*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,815 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

The most frustrating part of the episode to me was how they lost their truck and supplies after a day or so. I get that it's probably a storytelling necessity, but damn.
I got the sense it was a few days shown over a short period of show time. Imagine Massachusetts to KC would take quite a while in apocalyptic conditions
Leggo My Elko
AG
double aught said:

The most frustrating part of the episode to me was how they lost their truck and supplies after a day or so. I get that it's probably a storytelling necessity, but damn.

I thought the same thing. Was kinda of a relief to have them in the truck all supplied up and Boom it's gone.
Madmarttigan
AG
M.C. Swag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

so is the ground caving inside that building a sign that the fungi is growing in there?
I think it's literally TCTTS waiting to respond

Jesus I'm dying
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah I had to throw that a star.
CCred92
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

so is the ground caving inside that building a sign that the fungi is growing in there?
I would think it has to be But no one is discussing the show anymore.

WES2006AG
AG
Yep, the question now is whether it is a horde or zombies or one huge special one.
javajaws
AG
WES2006AG said:

Yep, the question now is whether it is a horde or zombies or one huge special one.
To be fair if we discussed the show there would be inevitable speculation or why certain decisions were made...and we'd be harassed for introducing tainted knowledge from the game. Like I'm pretty sure most of us know whats underground based on the trailers and other social media discussions - but all of that could be considered spoilers here since its game content as well most likely. So all we're left with is talking about non-plot stuff like what was Bill's recipe he used for the last dinner, etc.
gigemJTH12
AG
nevermind...I see your point. it makes this show hard to discuss.
cajunaggie08
AG
bluefire579 said:

double aught said:

I got the sense it was a few days shown over a short period of show time. Imagine Massachusetts to KC would take quite a while in apocalyptic conditions
Especially if stopping every hour or two to get some 20-year-old fuel
Quinn
AG
I agree. I know that bad things have to happen to the good guys for the story to be interesting, but wish it hadn't happened quite so quickly. Looks like next episode will be action packed with why I assume is the mushroom zombie hoard escaping from the floor of that building.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What you guys don't realize yet is that the leader of the rebels is a total badass. She just has been covering the evidence up with clothing.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had to bring this over.

Rudyjax
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Had to bring this over.

Apples and oranges. But it's surprising she's that old.

hurleyag
AG
What is interesting to me about supplies is we see the lack of stuff around and even leaving a weapon because it's hard to find stuff, but then we get into a shootout and the hijackers not being selective with their shots. Then we see Ellie and Joel both using a flashlight at the same time instead of conserving battery.
jokershady
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I dont think she's punchable at all, mostly because I never think of adolescent girls as punchable

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Garhett_W
AG
Why on earth would you live in a city? Especially since out in the sticks the threat of the Fungus People is minimal.
javajaws
AG
Garhett_W said:

Why on earth would you live in a city? Especially since out in the sticks the threat of the Fungus People is minimal.
Easier to forage for supplies for a larger number of people. If all those people setup shop in the boonies after a few months they would have to travel long distances to find stuff they needed. That increases risk and costs time/fuel to do.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
This thread sucks ass. Episode 5 can't get here fast enough.

Why is there a slapfight on here every single day?

Give it up, damn
cbr
AG
hurleyag said:

What is interesting to me about supplies is we see the lack of stuff around and even leaving a weapon because it's hard to find stuff, but then we get into a shootout and the hijackers not being selective with their shots. Then we see Ellie and Joel both using a flashlight at the same time instead of conserving battery.
I think realistically 20 years later there would be millions of rounds and guns around but zero gasoline or batteries.

Not many, if any foods will last that long other than honey, afaik. Even cans and mre's in 5 years are gonna be bad.
Rudyjax
AG
cbr said:

hurleyag said:

I think realistically 20 years later there would be millions of rounds and guns around but zero gasoline or batteries.

Not many, if any foods will last that long other than honey, afaik. Even cans and mre's in 5 years are gonna be bad.
Studies have shown that Chef Boy Ardee can last up to 100 years in a can but only 15 minutes in your stomach before mass evacuation.
bluefire579
AG
Goldie Wilson
Oooo also means we don't get smoked by Larry Fitzgerald at Kyle - that game happened Sept 27, 2003.

