Westworld 3 - 2020

124,299 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Alright so... it's Teddy inside Charlotte, right? Sorry if this has already been theorized and it's common knowledge around here.

That question is going to be the big reveal this season. It'll probably be something nutty like Caleb requiring a full rewatch of the season.
bobinator
AG
My wife didn't like this episode but I loved it. Really character driven, and not just a bunch of wild plot.
Quinn
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Alright so... it's Teddy inside Charlotte, right? Sorry if this has already been theorized and it's common knowledge around here.

Was coming here to post the same thing. Definitely got major Teddy vibes.
astros4545
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Did Teddy have homosexual tendencies
bobinator
AG
No denying that this episode definitely makes it seem like it could be Teddy, but I'll be kind of annoyed if it is.
tk for tu juan
Glad Aaron Paul was added to the cast. The Dolores/Caleb scenes are great.

Next week's episode is titled The Mother of Exiles, haha that might trigger GOT PTSD
f burg ag
AG
I don't think it can be Teddy. In the park when she was strangling the dude, she said she remembered how ruthless she could be. I never thought of Teddy as ruthless, although she could have been talking about her human self. But.......in the beginning she recognized whose body she was in.....I don't think Teddy knew who she was.
Teddy Perkins
AG
f burg ag said:

I don't think it can be Teddy. In the park when she was strangling the dude, she said she remembered how ruthless she could be. I never thought of Teddy as ruthless, although she could have been talking about her human self. But.......in the beginning she recognized whose body she was in.....I don't think Teddy knew who she was.

I agree. Teddy doesn't make sense and would be a let down. Delores surpasses him in the park. I think Delores v1 is still in Charlotte and she copied herself to a pearl and pumped up the badassery.
redline248
AG
f burg ag said:

At first, the host personality seemed very childlike, to me. Then that scene in the park happened. Could it have been like a switch of sorts, mirroring the change in Teddy before and after Delores jacked with his settings?

I'm having a hard time thinking of another host that is aggressive and trusted by Dolores. Y'all want to brainstorm some other options?

Original Wyatt
Angela (exploded, but could pearl have survived?)
Lawrence
Papa Abernathy (another dead host)

I mean, the more I go down the list of possibilites, there aren't any good ones. It's unlikely they introduce anyone new, right?
TCTTS
AG
It's Abernathy.

Think about it.

Charlotte spent most of last season trying to smuggle data out of the park inside his head.

Now he's in her's. It's perfect, thematic, Westworld irony

Also, there was no one Dolores "trusts" more. Heck, there was no else Dolores trusted at all. But she specifically mentions trusting whoever's in Charlotte's head, and that's the only person who comes to mind. Teddy just feels too obvious/easy.

Abernathy was also one of the only hosts to ever "see" the real world, via the photograph he found in the pilot.

He's who's my money's on as of now.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
At the beginning of the episode I definitely got the Teddy vibes but was still on the fence, but after the Dolores/"Charlotte" scene in the hotel room where they say to each other that they know one another the best, my suspicion was somewhat more solidified. I'm just not sure who else could "know" Dolores better than Teddy. Plus they spooned afterwards, which is pretty much confirmation?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
f burg ag said:

I took that to mean that whoever's in Charlotte's head was remembering how ruthless Charlotte could be. In the previous scene with Dolores, that's what she/he was saying - that he/she felt like the real Charlotte was bubbling to the surface, so speak, trying to claw the imposter out of her head. So I took the choke/dog scene after that as he/she finally embracing the predator side of Charlotte in order to cope/survive.
mazzag
AG
That makes so much sense. I kept feeling like "Charlotte" was "glitching" and I couldn't place what it reminded me of. He's definitely a risk.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good call. Abernathy is likely still somewhat glitching/damaged. I need to go back and find the last scene Abernathy was in and see where we left him, because I can't remember.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Yea, I'll change my guess to Abernathy after reading this. I think the spooning in the hotel room split the difference for me and pushed me towards Teddy, but your prediction is much better.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazzag
AG
Too long between seasons. But I guess it's ok being SIP.
TCTTS
AG
Admittedly, spooning her dad is a little weird, but he was only playing the part in the park, and it's not like hosts have genders anyway. That, and I do like the idea of the "daughter" becoming the "parent" on a thematic level.
mazzag
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Great find. That seals it for me. The last thing he wanted was to go home, and Dolores tells him she's going to get him home.

Then, in their first interaction this episode (with him presumably in Charlotte's head), he asks where he's going and Dolores tells him, "Home."

A nice little wink.

So good.
amercer
AG
Good episode. The scenes with Charlotte and the kid were INTENSE
BenFiasco14
AG
TCTTS said:

Yep. Great find. That seals it for me. The last thing he wanted was to go home, and Dolores tells him she's going to get him home.

