Is UFO Secrecy Crumbling?

295,639 Views | 2210 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Secrecy on UFOs has been with us for a lifetime. At times it has seemed like it would last forever. For the past few years, however, the media has treated the subject rather differently. Are we on a path toward some sort of Disclosure?

The truth embargo may be soon coming to an end. Just how this will effect politics etc? And just about anything else IMO.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Been fascinated by the idea of UFOs since I was a kid.

I will say that over the past 2-3 years, I've heard more legit discussion about UFOs that I have over the past 30 years.
cbr
AG
Aliens must have a 'moron ray' - its the only possible explanation for modern america.
30wedge
I am going to be laughing so hard when they finally let out the secret that the moon is, after all, made of green cheese.
boulderaggie
AG
It's actually hollow
Pelayo
AG
Just put up some proof, enough with the dancing around
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MelvinUdall
How these threads aren't torched immediately is beyond me, this is not politics related.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
MelvinUdall said:

How these threads aren't torched immediately is beyond me, this is not politics related.

Yup. At this point they're spam at best, trolling at worst.
Mr President Elect
AG
I agree... This should go to the classifieds board
boulderaggie
AG
I think they're fun. Maybe limit them to a single thread, like the horn tears and Mueller threads.
MelvinUdall
I believe the OP is the host of Coast to Coast.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Stat Monitor Repairman
MelvinUdall said:

I believe the OP is the host of Coast to Coast.
RIP Art.
boulderaggie
AG
"From the High Desert and the Great American Southwest. I'm Art Bell..."
RIP indeed.
Spyderman
AG
MelvinUdall said:

You will soon find out just how political this issue has been is and will be. I don't post the video clips and info to troll.

This subject is extremely political.

Is the US Gov involved in politics?

Redstone
AG
I've known the secrecy is crumbling for some time now, and was posting about Bob Lazar here well before the Rogan interview and the documentary.
Burrus86
AG
So...AOC an alien?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Picard
AG
E.T. was a documentary

TriAg2010
AG
MelvinUdall said:

We protested staff to allow space topics. We made this bed.
TAMUallen
AG
I think UFOs are highly political.

Simply, UFOs exist. There are things flying that are unidentified by the ground, radar, aircraft, and are then reported. Many times there is an explanation as to what was flying there at the time when it was not immediately known. However, other times we don't know if it is an alien or an enemy aircraft. As such, it is a political game to keep that secrecy since it could be a destabilizing threat either way.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I listen to Clyde Lewis' "Ground Zero" show every time I hop in the car to make a quick late night run to the store and have always pondered which forum to start a thread on some of the subject matter they discuss.

The OP seems rather appropriate for this setting. I really have nothing else to add other than it's all fascinating as hell.
Sid Farkas
AG
There are no space aliens...and certainly we've never been visited by any
HumbleAg04
AG
Sid Farkas said:

There are no space aliens...and certainly we've never been visited by any

Fake news.
BenFiasco14
AG
I hope so.

Plus imagine the amazing entertainment if Trump is the President during first contact.

Xhilor took me aboard is space vessel, very nice!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Eliminatus
AG
UFOs exist. As in the actual technical term. Every nation that puts planes in the air has observed things that can't be identified for generations now. Many of have been debunked. Many have not. Now whether what WE think of UFOs is of course highly debatable. Our current perception fueled by Hollywood and sci do writers I mean.

Hypothetical time. Let's say UFOs exist, there is absolute proof and lots of it and the government has it. You are the one who says whether or not the info gets released. Do you do it?

Remember, this is not bacteria on Mars we are talking about. But advanced organisms with the power of space flight.

My answer? I don't know for sure. But right now I lean heavily towards no. At least not without a LOT of prep work beforehand. I think I would work towards that goal but just one day calling a press conference and be like, "oh by the way, here is a alien spaceship", while pointing at it. No way in hell. Truly imagine what that kind of news would do to the world. Actually in semi serious mode now. We go to war if we think certain resources might be mishandled. Can you imagine what news of actual life, ostensibly more advanced than us, would do to the world's.....everything?

Its why I've never scoffed at "gubment cover-ups" when it comes to this subject. Because I am fairly certain I'd do the same thing. At least initially.
Clob94
Spyderman said:

Secrecy on UFOs has been with us for a lifetime. At times it has seemed like it would last forever. For the past few years, however, the media has treated the subject rather differently. Are we on a path toward some sort of Disclosure?

The truth embargo may be soon coming to an end. Just how this will effect politics etc? And just about anything else IMO.
OP have you watched the documentary about Stan romanek?
Nobody has 195 sightings in their lifetime. Nobody.
Spyderman
AG
Clob94 said:

Spyderman said:

OP have you watched the documentary about Stan romanek?
Nobody has 195 sightings in their lifetime. Nobody.
No sir, new name to me.
Spyderman
AG
TAMUallen said:

I think UFOs are highly political.

Simply, UFOs exist. There are things flying that are unidentified by the ground, radar, aircraft, and are then reported. Many times there is an explanation as to what was flying there at the time when it was not immediately known. However, other times we don't know if it is an alien or an enemy aircraft. As such, it is a political game to keep that secrecy since it could be a destabilizing threat either way.
74OA
AG
Lots of military chatter out there: UFOs--yes--but are they manmade?
MooreTrucker
AG
THIS IS TAKING OPEN BORDERS JUST A BIT TOO FAR!!!!!
Spyderman
AG
74OA said:

Since flying saucers first entered our public awareness in the 1940s, people have debated whether these objects are extraterrestrial or purely man-made. Ours or theirs. Michael Schratt is a private pilot, military historian, and expert in aerospace/aviation with a deep knowledge of UFO history. He offers his perspective on this important question. In addition, Michael has used his own skills in CAD and Solidworks, as well as contracting graphic artist professionals, to recreate fascinating and forgotten cases in UFO history, several of which are displayed here.

TexasRebel
AG
I see UFOs every day.

I'm sure somebody knows what they are, but I can't identify everything I see in the air.
TexasRebel
AG
Spyderman said:

74OA said:

Since flying saucers first entered our public awareness in the 1940s, people have debated whether these objects are extraterrestrial or purely man-made. Ours or theirs. Michael Schratt is a private pilot, military historian, and expert in aerospace/aviation with a deep knowledge of UFO history. He offers his perspective on this important question. In addition, Michael has used his own skills in CAD and Solidworks, as well as contracting graphic artist professionals, to recreate fascinating and forgotten cases in UFO history, several of which are displayed here.

UFO =\= flying saucer.

I could launch a Peterbilt with a trebuchet and it would be classified as a UFO until the wreckage was examined.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.