Westworld 3 - 2020

128,714 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Lol, Jussie Smollett actually in jail!?!?

Are you lost, sir?
Nope, if anything on that board crosses over it's Jussie (an actor in the entertainment industry).

Going off this rationale, anything done by trump is fodder for this board.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Lol, Jussie Smollett actually in jail!?!?

Are you lost, sir?
Nope, if anything on that board crosses over it's Jussie (an actor in the entertainment industry).

Going off this rationale, anything done by trump is fodder for this board.

I don't consider reality tv entertainment though. At least one is an actor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

Was Jussie in that trailer or something? What are you talking about?
Damn sure looked like him in the orange jump suit...could be wrong. Don't think I am.

That was Kid Cudi.
You're not gonna spoil this show too, are you?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

Damn sure looked like him in the orange jump suit...could be wrong. Don't think I am.

That was Kid Cudi.

The song in the trailer is a remix of one of his.
TCTTS
AG
Woke up, saw the post count since last night, hoping I had some fun, insightful speculation/conversation to catch up on. Nope, just some weirdo mistaking Kid Cudi for Jussie Smollett (???) and the sinking feeling this thread is about to get political for God knows why.

Also, Good Aggie Hunting, you might as well start a new account at this point. I was fortunate enough to miss whatever GoT spoilers you posted, but the hatred for what you did is starting to pop up in every single thread you're posting in. You're never living that down.
tk for tu juan
Remember when Redstone spoiled a season of Lost? He was able to get people to finally like him again...haha
bobinator
AG
We have like a whole year for insightful speculation.

Might as well start out with some passive racism.
Belton Ag
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

That was Kid Cudi.

The song in the trailer is a remix of one of his.
The piano music at the very end?
bobinator
AG
Kid Cudi was in Pink Floyd?
annie88
AG
I've never watched it. Is it worth it?
bobinator
AG
Absolutely. I thought season 1 was one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

And season 2 probably wouldn't be as bad as it felt like if you just binged it. It was still fun to debate theories/guess what was going on/etc, but I think it got a little sideways at the end.
annie88
AG
bobinator said:

Absolutely. I thought season 1 was one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

And season 2 probably wouldn't be as bad as it felt like if you just binged it. It was still fun to debate theories/guess what was going on/etc, but I think it got a little sideways at the end.

Thanks I think I'll check it out.
Belton Ag
AG
bobinator said:

I thought the 10 second piano refrain was the Westworld theme but I guess not.

And as far as Kid Cudi in Pink Floyd, I have no idea. Was he the cowboy, the fireman or the Indian?
Duncan Idaho
tk for tu juan said:

Remember when Redstone spoiled a season of Lost? He was able to get people to finally like him again...haha

Was he though?
BenFiasco14
AG
bobinator said:

We have like a whole year for insightful speculation.

Might as well start out with some passive racism.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bobinator said:

Haha I had a total brain fart. His song is in the Euphoria trailer that was also playing on HBO last night. I got the two confused this morning.

Redstone
AG
Please keep spoilers off this thread.

Staff did a great job with GOT; we have that example to follow.
Joseph Parrish
AG
TCTTS said:

Woke up, saw the post count since last night, hoping I had some fun, insightful speculation/conversation to catch up on. Nope, just some weirdo mistaking Kid Cudi for Jussie Smollett (???) and the sinking feeling this thread is about to get political for God knows why.

Also, Good Aggie Hunting, you might as well start a new account at this point. I was fortunate enough to miss whatever GoT spoilers you posted, but the hatred for what you did is starting to pop up in every single thread you're posting in. You're never living that down.
Oh yeah, I'm so weird...
easttexasaggie04
AG
I don't think I ever finished season 2. I need to go finish it. I guess I'll have time now that GOT is over.
tk for tu juan
From the narration of Aaron Paul's character, is he someone that bought into Delos' marketing of how they plan to use the technology, invested in it, and got burned when Ford did what he did? Or is he pissed about lies from government propaganda?
bobinator
AG
It could be a lot of things.

It's possible that the sequence of events in the trailor (in as much as it is a sequence) is backwards. He could have met Dolores, bought into her version of a 'better world', but then becomes more and more disillusioned as she becomes the murderer that we all know she is. She, and her followers which we know there are at least some of still, promised a 'better world' but it isn't really better, etc, etc. (Although this kind of tracks pretty close to what happened in GOT so seems unlikely.)

That's not a prediction, just saying it's possible from the trailer. I completely agree that basically everything we see there is probably from the first half of the first episode.
israeliag
AG
bobinator said:

I binged it and was really surprised why people had such a negative reaction. I remember hearing thinking it was confusing and slow, but that is not a problem when you finish the 10 eps in 1 week. Plus, you don't have to worry about participating in a TexAgs thread that devolves into politics, racism, and name-calling :P

I also thought episode 8 (where the tribe leader recounts his story to Maeve's girl) was one of the most beautiful hour of TV and a great way to pull off a bottle-episode in a serial series.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I think season 2 really had some highs and lows. No doubt 'Kiksuya' was one of the most amazing episodes of anything I've ever seen.

