Westworld 3 - 2020

124,318 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All that said, the poster is stunning, and the tagline is genius.

Just a little over a month.

Cannot wait.
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

We know what year it's set in right? It's not too far in the future if I remember correctly

Check my post just below the latest trailer on the previous page. Looks like it's 2058.
Fenrir
I meant more that the prior use of LA cities doesn't mean much for where the primary outside Westworld scenes occurred. They could justify it being anywhere or the real world scenes could happen in multiple locations. It's not like we got a full skyline shot that I can recall (unless there was one when Arnold took Delores to the house he was building?).

The more I look at that poster the more it gives me a Spec Ops The Line vibe.
TCTTS
AG
No, you're right. I've ruled out LA at this point. I'm just curious to see if season three will actually be set in Dubai or not. And if so, if all past real-world city settings were supposed to be Dubai as well? And did China buy Dubai? Or, is the city we've seen - and the city in season three - meant to be a generic, future Asain city? Also, is season two's city different from season three's? I'm not literally asking, just thinking out loud (though I love the discussion).
TCTTS
AG
You added the pic while I was typing. That's pretty interesting (and awesome).
IronRed13
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Where did you get LA? I always thought it was in Asia.
I always thought the flashbacks to Arnold's house was Hong Kong
expresswrittenconsent
The sex dolls make me think both LA and east Asia too.

cough

I mean uh, the architecture also did reminded me of Los Angeles and China.
mazag08
AG
I have no idea what this season is going to actually be about, but I know it's going to be a fun ride.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Ford?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Teaser imminent.
TCTTS
AG
Where are you seeing that? I figured it'd have to this weekend at the absolute latest, considering we'll be three weeks out, and the last real trailer was all the way back in July, but I hadn't seen any rumblings yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw it on reddit, saying tonight. Not looking likely at this point.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. The marketing for season three has been awesome, but somewhat strange. We got our first teaser trailer all the way back in May - earlier than HBO has ever released a trailer for one of their shows - and then a massive full trailer just a couple months later in July. But that was seven months ago and we haven't seen a single new frame of footage since. And now here we are, three weeks before the season three premiere, still with no final trailer. That said, we *did* get a cool date announcement video and an awesome poster recently, but I would have thought that the final trailer would have been out by now, and releasing it anytime after this coming weekend feels way too late. So, hopefully, we get something before/on this coming Sunday.
TCTTS
AG
Just saw someone on reddit say that the final season one trailer released 20 days before the premiere and the final season two trailer released 23 days before the premiere. This coming Sunday marks 21 days before the premiere, so I would be surprised if we don't see it by then, just prior to the airing of the eighth episode of The Outsider, and potentially online before then - maybe even Friday, as HBO sometimes releases trailers online on Fridays.
bobinator
AG
Can't wait to share more bat**** theories with everyone
Geriatric Punk
AG
TCTTS said:

Rise of the Machines...again...
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
TCTTS
AG
And just like that...

Teddy Perkins
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Close enough?
It's been so long since I finished season 2. Hope HBO does something to refresh our memories from the first 2 seasons aside from a 1 minute recap before the start of episode 1 of season 3. Maybe a 30 minute episode recapping the events of seasons 1 and 2?
TCTTS
AG
That "Sweet Child O' Mine" cover...

Good gosh, this looks incredible.

Cannot freakin' wait.

(Posted from my phone earlier and I refuse to watch trailers on my phone.)
TCTTS
AG
#1 said:

It's been so long since I finished season 2. Hope HBO does something to refresh our memories from the first 2 seasons aside from a 1 minute recap before the start of episode 1 of season 3. Maybe a 30 minute episode recapping the events of seasons 1 and 2?

HBO usually doesn't do stuff like that. I'd look to YouTube. Maybe AltShiftX or a similar channel will do something.

I was only going to rewatch the season two finale as a refresher, but now I think I might want to rewatch the entire season if I have the time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I could use a recap of S2. Especially because I'm not 100% sure I actually understood it.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, instead of rewatching every season two episode, I think what I'm going to do is rewatch AltShiftX recaps of episodes one through nine, and then rewatch episode ten in-full. For as crazy as season two was (which I absolutely loved), these explain the events and meanings of the episodes better than the episodes themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn6yDpEottdhgybg5s39zNxRxBVKenlp6
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, I could use a recap of S2. Especially because I'm not 100% sure I actually understood it.

I'm 100% sure I did not understand it
bobinator
AG
What's weird is as much as season 2 was confusing (and at times pointless...) it ended on a fairly simple note for what it means for this season. (With the exception of William, no clue what's happening there.)

But let's gooooooooooo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
William/MIB's arc was way in the future right? And not actually happening concurrently with the Bernard storyline?
bobinator
AG
No, just that last scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well crap. I really do need a rewatch.
bobinator
AG
I wish there was a season 2 unscrambled edition I could watch before season 3. I want to do a rewatch, but don't really feel like having to try to figure out when everything is happening.
bobinator
AG
Also this pretty clearly sets the stage for like a machine (Maeve) vs machine (Dolores and friends, also maybe a/some human(s)?) vs machine (some kind of large scale AI) vs human (all humans) situation for season three right?
Geriatric Punk
AG
Has anyone said season 3 is going to be the end of the series?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

I wish there was a season 2 unscrambled edition I could watch before season 3. I want to do a rewatch, but don't really feel like having to try to figure out when everything is happening.

I love the show, and I generally have great retention of details, but I can't remember the plot linearly. I tried the other day and just got caught in the Bernard loop.

I'd be happy with a timeline. I think a second watching would just melt my brain.
TCTTS
AG
We probably would have heard by now if this is it. My guess is they do at least one more season after this one. That said, two things:

1) Lisa Joy Nolan (co-creator, husband of Jonathan Nolan) is simultaneously in post-production on a big sci-fi movie - Reminiscence - which isn't coming out until later this year, so I imagine she'll need that completely off her plate before they even start thinking about a fourth season.

2) Jonathan and Lisa signed a massive overall deal with Amazon earlier this year, and I imagine they're going to have to be servicing that more and more, which is another reason a fourth season of Westworld will likely be it, and another reason it could be delayed past 2022.

That said, these two are insanely prolific, so who knows. Maybe they can still have a fourth season ready for 2022, despite all of these other commitments.

(As for the 2022 date, I'm going off each season having been released two years apart so far.)
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

Not exactly what you're looking for but should help...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.