Westworld 3 - 2020

124,312 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think a reason it didn't work as well is that the lines were blurred more in season 2. When the reveal happened in s1 everything leading up to it clicked into place. I don't feel like s2 was as clear once the reveal happened.
bobinator
AG
For me in season 1 it felt like the way they told the story was itself a part of the story.

In season 2 it felt like a way to just cover up some mediocre storytelling at times. The bigger issue with season two though was just some weird narrative detours.

I've watched the whole season twice and I'm still not sure what the point of that shootout at the fort was.
tk for tu juan
Maybe I need to go back and watch season 2, but the non-linear storytelling was necessary to reveal to the audience everything that happened between Ford's slaughter event to security showing up at the same pace as Bernard's fragmented mind was figuring things out.

In season 3, I do not see how the park plays much of a role outside of accessing file storage or additional flashbacks. Every exec and guest was killed by the hosts, so unless there was zero outside media coverage, it is effectively shutdown from hosting any more guests. The investors whose interest were in the Delos technology of transferring consciousness into a AI robot already have the intellectual property needed from the info carried out by Dolores and others. All the other hosts have "left" the park for the great grass sea.
amercer
AG
Love me some Westworld
PatAg
AG
I'm excited to see Aaron Paul as a lead on a big show again. I know he has been on some smaller shows and had that leading role in the car racing movie, but this is a huge HBO series.

I think he is actually a great actor, and hope this allows him to break out of the Jessie 'yea *****" pigeonhole for future roles.
Teddy Perkins
AG
PatAg said:

I'm excited to see Aaron Paul as a lead on a big show again. I know he has been on some smaller shows and had that leading role in the car racing movie, but this is a huge HBO series.

I think he is actually a great actor, and hope this allows him to break out of the Jessie 'yea *****" pigeonhole for future roles.
YellowPot_97
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Remember when Redstone spoiled a season of Lost? He was able to get people to finally like him again...haha

Still pissed at that weirdo for that
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mazag08 said:

Literally have no idea what they are trying to do. But I'm definitely in.

that sums up 90% of the episode reactions too.
TCTTS
AG
All great to hear...

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/westworld-season-3-less-mysteries-aaron-paul-character-details-1202158766/
TCTTS
AG
I was not expecting a new trailer today, but here we are. This looks sooooo good...

TCTTS
AG
Also: Nazi World!
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
That's a good poster
bearamedic99
AG
Toga/Rome World at 1:46?

Also, Zak Braff?

Looks great!
TCTTS
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Also, Zak Braff?

Looks great!

That shot/set looks too modern to be Rome. I'm thinking that's either the real world or a different part of the park.

Also, I didn't see Zack Braff anywhere. 99.9% certain he's not in this season. You might have him mixed up with who I think is John Gallagher Jr. Only other newcomers I can spot are Aaron Paul (obviously), Vincent Cassel, Lena Waithe, and I think Tommy Flanagan.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

bearamedic99 said:

Also, Zak Braff?

Looks great!

That shot/set looks too modern to be Rome. I'm thinking that's either the real world or a different part of the park.

Also, I didn't see Zack Braff anywhere. 99.9% certain he's not in this season. You might have him mixed up with who I think is John Gallagher Jr. Only other newcomers I can spot are Aaron Paul (obviously), Vincent Cassel, Lena Waithe, and I think Tommy Flanagan.
Looked like him with silver hair in the chopper
TCTTS
AG
Yep.

(Admittedly, I didn't know his name, only that I recognized him from Braveheart and a couple other things.)
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

I was not expecting a new trailer today, but here we are. This looks sooooo good...

That looks so incredibly badass that I have no words for it.
bearamedic99
AG
Sorry.

It looked like Zach Braff at 1:50. I didn't think he is still acting.
claym711
AG
Nazi world, brilliant. This show is best thing running
MW03
AG
I know you guys all said you didn't care about seeing anymore xWorlds, but damnit you have to be hyped up to see War World and Gladiator World.
Sex Panther
AG
Jesus Christ how much does this show cost to make?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Epic trailer.

Westworld War II
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator
AG
I'm all for other worlds if they add to the plot. I think most of the 'we don't need any more worlds' thing is because it's hard to imagine them being important to the overall story.

And because last season's little adventure into Shogun World seemed mostly pointless.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther said:

Jesus Christ how much does this show cost to make?
Well they no longer have to pay for GoT, so I'm sure that helped.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
blindey said:

TCTTS
AG
JetAg
AG
I am very much looking forward to season 3! Can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
amercer
AG
So that's the bigger bad guy?
Al Bula
AG
Still hoping Maeve catches robot AIDS and is not rebootbable. Weakest, most uninteresting character by far.
claym711
AG
Really odd take. Key character.
Belton Ag
AG
I'm guessing Incite must be the competitor to Delos and who's behind the corporate espionage that was alluded to in previous seasons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.