*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

184,859 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Re Catherine. Listening to the podcast.

Q: Why would (insert bearded army dude) follow HER?

A: Yes! You asked the question we wanted the audience to ask. We wanted some confusion. Isn't he the more natural leader? Well, keep watching.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

There's a pretty easy way to comprehend how someone in her position could become the leader of a revolutionary force. All these strong, strapping men? Its been 10 years since the fall and who knows how long they battled FEDRA at the QZs. Whose to say she was the first leader? if anything, the smart play is to let the cavalier people fight the early, tough battles and take over in a power vacuum. Not to mention, there are plenty of examples of women leading a revolutionary force, in both battle or symbolism.
For example?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_who_led_a_revolt_or_rebellion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

There's a pretty easy way to comprehend how someone in her position could become the leader of a revolutionary force. All these strong, strapping men? Its been 10 years since the fall and who knows how long they battled FEDRA at the QZs. Whose to say she was the first leader? if anything, the smart play is to let the cavalier people fight the early, tough battles and take over in a power vacuum. Not to mention, there are plenty of examples of women leading a revolutionary force, in both battle or symbolism.
For example?

Coin, Hunger Games
beanbean
Ol Jock 99 said:

A: Yes! You asked the question we wanted the audience to ask. We wanted some confusion. Isn't he the more natural leader? Well, keep watching.
So they wanted the question asked. Posters on this thread get *****ed at for asking the question. Seems about right.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?
To keep it in the zombie universe, The Walking Dead had multiple examples.
Ol Jock 99
AG
beanbean said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

So they wanted the question asked. Posters on this thread get *****ed at for asking the question. Seems about right.
There were about 150 posts I skipped since 0730 today, but I mostly saw amazing alpha males who require a special slings to carry their enormous testicles complaining that women can't be leaders.
Goldie Wilson
beanbean said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Not quite the same as what some of the posters here were saying
aTmAg
AG
HerschelwoodHardhead said:

aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?
The shortness of that list (and the fact that nearly all of them inherited their position or convinced men that they had "divine influence") proves my point.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?

Coin, Hunger Games
I was talking real life. I know Hollywood loves to blow this way out of proportion.
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?
The shortness of that list (and the fact that nearly all of them inherited their position or convinced men that they had "divine influence") proves my point.
Lol, that's not even remotely true, and your "review" with no examples or evidence provided proves my point. You asked for an example, wikipedia had a plethora of them.

Also....what's to say this woman hasn't inherited the position or convinced the "bearded man" she has divine influence? The story may go that way, and is still a realistic way of assuming power.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well it was actually a book before it was a movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is part of aTm's shtick. He asks for facts/sources, and when they're provided, he finds a way to dismiss them. Classic changing of the goalposts. This is why I mostly avoid these debates now.
aTmAg
AG

aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?
Lol, that's not even remotely true, and your "review" with no examples or evidence provided proves my point. You asked for an example, wikipedia had a plethora of them.

Also....what's to say this woman hasn't inherited the position or convinced the "bearded man" she has divine influence? The story may go that way, and is still a realistic way of assuming power.
Devine influence in 2020s? Really? That would be even more lame than a gay episode.

And it is true. Just look at the wikipedia list. The "oracle of Nusku" (divine influence), Chilonis (inherited), Queen Gwendolen (inherited),Cleopatra (inherited), Fulvia (inherited), Mother L (inherited), etc. And that is just the first few. There may be some legit ones in there somewhere, but my point is made. If there was a wiki link of the men who led a revolt or rebellion is would be ridiculously long.
aTmAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is part of aTm's shtick. He asks for facts/sources, and when they're provided, he finds a way to dismiss them. Classic changing of the goalposts. This is why I mostly avoid these debates now.
Yeah, when one provides facts/sources that prove my point, I will point that out.

There have been many queens that have ordered their nations to war. In that case, people are fighting for the nation and for their "rightful (inherited) ruler". That in no way applies to she scenario in this show. I'm talking about Genghis Kahn types who started from absolutely nothing and led armies to battle. Not Genghis Kahn's daughter/granddaughters who only gained power because of him.
AggieOO
aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

johncAG said:

For example?

