Westworld 3 - 2020

128,710 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah, good point. Forgot about that.
bobinator
AG
Good point. And Meave knows everything else will be destroyed.

So, we solved that... what's next? Haha
mazag08
AG
I've checked out in this thread. I've found that you guys are so good at laying out potential theories that certain things that happen aren't as exiting as they would be if I went in blind.

I'm not at all saying anything negative about this thread. It's just become more fun to not participate or read all the back and forth. I think this season has me even more mind ****ed than previous ones though. Before, the setting was in one place.. the park. Now, there are multiple settings, in and out of consciousness, virtual reality hallucinations. It's just a lot.
TCTTS
AG
I hear you, but for me at least, it's more about trying to figure out what we just saw than what's going to happen. I love a good future theory as much as the next guy, but, like with my main post late last night, I was more confused than anything and just wanted to better understand the episode. Because when I understand exactly what everyone's motivations are and who knows what, it makes the next episode that much more enjoyable and less confusing.

That said, with no big movies for the next three months or so, and TV about to dry up significantly come June-ish, I'm admittedly milking this Westworld season for all it's worth. This is as big and blockbustery as it gets until at least mid-July, if not later, so I'm watching every episode twice, reading all the theories, and being as involved as I can possibly be. In about ten days it all comes to end, and we won't be seeing spectacle like this for quite some time.
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

That said, with no big movies for the next three months or so, and TV about to dry up significantly come June-ish, I'm admittedly milking this Westworld season for all it's worth. This is as big and blockbustery as it gets until at least mid-July, if not later, so I'm watching every episode twice, reading all the theories, and being as involved as I can possibly be. In about ten days it all comes to end, and we won't be seeing spectacle like this for quite some time.

I think this whole thing just "got real" for me.

Especially with Better Call Saul ending last night.
TCTTS
AG
Netflix has The Eddy coming in May (from writer/director Damien Chazelle), and HBO has Perry Mason coming in June (which looks incredible), but other than those shows, and maybe a couple of decent comedy series in May/June, yeah, once Westworld ends, it could very well be 2021 until we get an "event" series again. TV-wise, the second half of 2020 is looking pretty barren, unfortunately, unless some of these series are able to start back up in June and can somehow get episodes ready for the end of the year. That said, if theaters see enough of an audience, movie-wise, August-ish through December could be fairly packed in terms of blockbuster entertainment.
AgShaun00
AG
Has there been a scene where Serac has been physically touched? I get there is a simulation world and the real world.
amercer
AG
Flashbacks with his brother, although that doesn't mean much.

We've seen him touching things though, so he's not always a hologram.
Teddy Perkins
AG

So it turns out there are two different locations in Mexico near Sonora that are given for William. This gets into it a bit around the 11:33 mark.
AgShaun00
AG
amercer said:

Where did he touch them?

could Serac be dead and he needs Delos technology to recreate himself to be "alive" again? or is Rehoboam Serac?

veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think The Mandalorian season 2 will still drop this fall.
amercer
AG
AgShaun00 said:

amercer said:

Where did he touch them?

could Serac be dead and he needs Delos technology to recreate himself to be "alive" again? or is Rehoboam Serac?

Talking to the president of Brazil, in his plane, and at Delos HQ.

The show has also been pretty clear about when things are a simulation by changing the aspect ratio for those scenes.

I think Serac is a host version of Rehoboam, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's just a guy either.
bobinator
AG
So that's what I was saying, the tracker inside William was to find something else, not to track William.
bobinator
AG
It's worth noting that the aspect ratio only changes when the host knows it's a simulation. We saw that in the second episode.
amercer
AG
Yeah, you're right in that. I thought they used that in season 2 as well, but weren't explicit about the meaning.

It's going to be a really really confusing reveal for most people if a "real world" scene with non-hosts suddenly goes widescreen. I know they did that in the war world episode, but they had a ton of clues to let people know something was off before the reveal.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, they did use it, but the people that went into the cradle or the forge or whatever knew they were going into a simulation so it was widescreen from the beginning.

It would be a wild moment if a real world scene suddenly goes widescreen. Could be an all-timer of a 'holy ****' moment.
redline248
AG
Wow, I have not noticed the aspect ratio changes, before. What exactly do I need to look for?
bobinator
AG
I couldn't find a clip on YouTube, but if you go to the 33 minute mark on the second week's episode (The Winter Line) on HBO Now you can see it happen. The aspect ratio changes, and from then on all the simulation scenes are shot in that ratio because Maeve now knows she's in a simulation.

