Westworld 3 - 2020

124,322 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haha agreed. Someone had to have a good life.
merc
AG
I've been enjoying this season quite a bit more than last and actually look forward to gaining new pieces to the puzzle each week.
tk for tu juan
I see William has been reading the COVID board
Mathguy64
AG
The kid? They had to blow up the kid?
mazzag
AG
And beat the imaginary one to death.
bobinator
AG
I'm loving this season. I actually thought for a second that Charlores was going to put Connelores into the riot control transformer thing.

Interested to see where the William arc is heading.
merc
AG
This episode seems to have put a lot of the time mirror world/timeline theories on the back burner again with all of the characters interacting. Of course, this can change in one episode but as someone else said on this thread this story seems really straight forward for westworld outside of whatever is going on with Caleb.
tk for tu juan
I need to go back and watch, but in the scene where Charlotte is walking down the street with her son, there is a stunt in the background of what looks like someone jumping off a building. For some reason the execution of it made be laugh because it looked slightly awkward.
mazzag
AG
I think it was just a jacket falling.
oragator
I had asked a either last week or the week before what the pin ***** was for when Charlotte had William committed. Guess that got answered tonight as a tracker.
Serac was running the simulation from HQ. so that was interesting.
The multiple Willams was super cool, but in the end it kind of felt like the plot to the movie Identity.
The interaction between the two Charlottes was really well written.
Guess we will find out how Bernard found William.
And no Aaron Paul this week, which was disspointing.
amercer
AG
Well I take back my concerns from last week.

Holy ****
merc
AG
Didn't Martinlores tell Bernard about the Serac's center last week? Err, that would be weird though since Charlores just found him? Damnit, maybe I killed timeline theories too early. Bleh.
TCTTS
AG
Wow.
tk for tu juan
That would make sense, I didn't want to pause and rewind.
tk for tu juan
oragator said:

And no Aaron Paul this week, which was disspointing.
At least the preview for next week shows we are getting Caleb's backstory
TCTTS
AG
merc said:

Didn't Martinlores tell Bernard about the Serac's center last week? Err, that would be weird though since Charlores just found him? Damnit, maybe I killed timeline theories too early. Bleh.

Yeah, I'm confused. Last episode, Connells clearly showed Bernard on the tablet where William was being held. There were multiple pictures of the facility. But then they made a thing this episode of William's blood being uploaded to the facility and pinging Dolores as to where William's location was, as if she didn't know (at least I think that's what happened). Also, why send William to the looney bin only to rescue him from the looney bin two episodes latter? Or did Connells "betray" Dolores in that moment and give away William's location without Dolores knowing? But why wouldn't have Dolores known where they were sending William if it was her plan to send him there in the first place?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Cool fairly straight forward episode. Not too important but how is Serac appearing as a hologram to people that aren't wearing the holo glasses/contacts?
oragator
So many small things about this show too.
Declares himself the good guy, and what color was he wearing tonight!?

Oh and the unknown protein found in William? Is that the tracker or something worse?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Possibilities for Maeve's newly printed sidekick: Teddy, Armistice, Clementine. I think the coolest would be Teddy just to try to play head games with Dolores, but I still lean toward him being in the sublime and nowhere else. My money is on Clementine though.
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Cool fairly straight forward episode. Not too important but how is Serac appearing as a hologram to people that aren't wearing the holo glasses/contacts?

Was wondering the exact same thing.
amercer
AG
I was actually really confused about the facility in question.

At first I thought they were rebuilding Maeve on the Mesa, then it turned out to be in Delos headquarters? Maeve even says "we're home" . Hectors pearl couldn't have physically made it to Delos HQ in that time. So maybe another Hector is still at the Mesa?

And Serac has to destroy all hosts and all their data because there can't be predicted by his AI. So in the end he means to destroy the valley beyond. I still think Maeve is playing the long game so that he will give her enough powers to overcome Delores, but then Serac as well.
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Possibilities for Maeve's newly printed sidekick: Teddy, Armistice, Clementine. I think the coolest would be Teddy just to try to play head games with Dolores, but I still lean toward him being in the sublime and nowhere else.

