Westworld 3 - 2020

124,295 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This season is 100% ending on a cliffhanger.
redline248
AG
Oh, can we talk about the worst part of last episode? Dolores's hair covering up her boobs
CoachRTM
AG
Do we really want to discount the possibility of aliens ?

Who gave us all the technology?
What are the Illuminati and Freemasons up to?
redline248
AG
Season 6 totally ends with the last remaining humans hiding deep underground...where the Earth is still warm
TCTTS
AG
You kid, but this might honestly not be far off. I keep thinking in terms of "reinvention" to keep the show fresh, and what if after season four, the hosts win? And then season five you cut to like 50 or 100 years in the future, but with the same cast of hosts, who obviously haven't aged. And then a whole new cast of humans - like the remaining rebel faction of humans or something. I seriously doubt the show goes that extreme, but it's at least an option. That, and we *have* already had a scene set likely hundreds of years in the future, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.
bobinator
AG
This is obviously just wild speculation, but what if the season ends with William beginning to hunt down the hosts, setting that up as the major conflict of the next season.

Even now I think only Serac and William know there are hosts loose in the world right?

So the hosts 'win' and just integrate into the outside world to end the season, but the season ends with us seeing William following one of them or something.
TCTTS
AG
It's definitely going to be interesting to see what William's new "purpose" is. Is it killing hosts, as a means to help save mankind - or - is it saving hosts, as a means to make up for his past sins? In this past episode he says, "I finally understand my purpose. I'm the good guy." And then there's his line from the trailer, which looks to come in the next episode, "I'm going save the ****ing world." So will being the "good guy"/saving the world mean saving it from the hosts or saving it from Serac?
bobinator
AG
He might also be under the impression that Dolores plans on killing everyone, which is not really the case, so who knows.

But I do think they're setting William up to be the centerpiece of next season, where this season he's mostly on the periphery of the action.
LPHA
AG
Jim01
AG
Not sure if this was already known, but Aaron Paul just announced on his IG that he will be part of season 4.
TCTTS
AG
Nice!
Breggy Popup
AG
redline248 said:

Oh, can we talk about the worst part of last episode? Dolores's hair covering up her boobs

Thinking back...have we actually seen Dolores' boobs? I thought her hair has always covered them.
redline248
AG
Bregxit said:

redline248 said:

Thinking back...have we actually seen Dolores' boobs? I thought her hair has always covered them.
Now you have me second guessing, but I thought for sure in season 1.
TCTTS
AG
We've definitely seen them. In both season one and two.
Breggy Popup
AG
TCTTS said:

We've definitely seen them. In both season one and two.

I did find one screenshot. You're right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Speculation or insider info?
TCTTS
AG
I think there were like two or three shots in season one, and then I remember being surprised by one late-ish in season two. It felt like Evan Rachel Wood had moved past doing that, and then I was like, "Oh."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jim01 said:

Not sure if this was already known, but Aaron Paul just announced on his IG that he will be part of season 4.
Well, this almost certainly means his character background will remain a mystery at the end of this season. But, glad to hear he's coming back!
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Speculation or insider info?

Complete speculation. Simply based on the feeling that there's so much story/conflict left between Dolores and Serac, with William barely having joined in the action yet as well. No way they can wrap it all up in two hours.

Also, season three has mirrored season one in a few subtle ways, and I can see it mirroring the endpoint as well. Season one ended with Dolores causing all hell to break loose, and then season two was set amongst that aftermath. Yes, Dolores has already cut the string, so to speak, this season, but I think the true aftermath of her efforts will be what season four is about - a world in chaos, much the same way season two was about Westworld in chaos.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jim01 said:

Well, this almost certainly means his character background will remain a mystery at the end of this season. But, glad to hear he's coming back!

I don't know, this next episode looks to be the deep dive into his past we've been waiting for.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I think this week is the Caleb episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah. Well I never watch the previews.
MW03
AG
I hope it turns out that this has been a secret Matrix side project all along and we see a war between humans and Dolores' solar powered army that results in humanity nuking the sky to blot out the son.

Then the big reveal of Matrix 4 is that it's Keanu versus Delores.
TCTTS
AG
They *are* both Warner Bros. properties, and the creators themselves have admitted to this season being influenced by The Matrix...
MW03
AG
bobinator
AG
I actually tossed around a theory in my head earlier this season that the 'reality' is basically The Matrix. That the people are real, but they're in some kind of capsule or something somewhere and the ones walking around are their avatars.

I figured there's no way it's anything like that because the show would get torched by critics probably.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
During Williams speech about humanity, I couldn't help but think of Agent Smith. That was a pretty obvious nod there, which I liked.
TCTTS
AG
For sure. That, and then Hector getting unplugged was so much like Switch getting unplugged in The Matrix ("Not like this."). Feels like there's been a nod per episode or so.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

For sure. That, and then Hector getting unplugged was so much like Switch getting unplugged in The Matrix ("Not like this."). Feels like there's been a nod per episode or so.

That's what I said the other day
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B_SnX3VFK4m
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

So it turns out there are two different locations in Mexico near Sonora that are given for William. This gets into it a bit around the 11:33 mark.

Thanks for posting. I finally had a chance to watch this, and his explanation makes SO MUCH sense. That plot point was bugging the heck out of me, but it's finally been solved...

William is sent to the Inner Journey Recovery facility in Sonora Mexico by Dolores Prime and Charlores. Then, when his synthetic-protein-infected blood is uploaded to the system, TWO things happen, 1) as a default precaution, the system transmits the breach/info to an unknown server, at a DIFFERENT location in Sonora, Mexico, and 2) Charlores then receives a ping not to the location of William, but to the location of the other server, where his info was sent. While both monitors/screenshots say "Sonora, Mexico," I should have looked closer, as the coordinates listed are different for each of the two Sonora locations (in my defense, The Recappables guys in today's podcast were as equally as confused.)

In other words, Dolores Prime and Charlores' plan was to inject William with the synthetic protein and send him to the Sonora recovery facility, knowing that William's contaminated blood would then be flagged and sent to the other, mystery Sonora location, which Dolores Prime and Charlores now have the location of. In the meantime, Connells sent Bernard and Stubbs to retrieve William (with the added bonus of him now being a new man, so to speak), while I imagine Dolores Prime and Caleb are now headed to the second, mystery Sonora location (after Charlores called Dolores Prime and gave her the info) and not Westworld, which is where I original thought this image was ...

(from the "three episodes left" preview)

I have to say, now that it's clear, this plan was so damn cool and smart, and tells me that Dolores Prime is 100% still using Bernard, along with William now, for her plan.
bobinator
AG
I'd like five internet points for figuring that out first please.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
merc
AG
I hope the Caleb mystery pays off. Also, every week I flip back and forth between simulation or not with a lot of the "real world" we see. Something is off but it could just be how it is written while trying to tell the main story line. I still expect some kind of crazy reveal just because this is westworld. I would probably be a bit disappointed without one tbh because I'm used to them now.
bobinator
AG
I've been thinking about what's 'off' and the thing I've come up with is "where the hell is everyone?" I know for budget reasons crowds are hard, but this show has a decent budget so they could throw some randos in the deep background on scenes or whatever.

There are like... very few people in this future. And maybe that's because the system is cutting down on children or whatever, but to me that's the weirdest thing about the world is the lack of people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.