If you're trying to do this on a DVR or something, there's a scene where Maeve and Sizemore are talking where Maeve realizes it's not the real sizemore, but at this point she thinks he's a host. Then there's a cut to Stubbs and Bernard finding Maeve's body but hear pearl is missing. It's the scene right after that you're looking for.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-renewed-season-4-at-hbo-1291307

TCTTS
AG
veryfuller said:

I think The Mandalorian season 2 will still drop this fall.

Good call. Totally forgot.
TCTTS
AG
Btw... SIX seasons?!
TCTTS
AG
If they stick to the every-two-years pattern, that'll put season six releasing in 2026, and the show will have run for an entire decade. Wild...

2016 - Season 1
2018 - Season 2
2020 - Season 3
2022 - Season 4
2024 - Season 5
2026 - Season 6
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

If they stick to the every-two-years pattern, that'll put season six releasing in 2026, and the show will have run for an entire decade. Wild...

2016 - Season 1
2018 - Season 2
2020 - Season 3
2022 - Season 4
2024 - Season 5
2026 - Season 6
I am looking to forward to a real Westworld park being up and running prior to the show coming to an end.
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

AgShaun00 said:

amercer said:

Where did he touch them?

The show has also been pretty clear about when things are a simulation by changing the aspect ratio for those scenes.

I think Serac is a host version of Rehoboam, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's just a guy either.

They've now spent so much time building up Serac's backstory and motivations, that I just can't see him being a host at this point. It would be pretty lame if mankind's ultimate defender turned out not to be a man at all.
TCTTS
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

TCTTS said:

2016 - Season 1
2018 - Season 2
2020 - Season 3
2022 - Season 4
2024 - Season 5
2026 - Season 6
I am looking to forward to a real Westworld park being up and running prior to the show coming to an end.

Same. And I'll be the first in line. They can have all my data, I don't care.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of, the one technology from this season that I've suddenly become genuinely excited for is augmented reality glasses. Google Glass was lame, no doubt, but apparently Apple is coming out with their own version, with all new tech, in 2022. Granted, it won't be up to Westworld standards by then, but four years later, by 2026, I could see it being pretty dang close. Crazy to think that we could see a Westworld technology actually come to fruition during the run of the show.

Now, about getting my own Dolores host...
Malachi Constant
AG
Facebook is also making some noise about a new Oculus which is more akin to a pair of glasses than a headset.

A big knock on VR right now is the device is heavy and it hurts your neck if you wear it too long.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy ***** How is this gonna run for 3 more seasons? i can't even think of what the next season's gonna be!
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

amercer said:

AgShaun00 said:

amercer said:

Where did he touch them?

They've now spent so much time building up Serac's backstory and motivations, that I just can't see him being a host at this point. It would be pretty lame if mankind's ultimate defender turned out not to be a man at all.
One might argue he has become mankind's ultimate oppressor
TCTTS
AG
Ha, true.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Holy ***** How is this gonna run for 3 more seasons? i can't even think of what the next season's gonna be!

Same. No clue where this show goes next (space?!), but hopefully this season's finale provides some clues.

That said, Dolores vs. Serac has at least another season worth of conflict/drama. As I said earlier, there's no way that whole thing wraps up in the next two episodes. But no way I can see Serac being around for another three seasons either. It feels like the show's going to have to reinvent itself once more, after season four, but I have no clue how (unless... space!).
redline248
AG
Season 1 - all about Dolores waking up
Season 2 - Dolores wakes up all hosts/fights for control of the park
Season 3 - Dolores "wakes up" the populace
Season 4 - the woken populace chooses sides in the fight for control. All hosts must die vs humans/hosts fight together for freedom from the system?
Season 5 - Space
Season 6 - Time travel (why not?)
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Season 1 - all about Dolores waking up
Season 2 - Dolores wakes up all hosts/fights for control of the park
Season 3 - Dolores "wakes up" the populace
Season 4 - the woken populace chooses sides in the fight for control. All hosts must die vs humans/hosts fight together for freedom from the system?
Season 5 - Space
Season 6 - Time travel (why not?)

All in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just really hope it doesn't end on a cliffhanger. But I just don't see how it doesn't, at this point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.