Westworld 3 - 2020

124,352 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TCTTS
Joe Exotic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shife said:

Still hoping Maeve catches robot AIDS and is not rebootbable. Weakest, most uninteresting character by far.

She's the sole reason we never watched season 2
Breggy Popup
AG
Bo Darville said:

Shife said:

Still hoping Maeve catches robot AIDS and is not rebootbable. Weakest, most uninteresting character by far.

So why are you here?
TCTTS
AG
Cannot imagine being that annoyed by Maeve. At worst she's... okay.
amercer
AG
I had to google this just to make sure I wasn't confused, because Maeve is the most interesting character in the whole show
Counterpoint
AG
Bo Darville said:

Shife said:

Maeve, the character with the most layered and interesting backstory? That Maeve?
TCTTS
AG
March 15th.

TCTTS
AG
Super interesting voice over, btw. Absolutely cannot wait for this.
TCTTS
AG
That sounds like Vincent Cassel's character, btw - a new character, whom I'm guessing helped create the "system" he's referring to, that went live 2039 according to the graphic; something that allowed man to "author" history / possibly bring about some kind of world peace? And I'm assuming he's talking to Dolores, who disrupts that system in 2058, which I'm guessing is when she left the park and entered the real world. If so, it sounds like we finally have a concrete year the show takes place... 2058.
bbattbq01
AG
Man I haven't been following at all, no idea this was going to be back already!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Recently binged watched Season 2 on a few long-haul flights across Asia.

From the trailer, it looks like Season 3 has lesbianism, Jesse, Nazis and technology. I'm definitely looking forward to this.
phatbc
TCTTS said:

Cannot imagine being that annoyed by Maeve. At worst she's... okay.
this. Bizarre.
gomerschlep
AG
So stoked for this.
Complete Idiot
Not much content, basically just a thread bump

https://winteriscoming.net/2020/02/03/evan-rachel-wood-westworld-season-3-unlike-anything-weve-done/
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

From the trailer, it looks like Season 3 has lesbianism, Jesse, Nazis and technology
I could possibly enjoy a high budget Iron Sky. Just hope they're done with the timeline gimmicks.
TCTTS
AG
It sounds like they are. Apparently the narrative is pretty straightforward this go around.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The final trailer should be right around the corner.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That is a sick poster.
amercer
AG
Excited
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fenrir
Is there a tweet or something that is supposed to be there? Not seeing anything.
Complete Idiot
It's a nude photo of Tallulah Riley, it may be that you are viewing it on a device with filtering of adult content, or your business IT is filtering such content?
Fenrir
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's exactly what it was, before it was deleted. Twitter police got it.
bobinator
AG
Guess it's time for a season 2 rewatch, for all the good it will do...
TCTTS
AG
So that has to be the Dubai skyline in the background of the poster, as it nearly matches perfectly. Have they ever said, explicitly, that the city where Arnold or Delos lived - the one we always saw in flashbacks - is Los Angeles? All of those exteriors were LA, but I can't remember if they ever specified or not. Because if not, the "real world" flashbacks might have been Dubai the entire time (purchased, at some point, by China potentially)...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where did you get LA? I always thought it was in Asia.
tk for tu juan
The Burj Dubai looks like one of the divergence points for the date announce trailer, maybe why that skyline is used
TCTTS
AG
Like I said, all of the city exteriors are shot in LA, and some of the shots/buildings are very noticeably/blatantly downtown LA. Either way, I just couldn't remember if they ever specifically named the city or even the country. I remember seeing all the Chinese signage in a few shots, so it's either China or, as some have speculated, China nows owns part of America - or - now, it appears, might own Dubai as well.
TCTTS
AG
Good point.
dcAg
Still trying to get through Season 2. I have to re-learn a number of the characters because its been a while.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I never knew those were LA locations, but I guess the lack of mention of any city and the fact Westworld was heavily theorized to be near China, made me think Asia for whatever reason.

I should probably rewatch.
Fenrir
Plus this happens well in the future. They can rationalize any location they want so long as it has not been previously stated.
TCTTS
AG
True, but with this poster release, I don't see how they can use Dubai - and the Burj Khalifa, specifically - so blatantly only to say it's some random future Asain city in the far off future. I mean, they didn't even bother to photoshop the order/heights of the buildings. That, and sand is featured prominently in the poster, which surrounds a chunk of Dubai in real life as well.
amercer
AG
We know what year it's set in right? It's not too far in the future if I remember correctly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.