Westworld 3 - 2020

124,284 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, he definitely knew something was up, but that seems like an important scene for our main characters that we didn't get to see.

Without a little more exposition it's confusing. Did everyone know about the Westworld massacre? We're they told hosts didn't escape? Did most regular people even know what Westworld and hosts even were?
Teddy Perkins
AG
amercer said:

bobinator said:

Yeah, he definitely knew something was up, but that seems like an important scene for our main characters that we didn't get to see.

Without a little more exposition it's confusing. Did everyone know about the Westworld massacre? We're they told hosts didn't escape? Did most regular people even know what Westworld and hosts even were?
The dude the Dolores murdered and stole his money in episode 1 was looking at a tablet with the headline of the massacre. I think everyone knows about the massacre.
amercer
AG
He owned a bunch of the company. The Delos board also talked about it, but is it a big story for joe six pack construction worker?

I mean probably? But we weren't ever shown that. And it seems pretty likely in this AI controlled future, that Rehoboam controls who gets what news...
bobinator
AG
Nobody knew that any hosts escaped, so we at least know that one. People know of the massacre, but not that any of the hosts got out.

But yeah, I wish we'd have seen that scene where Caleb finds out Dolores' backstory.
TV Casualty
AG
bobinator said:

But yeah, I wish we'd have seen that scene where Caleb finds out Dolores' backstory.

It's really strange how this show has kept us so detached from the characters. We really haven't seen much back and forth between Caleb and Delores. Caleb never really seems to question anything.

It was really odd having him just casually ask "so uh, you're like a robot or something; right?".
Sex Panther
AG
This show's pacing this season is rivaling the last two seasons of GoT. Weiss and Benioff strike again
TCTTS
AG
I'm afraid you're right. The standard ten episodes would have easily done the trick. It really did feel like there was an episode missing between six and seven. Dolores and Caleb finally confronting the fact that she's a host... Charlores healing and switching sides... those things might not have warranted an entire episode, but they would have at least been shown in a ten episode season.

That said, I just checked the guide, and the finale is 1h 17m, so at least we get a little more time to work with...
TV Casualty
AG
The first season really sucked me in. I actually cared about the characters and what was happening on screen.

Now it's to the point were I find the overall theme and ideas intriguing, but I just don't feel much of anything as we move through it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Finally caught up. The season has been alright but not great.

I think sidelining Maeve and Bernard is a mistake. Maeve's character has gone very stagnant this season.

I was pretty excited for this season but feels like game of thrones part 2 so far in that it feels like they kind of lost their direction and are just writing to make certain dots connect.

Maybe the finale will change that
Teddy Perkins
AG
Time to call your shot:
  • Have at least some scenes been in a simulation?
  • Is Serac real?
  • Are William and Caleb connected in some way?

Yes. No. Yes.
amercer
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Time to call your shot:
  • Is Serac real?

Yes. No. Yes.

Same.

Although I hadn't even considered a William/Caleb connection until the last few pages of this thread.
TCTTS
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Time to call your shot:
  • Is Serac real?

Yes. No. Yes.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
AgShaun00
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Time to call your shot:
  • Is Serac real?

Yes. No. Yes.
Agree

Like above poster never concerned until recent
amg405
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Time to call your shot:
  • Is Serac real?

Yes. No. Yes.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
bobinator
AG
Yes
Yes, he actually exists but I think he might be a host
Yes
Mathguy64
AG
Yes
Yes but he is being controlled by the AI
Yes
bobinator
AG
Can someone give me the breadcrumbs on why we think there could be a William/Caleb connection?
TCTTS
AG
The first minor clue is that the filmmakers and actors made a thing of pointing out that Dolores falls into Caleb's arms at the end of the first episode this season in the exact same way she falls into William's arms when they first meet in season one. But the major clue is that Caleb's patient ID number is almost the exact same as William's, save for an "I" in Caleb's and a "1" in William's, after the second "2" in each. There's no way that's a coincidence, considering how long the ID numbers are...

TCTTS
AG
There have been some other hints this season, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
cbr
AG
Hopefully this ends with ai destroyed, humans back in cotrol of their destiny, with some really fine ****dolls....
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I highly recommend watching this recap, btw. It's one of the best this season. He not only clearly and concisely explains everything that went down last episode, but does a nice job of noting all the loose ends, laying out many of the possible outcomes, and touching on a few of the theories heading into the finale. I feel as ready as I can be.
Breggy Popup
AG
This was the first time I have seen ASX miss things that were picked out by this thread and/or Reddit in wuite a while.

- He, like me, didn't notice Hale still having burns during her phone call.
- He didn't notice the subtle difference between William and Caleb's IDs.
redline248
AG
Corona affects us all differently
TCTTS
AG
Bregxit said:

This was the first time I have seen ASX miss things that were picked out by this thread and/or Reddit in wuite a while.

- He, like me, didn't notice Hale still having burns during her phone call.
- He didn't notice the subtle difference between William and Caleb's IDs.

ASX *does* note that Charlores is "partly healed," but yeah, I'm surprised he missed the I/1 difference between William's and Caleb's IDs.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Rico hacked the official Westworld twitter.

Malachi Constant
AG
I can't believe we're already at season 3's finale.

We spent two seasons in the park and it feels like we haven't spent enough time in this world for the whole season to be over.
TCTTS
AG
I'd be willing to be that from here on out the show will primarily take place in the real world. I think we return to Westworld sporadically, but I can't imagine the show not taking place mostly in the real world for however many season the show has left.
IronRed13
AG
Person of Interest meets Fight Club
bobinator
AG
So wow, that was a lot, I think I loved it.
merc
AG
I'm not sure yet. On one hand I enjoyed it on the other hand I'm a bit frustrated and disappointed. It will have to sink in for awhile I guess. No theories, no big twists and we end up with Dolores being the villain for season 4 anyway. I guess I'm stuck in the Westworld of the past. This is the new scifi action series. Did the super A.I. tell Serac to go all Bond villain and have his henchmen drag out killing Caleb instead of just shooting him point blank? Ok, I need to stop.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Overall I thought it was pretty decent.

Marshawn catching the tear gas and throwing it back was great.

Idk how to feel about the post credits with William. That seemed dumb.

The part with Bernard/Arnold's wife seemed oddly placed
Mathguy64
AG
They are doing a great job of paying homage to Michael Chrichton. A sphere. Westworld. Computers out of control. Technology controlling humans. And now we have the bad robots of the original Westworld including the Man in Black.
Teddy Perkins
AG
It's good TV but first impression of this episode is that it's not up to Westworld standards of seasons past. Nothing happened tonight that was an "oh damn, didn't see that coming." Caleb in charge of the planet is a little weird. And I agree the Bernard scene with his wife was strangely placed.

So here's how I've got the answers to the questions I wanted to know.
  • Have at least some scenes been in a simulation? Nope.
  • Is Serac real? Yes, but with Rehoboam in charge.
  • Are William and Caleb connected in some way? Doesn't look like it.
Malachi Constant
AG
This show is great but it seems Jonathan Nolan's priority list is:

1. Theme
2. Theme
3. Theme (I'll hit you over the head with it! Choice versus free will! Get it? Is the beauty of the world good enough to overcome the bad? GET IT?)
4. Theme
5. Setting
6. Plot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.