Chinese Spy Balloon

94,639 Views | 1075 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by lb3
APHIS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eric76 said:

fka ftc said:

Trump would have returned the balloon to sender via a Minuteman III to Beijing. We all know it, and even Xi knew it which is why he save balloon for Biden.

Now quit trolling.
LMAO. That's a great response. I must admit that I thought you were serous for a minute or two.
This is one of the reasons Putin, Xi, and fat boy all behaved when Trump was President.
TexAg1987

redcrayon
AG
B-1 83 said:

redcrayon said:

Rapier108 said:

redcrayon said:

We can't just shoot stuff down and endanger civilians. That debris can kill people and destroy property.
When it was over Montana, there are virtually nothing for it to fall on. Should have been blasted out of the sky right then and there.

Actually, should have shot it down over the Aleutian Islands.
Why would we do that when we had disabled it's ability to gather and transmit data?

You can't predict where the debris will land. This isn't that simple.
With all the brilliant minds we have in this country, computers, etc…….we couldn't have popped that damn thing in Eastern Washington and predicted where it would fall within 20 miles in the vast expanses of Montana or the Rocky Mountains?
Statement from the Pentagon:
Quote:

After careful analysis, US military commanders had determined downing the balloon while over land posed an undue risk to people across a wide area due to the size and altitude of the balloon and its surveillance payload.
Like I told the 91 guy, you can always email the Pentagon if you think you know better than they do. Of course, you can also believe they are lying.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Gordo14 said:

fka ftc said:

Trump would have returned the balloon to sender via a Minuteman III to Beijing. We all know it, and even Xi knew it which is why he save balloon for Biden.

Now quit trolling.

Frankly, I am glad our leaders didn't fire an ICBM over this so I am not sure what point you're trying to make.

This balloon probably didn't have much intelligence significance in the satellite era. It's more about making a statement that they intend to compete with us on the global stage and as a bit of psychological warfare. I'm glad we shot it down, demonstrating our capability to do so as we see fit. And I think it's best for Americans, (presuming that's what y'all want) that you don't blow the significance of this balloon out of proportion... Just remember what's at stake and why it is so important to contain China. Foriegn policy unity no matter who is in the White House will be our most powerful response - just saying. There's plenty to ***** about from Biden, but I think you're just stretching to make everything a political failure if that's what you turn this into.

No one here knows the capabilities this thing had, what it was able to collect and send back. THAT'S the issue. You can talk in probabilities, but I'd rather not see our executive take that chance. This thing should have been taken out BEFORE entering our airspace, but once breached, ASAP. Biden, or any future Prez, would have been better doing either. In the former, none of us would even be talking about it, because none of us would have even known about it. In the latter, it would have bought at least some clout with mainstream Republicans. As it turned out, he just looks like the little ***** we all know him to be.
Aggie95
AG
Big Money Aggie said:

Oh Good Grief. US Military Fears China May Reach Balloon Wreckage Before They Can Get There - Proper Salvage Vessel Won't Be There For Days

https://tiny.iavian.net/1t7dc

I can't imagine there's much to be found/learned from water logged balloon parts.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. Did not know that Canada had those capabilities nor inclinations
Maroon Dawn
AG
You gotta be wondering what Joe asked his masters in Beijing for that they demanded he allow this international embarrassment in payment
J. Walter Weatherman
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Gordo14 said:

fka ftc said:

Now quit trolling.

Frankly, I am glad our leaders didn't fire an ICBM over this so I am not sure what point you're trying to make.

This balloon probably didn't have much intelligence significance in the satellite era. It's more about making a statement that they intend to compete with us on the global stage and as a bit of psychological warfare. I'm glad we shot it down, demonstrating our capability to do so as we see fit. And I think it's best for Americans, (presuming that's what y'all want) that you don't blow the significance of this balloon out of proportion... Just remember what's at stake and why it is so important to contain China. Foriegn policy unity no matter who is in the White House will be our most powerful response - just saying. There's plenty to ***** about from Biden, but I think you're just stretching to make everything a political failure if that's what you turn this into.

No one here knows the capabilities this thing had, what it was able to collect and send back. THAT'S the issue. You can talk in probabilities, but I'd rather not see our executive take that chance. This thing should have been taken out BEFORE entering our airspace, but once breached, ASAP. Biden, or any future Prez, would have been better doing either. In the former, none of us would even be talking about it, because none of us would have even known about it. In the latter, it would have bought at least some clout with mainstream Republicans. As it turned out, he just looks like the little ***** we all know him to be.

Bolded is definitely accurate. But I would expect our military did. Or at least knew considerably more about it than a bunch of random message board posters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
J. Walter Weatherman said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Gordo14 said:

fka ftc said:

Now quit trolling.

Bolded is definitely accurate. But I would expect our military did. Or at least knew considerably more about it than a bunch of random message board posters.
You would hope so.

You really would.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Aggie95 said:

Big Money Aggie said:

Oh Good Grief. US Military Fears China May Reach Balloon Wreckage Before They Can Get There - Proper Salvage Vessel Won't Be There For Days

I can't imagine there's much to be found/learned from water logged balloon parts.