In an interview at some point in the past few months, apparently James Marsden was coy about coming back this season. Sounds like he might. If so, what if they reprint Teddy's BODY, but Maeve has HER code/pearl copied inside him? How much of a trip/f-you would that be for Dolores?
Teddy Perkins
AG
That makes a lot of sense. That hesitation seeing Teddy may be exactly what they need to take out an overpowered Dolores.
amercer
AG
Also I guess William didn't bite anyone's finger off, which is a little disappointing.

Have we ever seen William and Bernard meet face to face? In season one Stubbs authorizes Williams use of high explosives in the park remotely, but did we ever see them meet?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Hope Charredlores gets some more riot control robots and goes off. Also, she was looking ripped during that escape.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
amercer
AG
Also, I don't see how that do a season 4, unless they just leave this season unresolved.

If they wrap up the current plot lines I think we're done. Unless season 4 is 200 years in the future and on Mars
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
amercer said:

Also, I don't see how that do a season 4, unless they just leave this season unresolved.

If they wrap up the current plot lines I think we're done. Unless season 4 is 200 years in the future and on Mars

Easy. Season three, robots beat Serac. Season 4, robots take control of world, Caleb turns on Delores, Season 5 Delores captures Caleb and imprisons him in her Neo-Nazi robot friends Host lab, where he is forced to cook robots all day. Season 6 Delores eventually realizes how important Caleb is, and goes in to save him with an M60 machine gun inside the trunk of her car, sacrificing herself. She walks the robot lab and dies as the humans show up to capture her.
SWCBonfire
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Possibilities for Maeve's newly printed sidekick: Teddy, Armistice, Clementine. I think the coolest would be Teddy just to try to play head games with Dolores, but I still lean toward him being in the sublime and nowhere else. My money is on Clementine though.

Hector was a projection of Lee Sizemore. Who they also still have a pearl copy of, incidentally.
amercer
AG
Also, also, seems pretty dumb not to have someone there to collect the Delores pearls when they blow up the car.

That's some sloppy **** Serac. Or maybe Delores blew up the car because she didn't like the idea of Halores not sticking to the plan .
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm starting to wonder if Dolores sent William to Inner Journey's to get access to Serac's reprogramming data. Why send William to a Serac facility? The message after testing William's blood sample was:

Quote:

UNKNOWN PROTEIN DETECTED
SYNTHETIC MARKERS FOUND
<<WARNING: DATA BREACH>>
NON-CODING DNA
<< EXECUTING SUBROUTINE >>
TRACING DATA TRANSMISSION RECIPIENT SERVER DETECTED
SONORA, MEXICO 29.2972 N. 110.3309 W

The unknown protein is the tracker Halores injected into William. I think Halores also included some malware to hack Serac's facility (the data breach). Possibly to get info on Caleb's reprogramming.
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

According to Thandie Newton, Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have a five-season plan. I could see four and five being combined into one, final season - if only because Nolan and Joy signed a deal with Amazon and they'll need to start servicing that more and more - but I'd say we're definitely getting at least one more season. Besides, no way things are wrapped with Serac by the end of this season. There's way too much ground cover with only two episodes left. I'd bet anything they end on a pretty big cliffhanger.
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Hope Charredlores gets some more riot control robots and goes off. Also, she was looking ripped during that escape.

Tessa Thompson deserves her own action franchise after tonight. She's legit.
redline248
AG
Yeah, the facility tracker bit is confusing. Can't be a timeline thing due to the fact that Hale found the facility at the same time she found Connell's pearl...which can't have been taken by Serac until after he told Bernard about the facility.

I somewhat expect the body coming out as Maeve waited to be another Maeve.

Blue star for the above poster with the burning Anakin gif. Exactly what I was thinking. I was also thinking of the Matrix when Hale crushed Hector's pearl. "Not like this..."

Is Hale gonna go HAM on Serac, or turn on Dolores?
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Tessa Thompson deserves her own action franchise after tonight. She's legit.
It's amazing how much I hated her in season 1, only to love her since Thor Ragnarok.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.