Starting to like this timeline
Quad Dog
AG
Picking a route across country after an apocalypse must be a dangerous balance between urban and rural. You probably want to avoid bridges and tunnels for fear that they are uncrossable. You want to avoid cities because of people and zombies, but you need access to gas, food, and water. I think it was The Expanse books that talked about how bicylces are the best mode of transportation in an apocalypse.

About the militia leader: Were there other women in the militia? In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. I really think they miscast her a bit. I think they were going for the sweet but cruel trope that you see work really well in movies like Cruel Intentions, Dolores Umbridge, Regina George, Gone Girl, Nurse Ratched. That type of character could believably be running a militia without a physical presence. They cast someone that pulls off the sweet but wasn't pulling off the cruel.

Unemployed
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Oooo also means we don't get smoked by Larry Fitzgerald at Kyle that game happened Sept 27, 2003.

And 77-0 didn't happen, either.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Oooo also means we don't get smoked by Larry Fitzgerald at Kyle - that game happened Sept 27, 2003.

Larry Fitzgerald as a sophomore walking onto Kyle Field that afternoon.
Faustus
NM
hurleyag
AG
WES2006AG said:

Has to be a horde. A huge special zombie seems like it would not exist in this universe.
gigemJTH12
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Goldie Wilson said:

Larry Fitzgerald as a sophomore walking onto Kyle Field that afternoon.

I was 13 when this game happened. I grew up a diehard Aggie but my mom is the aggie not my dad. We didnt go to a ton of games. I went to maybe 5 before I enrolled.

just so happens that was one of the games I was at.
agracer
AG

Stairs they started to climb were from the Hotel Kansas City.
agracer
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

DallasTeleAg said:

AggieOO said:

barbacoa taco said:

I also found it strange how Joel went through KC
just this. its shorter to stay north. why go south to KC, only to go back north to Cody?

Perhaps they were trying to avoid Chicago? I know its following the game, but the route doens't make logistical sense to me...especially since it was man driving.
It's just a story, bro. They could have driven in giant circles around the country before going to Wyoming. It doesn't matter because there are Zombies so they can do anything without explanation!
No, it's because they went to KC in the source material.

Is there no route around the big cities period though? If it was me, I wouldn't be caught within 30 miles of an urban center if I could prevent it. I'm imagining a group like Joel and Ellie trying to cross through Dallas. Dallas and Fort Worth downtowns could both be completely avoided with a little maneuvering around. Why not the same for KC? Just seems like going into any urban downtown is just asking for trouble, like we saw.
Better chance of finding gas because there are more places it might be stored?
schmendeler
AG
cbr said:

hurleyag said:

As long as canned food stays sealed and doesn't bloat up/can isn't damaged, it doesn't really have an expiration date.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Shows like these make me appreciate the amount of food diversity our society has. It wasn't even 100 years ago that the thought of having Asian, soul, seafood, Mexican, etc all in the same week was not available except for the absolute richest people in the world. Can you imagine spending your entire life on nothing more than bread and cheese? Or rice and beans?
agracer
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

beanbean said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Re Catherine. Listening to the podcast.

Q: Why would (insert bearded army dude) follow HER?

A: Yes! You asked the question we wanted the audience to ask. We wanted some confusion. Isn't he the more natural leader? Well, keep watching.
So they wanted the question asked. Posters on this thread get *****ed at for asking the question. Seems about right.
There were about 150 posts I skipped since 0730 today, but I mostly saw amazing alpha males who require a special slings to carry their enormous testicles complaining that women can't be leaders.
No one is saying that. They are saying how could this woman could be the leader. Put her in as Sarah Conner and the terminator wins.

EDIT: I didn't read every post, but the gist of what I did read seemed to be that the character/actress was miscast for the role.
AggieOO
agracer said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

beanbean said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Re Catherine. Listening to the podcast.

Q: Why would (insert bearded army dude) follow HER?

A: Yes! You asked the question we wanted the audience to ask. We wanted some confusion. Isn't he the more natural leader? Well, keep watching.
So they wanted the question asked. Posters on this thread get *****ed at for asking the question. Seems about right.
There were about 150 posts I skipped since 0730 today, but I mostly saw amazing alpha males who require a special slings to carry their enormous testicles complaining that women can't be leaders.
No one is saying that. They are saying how could this woman could be the leader. Put her in as Sarah Conner and the terminator wins.

EDIT: I didn't read every post, but the gist of what I did read seemed to be that the character/actress was miscast for the role.
actually, there was one poster, who every much said women can't be leaders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.