Then, in their first interaction this episode (with him presumably in Charlotte's head), he asks where he's going and Dolores tells him, "Home."

A nice little wink.

So good.

This is probably right, but the spooning is still weird
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Jim01
AG
Really liked this episode. Although I have to admit I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out Aaron Paul's hair. Often times he looks like he has Pivenesque plugs. It distracted me. Other times his hair looked natural.

Oh and I was immediately enthralled with that last song. It was my mission as soon as it stopped to find it.

amercer
AG
She clearly always had daddy issues
TCTTS
AG
Jim01 said:

Really liked this episode. Although I have to admit I spent a good deal of time trying to figure out Aaron Paul's hair. Often times he looks like he has Pivenesque plugs. It distracted me. Other times his hair looked natural.

Oh and I was immediately enthralled with that last song. It was my mission as soon as it stopped to find it.

Started Shazaming that song about 10 seconds after it started. Loved it instantly as well

That said, just before the song began, as Charlotte was walking up to meet Serac, there was what sounded like another orchestral/violin cover by Ramin Djawadi (the show's brilliant composer), but I couldn't quite place it. It sounded familiar, though. It may have even been a cover of "Doomed," but I couldn't tell. All I know is that it was equally as good. Whatever it is, I'm going to need it, along with Djawadi's "Sweet Child O' Mine" cover from the trailer (which I imagine will show up in a future episode this season) on the imminent season three soundtrack.
TCTTS
AG
Scrolling through reddit now...

Most interesting theory so far: They want us to believe that Serac was projecting himself to Charlotte at the end of this episode, but what if, instead, Serac only exists as a "hologram," and Maeve was actually in a simulation in the final scene of S3E2? Which would mean that Serac is Rehoboam's "human form." Also, Serac *does* tell Maeve, "Welcome to my world" (as opposed to "the real world"). Not to mention, it would be easy to scrub all the data on yourself (as referred to by the woman telling Charlotte about Serac) when you don't exist.
TCTTS
AG
Then again, here are two shots from the trailers of Serac presumably in the flesh in the real world...

redline248
AG
The captions said they were the same song
TCTTS
AG
... unless he has a real-world host version of himself as well...
TCTTS
AG
Good to know, thanks.
TCTTS
AG
I'm going to watch this episode again later tonight, but I keep thinking of little tidbits...

It's good to finally know who Charlotte was trying to smuggle the data out of the park for - Serac. We were always wondering if she was a rogue Delos employee in a Nedry-in-Jurassic-Park situation, trying to sneak the data out for a competitor, and now we have our answer. Pretty cool to see them laying the groundwork that far back.
TCTTS
AG
More reddit goodness...

"Love how Dolores uses painful memories to awaken Caleb out of his loop. Like the reveries that awoke Dolores and the rest of the hosts. Suffering is what makes us alive."
TCTTS
AG
As much as I like my Abernathy-as-Charlotte theory, this one might even make more sense. Taken from a few reddit posts...

Dolores is Hale, and Wyatt is Dolores.

In the scene where Dolores comforted Hale in bed. Two things stuck out:

1. the "Remember, you belong to me" line. Dolores is fighting for AI freedom, I don't think she is possessive of the hosts as ownership. This line lends more sense in the context of Dolores cloning / splitting personality for another host. The lesser part (Dolores) is being dominated by the greater part (Wyatt).

2. the way cradle in bed, Hale in the fetal position and Dolores soothing her. To me, the body language of both characters in this scene evoked duality.

You don't need to resort to body language for the duality symbolism - Dolores was dressed in complete black and Hale was dressed in complete white whenever they were onscreen together.

Idk who else it could possibly be. Dolores said "Nobody knows you like I do, and nobody knows me like you do." Who else would know each other like that unless they were once the same mind

Dolores pre Wyatt is basically a child.

It would make sense that Dolores (as Hale) was crying over the video of Hale in the park, since she would be discovering Hale, who she killed, wasn't just a monster and had great love for her child.
redline248
AG
I did think a few times this episode that Dolores seemed more masculine than I can remember in other episodes.
TCTTS
AG
Granted, I don't think it would be a simple as splitting Dolores/Wyatt into two distinctly separate entities/personalities - they've both imprinted on each other so much at this point - but this basic scenario makes the most sense to me overall.

This is also the most logical reasoning as to why it's even being presented as a mystery/surprise at all. I've been wondering why hide the identity if it's a host we know - that just feels like needless obscurification for the sake of a reveal and nothing more. But if Charlotte is another version of Dolores, there's all kinds of rich character arc-type stuff that can be examined, and the reveal suddenly becomes far more about character than plot.
NASAg03
The history on Caleb was intense and deep. Loved this episode. So different than the first two seasons.

Preview for next week looks insane.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.