Devine influence in 2020s? Really? That would be even more lame than a gay episode.
you'd probably be into a Devine gay episode.

double aught
AG
Faustus said:

She's Mon Mothma's ancestor.
Descendant
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'll bet Kathleen is 2 tons of fun in the sleeping bag. The grateful type

Unemployed
AG
This thread is fking miserable.
CCred92
AG
I was surprised at how good the freeways looked after all that time. I can't imagine what a two lane backroad looks like by now. Doubt they could have found an easy way around.
combat wombat™
AG
This is a topic I wanted to bring up. Almost everything seems to be in great condition considering it's been abandoned for 20 years. Except for buildings in Boston that collapsed. However, I am guessing that those were near bomb sites. The cars aren't completely rusted out, the roads are pretty clear, the area where they camped overnight seemed to have been mowed, or had very short grass growing in it. Buildings that liked any kind of climate control seemed in good shape. Amazing!
WES2006AG
AG
It has been 20 years so there have probably been a few different waves of cars abandoned on these freeways and this is just the relatively recent abandoned cars.
FL_Ag1998
AG
This is now officially the worst thread ever created on the E-board and likely in the top 10 of all-time worst Texags threads.

The trolls who have decided to get their jollies by finding something political to whine about in every episode (even though they swear everyone else are the ones being fragile and illogical)...

combined with the nit-pickers who argue that Bill is wrong and pianos would in fact still have value 20 yrs into the apocalypse....

and finally the apocalypse experts who can definitively say that that a world taken over by a parasitic fungi would never look like what's depicted in the show.

Congrats. Ya'll win.
TCTTS
AG
This is about where I'm at, and I started the thread. It's a f/cking beating, trying to wade through all this trash. Nearly every TexAgs thread for the shows I watch has enhanced my viewing experience in one way or another. I absolutely *love* talking weekly shows on this board, to the point where it's become a crucial part of the viewing experience for me. This is the first time in 19 years of posting, though, that it's had the exact opposite effect. Some of you can't help but suck every last ounce of joy from everything you engage with. And because of that - because it's become so mind numbingly bad - I'm done here, at least for a while…

cbr
AG
On that note how is it that 20 year old gas still runs a car?

I get that it's an early 90's, probably tbi Chevy. Maybe it even has a carb. I didn't look. But is there really any way gas would let that long?
Madmarttigan
AG
I keep saying it in my brain but yet I keep coming back hoping for a different outcome like the bored crazy man that I am.

And these gasoline questions are making me relive the walking dead threads again.
fav13andac1)c
AG
TCTTS said:

This is about where I'm at, and I started the thread. It's a f/cking beating, trying to wade through all this trash. Nearly every TexAgs thread for the respective shows I love and follow has enhanced my viewing experience in one way or another. I absolutely *love* talking weekly shows on this board, to the point where it's become a crucial part of the experience for me. This is the first time in 19 years of posting, though, that it's had the exact opposite effect. Some of you can't help but suck every last ounce of joy from everything you engage with. And because of that - because it's become so mind numbingly bad - I'm done here, at least for a while…

Speak for yourself.

LCE
AG
Nothing looks in great condition and I have a 21 year old vehicle w no rust
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode 4 of "The Last of Us" set yet another series high. 7.5 million viewers tuned into Sunday night's episode, up 17% from the 6.4 million that tuned into Episode 3.

That the show's audience is still growing at this point is an especially impressive feat, as Episode 4 aired on HBO and released on HBO Max during the telecast of the 65th Grammys, which brought in 12.4 million viewers, its highest audience since 2020. Still, a major contingent of viewers chose to watch "The Last of Us" instead, or chose to stream the new episode after the three-hour-long awards show.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ya that's pretty insane. Anecdotally I know a few people who specifically binged Ep. 1 & 2 simply because of the praise Ep. 3 received.
combat wombat™
AG
LCE said:

Nothing looks in great condition and I have a 21 year old vehicle w no rust

But do you leave it parked outside in all sorts of weather, 365 days a year, and never wash it?
double aught
AG
cbr said:

On that note how is it that 20 year old gas still runs a car?

I get that it's an early 90's, probably tbi Chevy. Maybe it even has a carb. I didn't look. But is there really any way gas would let that long?
Well Joel acknowledged it at least.
combat wombat™
AG
Yep… he said it's "practically water". And that you used to be able to drive 10 hours on a full tank.

That said, I think stale gas will mess your engine up it's not a matter of just fuel efficiency.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
TCTTS said:

This is about where I'm at, and I started the thread. It's a f/cking beating, trying to wade through all this trash. Nearly every TexAgs thread for the shows I watch has enhanced my viewing experience in one way or another. I absolutely *love* talking weekly shows on this board, to the point where it's become a crucial part of the viewing experience for me. This is the first time in 19 years of posting, though, that it's had the exact opposite effect. Some of you can't help but suck every last ounce of joy from everything you engage with. And because of that - because it's become so mind numbingly bad - I'm done here, at least for a while…

Great ****ing episode. Show is back on the train, just as I predicted.

Madmarttigan
AG
The ending almost felt like Pascal didn't know what the joke was going to be. It felt like a genuine that joke was so bad its great moment.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.