his balcony and not set the house on fire, But giant balloon has us stumped?
Q: What are THAAD's capabilities?

A: THAAD defends against short, medium, and intermediate-range ballistic missiles.

It provides a unique endo-and exo-ballistic defense capability and was specifically designed to provide a robust capability against mass raid.

The system uses proven Lockheed Martin technology to destroy a threat with direct impact providing ensured negation of weapons of mass destruction, enhanced reliability and safety.

LMCane
Cromagnum said:

redcrayon said:

They won't fly over the South. Someone would shoot it down.

I'm curious what gun could actually manage to hit something at 60,000 feet and still have ordinance traveling fast enough to still do any damage.
MarathonAg12
Why is everyone being so weak?

Shoot them down
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Wonder if this thing is broadcasting something
MarathonAg12
Probably linking in with the 5G cell towers
Robert L. Peters
The video. You can hear it and see the light. It's right at the beginning. I'm going to watch it again to make sure.

I am not from San Antonio but it's a great city. I am from nowhere. Right now I am in the Pacific Northwest. I was in college station last week.

Edit: I watched it again. There's a large flash in the sky. Right at the beginning. No sound...I think that's his door slamming. Lol
Rockdoc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Why is everyone being so weak?

Shoot them down

And our current administration embarrasses us yet again.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
It has a payload.

"The balloon is carrying surveillance gear as well as a payload, Ryder said, not elaborating about the payload"

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3288103/general-says-chinese-surveillance-balloon-now-over-center-of-us/
Olag00
AG
I thought it was an explosion as well when first watching but I couldn't tell if it was maybe the camera lens adjusting to different light. I also hear what sounds like an explosion but it could be a door or something closing in the house where the person videoing is located. It is weird how when the "explosion" sound happened, it didn't make them flinch.
Rapier108
RC-135U Combat Sent following the first balloon. It has also took on fuel from a KC-135 Stratotanker earlier.

https://www.flightradar24.com/COBRA47/2f11b8f3
UntoldSpirit
AG
The Green Dragon said:

The video. You can hear it and see the light. It's right at the beginning. I'm going to watch it again to make sure.

I am not from San Antonio but it's a great city. I am from nowhere. Right now I am in the Pacific Northwest. I was in college station last week.

Edit: I watched it again. There's a large flash in the sky. Right at the beginning. No sound...I think that's his door slamming. Lol
OK, thanks for that. Not sure if that's an explosion or the camera, but the person filming seems to think there was something, so maybe so.

San Antonio Southwest's mascot is a Dragon (green) so I thought that might be where your handle came from. Hope you stay sane while in the Pacific Northwest. Many do not.
Bryanisbest
AG
What if the balloon is booby trapped with biologicals or a nuclear bomb? We blow it up and destroy ourselves. It may be smart to think about what we are about to do about this situation. PS MAGA.
GasAg90
Is there a website where we can send our collective dick pics back to china?
Robert L. Peters
Ah! No, I named it after the bar where the patriots met.
RoadkillBBQ
Yukon Cornelius said:

This a precursor to invasion? I know it sounds crazy but we've depleted our Strategic oil reserves. Shipped weapons and ammo half way across the world. And have let in millions of fighting age men.
No
Yukon Cornelius
AG
GasAg90 said:

Tik Tok
UntoldSpirit
AG
I was more worried about this being a dry run (or maybe its live, who knows) for a biological weapons drop. Since they are apparently flying these things around the globe. Seems like a great way to massively release a new deadly virus. Probably right before they attack Taiwan.
Rapier108
Even Leon Panetta is saying we need to blast it out of the sky.
MRB10
AG
Why do we think this is legitimately CCP? If I've learned anything over the last 3 years, it's that the obvious narrative is usually the wrong one.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
spadilly
S
COBRA47 is still up there tracking it, plus all the assets we have in the air that aren't seen on ADS-B.

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae01d4

FTAG 2000
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Why do we think this is legitimately CCP? If I've learned anything over the last 3 years, it's that the obvious narrative is usually the wrong one.

China claimed it. USA Said it's theirs. Can't help you past that.
CoolAggie
AG
GasAg90 said:

Yes, it's called TikTok.
Edit: already answered!
CDUB98
Yukon Cornelius
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.