Westworld 3 - 2020

124,287 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we make anything of Liam/William?
amercer
AG
I did wonder if Caleb is in a new body. Would probably make him even more sympathetic to joining team Delores
amercer
AG
I'm really interested by the interaction between the hosts and the new AI. Are they based on the same basic code? Does Delores think the AI is friend, foe, or a weapon?

She almost seemed afraid when she learned that nerd guy didn't even know how to control it.
bobinator
AG
I think the previews kind of set up a machine vs machine plotline. I theorized on that a while back.

But yeah, the fact that she seemed genuinely surprised at the line that he doesn't control it was interesting.
beanbean
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I'm glad game of thrones budget went to something good. The show looked amazing

We had to buy a new TV on Wednesday because our other went out. It was a huge upgrade over the other one. That episode last night looked incredible on it.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Anyone know what Caleb meant when he kept saying "I don't do personals"? I took it to mean he just sticks to non-violent crimes like delivery, pick up, etc. but wasn't sure if I was missing something.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Anyone know what Caleb meant when he kept saying "I don't do personals"? I took it to mean he just sticks to non-violent crimes like delivery, pick up, etc. but wasn't sure if I was missing something.

That is what I took it as. He skipped over the "wet work" mission as well.
redline248
AG
The behind the episode clip has someone talking about personals being kidnapping, murders, etc.
amercer
AG
They mentioned in the after video that personals were murder, kidnapping, etc
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Speaking of, now that they're officially acknowledging it, I've read in a couple of reviews that in the first four episodes critics have seen so far, we still don't know which brain pearl is in the new Charlotte body. It seems that's a mystery they're going to milk, so prepare your expectations accordingly.

The preview has someone asking "is that you in there, Teddy?" Then a shot of Hale and Dolores (I think) in bed together. Granted, you don't see to whom the question is asked, and I really don't think it would be so obvious.

Quote:

That said, I love that one of the brain pearls (ID unknown) is used to mimic someone else in the real world: Conells (Tommy Flanagan). I guess I was expecting Dolores to match most of the brain pearls to their actual, remade bodies, but this is so much more fun. Though, I need the volume higher on my rewatch, because I could hardly understand a thing Conells said.

That was the moment I turned the captions on.
Who was the blonde host that started out as a greeter at the park? She's bound to be one of the pearls, right? Don't remember her fate.
Ervin Burrell
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Speaking of, now that they're officially acknowledging it, I've read in a couple of reviews that in the first four episodes critics have seen so far, we still don't know which brain pearl is in the new Charlotte body. It seems that's a mystery they're going to milk, so prepare your expectations accordingly.

The preview has someone asking "is that you in there, Teddy?" Then a shot of Hale and Dolores (I think) in bed together. Granted, you don't see to whom the question is asked, and I really don't think it would be so obvious.

Quote:

That said, I love that one of the brain pearls (ID unknown) is used to mimic someone else in the real world: Conells (Tommy Flanagan). I guess I was expecting Dolores to match most of the brain pearls to their actual, remade bodies, but this is so much more fun. Though, I need the volume higher on my rewatch, because I could hardly understand a thing Conells said.

That was the moment I turned the captions on.
Who was the blonde host that started out as a greeter at the park? She's bound to be one of the pearls, right? Don't remember her fate.
She blew herself up in the Cradle after the cringeworthy seduction of one of the QA guys.
redline248
AG
Ah, that's right.

So do we know if the pearls can be copied?
amercer
AG
Who was on team Delores in season 2? I would assume it's those pearls
amercer
AG
Oh. And a William pearl for sure
Big Tuna
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night's episode. Season 2 (and to a lesser extent Season 1) seemed hellbent on confusing the **** out of the viewer with mindbenders and red herrings, and especially with time - we never knew exactly when were watching, much less why. I am really glad they got away from that because I think it took away from the show. I am hopeful the changes continue in Season 3.
amercer
AG
You're going to be thrilled when it turns out this whole season is inside a simulation
Ervin Burrell
AG
Big Tuna said:

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night's episode. Season 2 (and to a lesser extent Season 1) seemed hellbent on confusing the **** out of the viewer with mindbenders and red herrings, and especially with time - we never knew exactly when were watching, much less why. I am really glad they got away from that because I think it took away from the show. I am hopeful the changes continue in Season 3.