I just think things got a little unnecessarily complicated at times, which watching week to week was a little bit frustrating.
MW03
AG
The problem with a show like Westworld is its own success. The first season created this beautiful world that we were transfixed by, and it's juxtaposition to the future made it all the more fascinating. The problem was that while they were making us fall in love with the story being set there, the story itself necessitated that the world we loved watching be destroyed and left behind. I know I was hoping to see more worlds and more parks, but the story had already progressed pas the point where those worlds or parks were central to the story so much as the destruction of those places themselves.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that part of the letdown was because of how much we loved the setting of Season 1. However, watching the Man in Black ride around an through dynamite in a western was always an ephemeral aspect of the larger show.
TCTTS
AG
Two counters:

1) An episode into Shogun World, I knew I didn't need to see another park after that. Or, rather, I didn't need to go on yet another make-believe adventure. Personally, I found the behind-the-scenes plot lines + the-park-is-going-to-hell plot lines far more interesting than most of the adventures that took place within the live, fully functioning parks. It was just really hard for me to get caught up in the stories/plights of the robots who hadn't yet been "awaken," and I feel like once we saw one story/adventure in those worlds, we saw them all. After Shogun World - and the taste we got of Raj World - I pretty much got the gist. IMO, like Jurassic Park, watching the failure and destruction of the park was infinitely more captivating than the functioning park itself. In other words, I just don't know how long they could have sustained a fully-functioning park and moved the story forward in a significant way.

2) All that said, why does everyone assume we're done with the parks? It's all but guaranteed that the show will find its way back to Westworld in some way, shape, or form - and along with it, probably another couple worlds we didn't get to see. We're either going to find ourselves caught up in some story that takes place in the remnants of those worlds - or - keeping with the Jurassic Park comparison, they'll go Jurassic World on us and re-open the park at some point, with bigger/better/"safer" features. Or we get both scenarios over the next couple of seasons. I'm just saying, I would be absolutely shocked if the show moves fully into the outside world at this point. I feel like this is simply an expansion of the story, not a completely new, irreversible course.
MW03
AG
I actually agree with your first point. I just meant that I think people in general enjoyed the paradigm of the park while it was operating and the real characters in it, posed against the characters waking up, and then intrigue behind how it would ultimately collapse.
TCTTS
AG
That's a good point. The anticipation of the collapse - while the park was still fully functioning - was a nice sweet spot.
bobinator
AG
I also think part of where last season kind of missed the magic of the first is that the non-linear storytelling seemed more annoying than intriguing. I kind of hope they go away from that in the next season unless there's a really compelling reason to do it again.

It was also a little disheartening to see the writers making up some stuff as they were filming it (like Stubbs being a host.) You'd think for a show that welcomes fan theories and where the writers are engaged with the Reddit community and that kind of thing to at least spend a little time thinking about the plot ramifications of things.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

1) [...]After Shogun World - and the taste we got of Raj World - I pretty much got the gist. IMO, like Jurassic Park, watching the failure and destruction of the park was infinitely more captivating than the functioning park itself.
After this scene, but really just Ramin Djawadi's unbelievable soundtrack to it, I was happy never seeing another xWorld:

For me, the destruction is nice and all, but I'm there for the artificial intelligence. The first season was largely about the hosts gaining sentience where season 2 was naturally progression of that theme with the focus now on the decisions they get to make with that sentience. It got to show us them grappling with developing ethics, while diving deeper into their relationship with their creators and their superiority/inferiority to natural intelligence.

Plus, the show's ability to have me make a 180 on my opinions of Maeve is commendable. I did not like her in last season at all and was disgusted at the anarchy she unleashed, and so her character's convincing and sympathetic growth in season 2 was a pleasant surprise.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

I also think part of where last season kind of missed the magic of the first is that the non-linear storytelling seemed more annoying than intriguing. I kind of hope they go away from that in the next season unless there's a really compelling reason to do it again.

I get it, I do, but I had the complete opposite reaction. I absolutely loved the non-linear storytelling. To me, that was "magic." I'd never seen anything like it before, on that scale, and personally, I thought it made the story even more compelling - and even, in a way, more epic - trying to piece to it together along with Barnard & co, seeing it as they see it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
It worked in S1. It didn't in S2. I hope they get away from it in S3 as well.
TCTTS
AG
It didn't work for you. And that's fine. It definitely worked for me, though. We can both hold our respective opinions.
TCTTS
AG
That said, I do agree that the right course of action for S3 would be to stick to a more linear, straightforward story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.