First the Americans have to assemble a recovery team that accurately reflects the racial diversity of the US.
APHIS AG

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Gordo14 said:

fka ftc said:

Now quit trolling.

The news stated that the military was alerted to the balloons presences when it entered Montana. Where was NORAD at the time of the incursion? If it can track Santa Clause, I am sure it can detect a balloon.
BQ78
AG
NR-1 has been enroute as soon as they decided to shoot it down in the Atlantic.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Chinese spy balloon is lame.

I'ts 2023.

We just saw top gun. 2 over the summer. We pumped.

We expecting something ww3 level spectacular, and we got a spy balloon getting shot down by a F22 raptor.

Thats lame. I expected more. Spy balloon was a flop. I want a refund.
Rapier108
BQ78 said:

NR-1 has been enroute as soon as they decided to shoot it down in the Atlantic.
If you're talking about the sub, it was scrapped over a decade ago.
LMCane
redcrayon said:

It probably wasn't able to gather/transmit info anymore which is why it wouldn't make sense to endanger civilians to shoot it down.
now try to come up with another ridiculous answer such as the above :

when it was APPROACHING UNINHABITED ALASKA AND CANADA

or the mountains of North Carolina. and yes, I have been there, and there are actually uninhabited mountains in western North Carolina near Asheville.

maybe someone should try looking at a map of the USA and Canada?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ask Chat GpT for a 500-word essay about the spy balloon in the style of Art Bell.
LMCane
MarathonAg12 said:

redcrayon said:

It probably wasn't able to gather/transmit info anymore which is why it wouldn't make sense to endanger civilians to shoot it down.

This!

The threat to national security did not outweigh the risk of killing civilians on the ground
1. so a war with china isn't going to kill any americans when they take note of our feckless response?

2. Have you never looked at a map of the United States and Canada and noticed where cities and towns are located?

3. didn't the leftists for years tell us WE CAN'T BUILD PIPELINES IN ALASKA because it would hurt the pristine and uninhabited environment of the bears?!?!
Proc92
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Aggie95 said:

Big Money Aggie said:

First the Americans have to assemble a recovery team that accurately reflecrs the racial diversity of the US.

Where's Cuba Gooding when you need him?
usmcbrooks
Proc92 said:

Emotional Support Cobra said:

Aggie95 said:

Big Money Aggie said:

First the Americans have to assemble a recovery team that accurately reflecrs the racial diversity of the US.

Where's Cuba Gooding when you need him?

Not spending anytime in Prison after pleading guilty in his sex abuse case
Street Fighter
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Gordo14 said:

fka ftc said:

Now quit trolling.

You would hope so.

You really would.

I wouldnt count on it.
TRADUCTOR
Now that spy balloon #2 has entered US airspace posts should identify either spy balloon #1 or spy balloon #2 is being referenced. We can't be posting spy balloon comments all willy nilly.

And FJB.
CashinOut
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Now that spy balloon #2 has entered US airspace posts should identify either spy balloon #1 or spy balloon #2 is being referenced. We can't be posting spy balloon comments all willy nilly.

And FJB.

Was spy balloon 3 the one that was shot down yesterday and nobody could say what it was?
BQ78
AG
Well crap, hopefully we have a classified replacement or hired Robert Ballard
wessimo
AG
agent-maroon
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Big Money Aggie said:

Just to be clear, does China have any assets in the Atlantic? Wouldn't make sense to me for them to do so but that's why I ask.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
one safe place
Montana has a population of a little bit more than 1 million people. Montana is a huge state, fourth largest. If we can't drop a balloon in that huge area without hitting someone, that doesn't say much for our capability. This isn't 1865.
45-70Ag
AG
I noticed the Chinese *******s issued a statement condemning this.
Ellis Wyatt
agent-maroon said:

Still begs the question of why they didn't shoot it down over Montana. It's just as likely to hit a boat/ship off the coast as it is a ranch house/cabin in Montana. It appears to me that they're just covering their ass because they got busted
The Chinese paid the Bidens for American secrets. They had to get them.
Ellis Wyatt
bmks270 said:

Someone inside the US chain of command is probably getting paid by China to let it pass over.
Yes. The guy at the top of the chain of command.

But we all knew that. Some people even voted for that.
aggiedata
AG
Ellis Wyatt
mike0305 said:

Multiple sources claiming the balloon thing happened during the Trump admin as well, so Reps also sat on their hands and kept silent. Maybe not all of them knew, but calling out Dems at this point after it blew up in public is just political grandstanding, they were just as much wusses when at the wheel.
Multiple sources claimed Russian collusion. Multiple sources claimed Hunter's laptop wasn't real. Multiple sources claim democrats loves America. All bull*****
Charles Hickson Knows
https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7zxa8/what-the-chinese-spy-balloon-has-to-do-with-the-pentagons-ufo-obsession
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Ornithopter
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman
We'll see some sort of spy balloon copycat incident.

Amazing Moves
"spy balloon"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.