I enjoyed last night too but let's not pretend it was the most straightforward/easy to follow thing ever. Or maybe you're just smarter than me.
bobinator
AG
I actually think that's slightly more likely after last night's episode. Especially because of that conversation at the party. They could point back to that saying they basically spelled it out for the audience in the first episode.
Big Tuna
Ervin Burrell said:

Big Tuna said:

I enjoyed last night too but let's not pretend it was the most straightforward/easy to follow thing ever. Or maybe you're just smarter than me.
I don't think WW will EVER be easy to follow, but it was miles ahead of Season 2. The writers/creators seemed hellbent on confusing the audience versus putting out a good, watchable product. Episode 1 was less about confusion and more about good story/acting.

If this is an elaborate simulation, I am good with that. The time jumping for no reason other than to create confusion is what will get me to stop watching.
amercer
AG
bobinator said:

I actually think that's slightly more likely after last night's episode. Especially because of that conversation at the party. They could point back to that saying they basically spelled it out for the audience in the first episode.

And the opening scene showed the tech required to fool people in the real world
Sazerac
AG
That was a freaking awesome first episode
Thunder18
AG
Great opening episode
fig96
AG
LOVE the production design on this season so far. And great first ep.
fig96
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Ervin Burrell said:

That is what I took it as. He skipped over the "wet work" mission as well.
Correct, they elaborated a bit on that in the little making of featurette after the ep.
WES2006AG
AG
What a beautiful episode of TV. The visuals were stunning.
Complete Idiot
I'm in Utah and staying on a street that was shut down last summer to film a westworld scene.

Move over TCTTS, there's another Ag in the industry
TCTTS
AG
Damn. With everyone home Sunday night, I would have thought just the opposite. I guess season two's shenanigans really did have an adverse effect. That said, I still think there's ample opportunity for a lot more people to catch up and tune in over the next seven weeks, considering the circumstances...

https://theplaylist.net/westworld-season-3-ratings-decline-20200317/
mazzag
AG
It did compete with the debate.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

Link?

Sorry, I couldn't reply, as I got a 24-hour ban yesterday for telling some dude on the politics board to "shut up," who kept repeating the same annoying coronavirus stat over and over again in thread after thread.

As for the potential spoiler/guess, it was a single paragraph in a more than 2000-comment (at the time) thread about the first episode...

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/fj1tab/westworld_3x01_parce_domine_postepisode_discussion/

No way I'd be able to find it again. I can summarize here in spoiler tags, though, but I don't think that'd go over very well. Then again, it *is* just a guess, so if enough people want me to, I will...
TCTTS
AG
True.
GreasenUSA
AG
Hopefully it picks up steam as the season goes on. But, I'm curious how much this really matters for a show like Westworld. If Season 3 ends with a significant decline, HBO will still let them finish their story in another season.
TCTTS
AG
You're probably right.
oragator
So what I wonder with shows ratings right now, is how much the initial or even 24 hour numbers matter relative to even a month ago.
I would bet lots of folks are trying to watch three or four shows, so there's more dvring going on, and they likely aren't watching them as quickly as they had. People are stocking up for the long haul.
Could be proven wrong though.
Ervin Burrell
AG
TCTTS said:

bobinator said:

Link?

Sorry, I couldn't reply, as I got a 24-hour ban yesterday for telling some dude on the politics board to "shut up," who kept repeating the same annoying coronavirus stat over and over again in thread after thread.

As for the potential spoiler/guess, it was a single paragraph in a more than 2000-comment (at the time) thread about the first episode...

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/fj1tab/westworld_3x01_parce_domine_postepisode_discussion/

No way I'd be able to find it again. I can summarize here in spoiler tags, though, but I don't think that'd go over very well. Then again, it *is* just a guess, so if enough people want me to, I will...
Is it this post?

Calling it now. Caleb is the system. He is the counter-measure the system strategize of. It sent him to the Delores hit job. It made sure he couldnt get any other job. The security guy tells Delores that the sytem will find her. Next scene caleb finds her. Itll be relieved that caleb is a human with no free will cus the system controls his actions through society. They both relize the sytem, a superior species, has been running the show the whole time. This will be the moment delores realizes that her species has been controlling the human race the whole time and that machines are just as bad as the worst humans. Thatll be her character arc and redemption.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, wow. That's the one. Good eye.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.