Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

174,126 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding Peter Quill being on Earth for the first time since he was a kid ... do we really know that to be the case?

I am not saying he has definitely returned post-abduction, but consider these things: the embedded tape deck on his ship is clearly an Earth-made device. Then there is the tee shirt the orange (?) gal was wearing, the one in the hold of his ship at the beginning of the first movie. I don't recall exactly what was on the shirt, but it appeared to be something that would be on Earth, a marina or something? Surely Quill didn't have these things in his back pack?
Whos Juan
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Regarding Peter Quill being on Earth for the first time since he was a kid ... do we really know that to be the case?

I am not saying he has definitely returned post-abduction, but consider these things: the embedded tape deck on his ship is clearly an Earth-made device. Then there is the tee shirt the orange (?) gal was wearing, the one in the hold of his ship at the beginning of the first movie. I don't recall exactly what was on the shirt, but it appeared to be something that would be on Earth, a marina or something? Surely Quill didn't have these things in his back pack?

It was the same shirt Quill was wearing when he got abducted as a child.
bearamedic99
AG
Impressive detective work
caleblyn
Quote:

Anthony Russo: One thing that we talked about a lotand I thought was really profound, but it was almost too large of an idea for us to wrangle, but we did try for a whileis just the idea that one-quarter of all children have no parents. Assuming you started with two parents. So that's a lot of global orphans. Just the staggering number of that. I believe at one point really early in development, Black Widow was actually leading the organization in D.C. that was in charge of orphans, basically. That was what she was heading up five years later. But yes, it's fascinating when you start running it down.

Link

Caring for orphans is a passion that I have had for many years, not only in the US but in the country of India. I did not get choked up when BW died. Had this story been inserted into her character, I would have lost it!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Yeah, I went back and looked at the opening of the movie last night, and you're right.

The Shank Ag
I wonder how much we hear about the infinity stones in the future of the MCU. Assuming they all were returned, wonder if they will ever be used again (Other than by Strange, since he is the TS keeper)
AliasMan02
AG
The Shank Ag said:

I wonder how much we hear about the infinity stones in the future of the MCU. Assuming they all were returned, wonder if they will ever be used again (Other than by Strange, since he is the TS keeper)

Wait... they're gone, right? Thanos still destroyed them. Nothing undid that.
Bruce Almighty
AG
AliasMan02 said:

The Shank Ag said:

Wait... they're gone, right? Thanos still destroyed them. Nothing undid that.

In the main timeline, yes
YouBet
AG
Stark had them in his glove though when he killed Thanos so are they not still around?

Were they destroyed when he did his own snap?
AliasMan02
AG
So that's the plot of Strange 2... Our reality being opened to threats because the Time Stone is no longer in the hands of the Sorcerer Supreme.

Might be a good intro for Blade as well.
AliasMan02
AG
YouBet said:

Stark had them in his glove though when he killed Thanos so are they not still around?

No, Cap returned them to the moments they left history to avoid causing paradoxes.
ja86
AG
AliasMan02 said:

So that's the plot of Strange 2... Our reality being opened to threats because the Time Stone is no longer in the hands of the Sorcerer Supreme.

I assumed Cap returned the time stone to the Sorcerer Supreme.
AliasMan02
AG
ja86 said:

AliasMan02 said:

That's the stone that Thanos snaps out of existence. Post-2019 there are no Infinity Stones other than those temporarily brought to 2024, which Cap then returned.
Clob94
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

No, Cap returned them to the moments they left history to avoid causing paradoxes.
And then turned right around and married his army girlfriend thus creating a paradox. Very un-Cap like.
jackie childs
Clob94 said:

AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

And then turned right around and married his army girlfriend thus creating a paradox. Very un-Cap like.
doesn't care, had sex
DVC2010
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ja86 said:

AliasMan02 said:

That's the stone that Thanos snaps out of existence. Post-2019 there are no Infinity Stones other than those temporarily brought to 2024, which Cap then returned.

Guys, this is the simple part. I'm just waiting for someone to ask, "Who's on first" at this point.
ja86
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ja86 said:

AliasMan02 said:

gotcha
bearamedic99
AG
jackie childs said:

Clob94 said:

AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

doesn't care, had sex

Doesn't care, had kids!
Bockaneer
AG
I keep seeing the Dark Phoenix trailers and wish Jane was Capt Marvel... she seems way more interesting than blonde.
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
TCTTS
AG
I've read this sentence at least ten times and I cannot figure out what you're trying to say...

- You keep seeing Dark Phoenix trailers. Got that.

- But you wish Jane was Captain Marvel? As in Natalie Portman?

- Who is "blonde" and why is Jane seemingly more interesting than her?

- And what does Dark Phoenix have to do with any of this?
TCTTS
AG
Oh... JEAN?!

And you think Sophie Turner is more interesting AS a blonde, I'm assuming.

I got it now.
Dro07
AG
Maybe he means Jean?
Phat32
AG
Think he means Jean....and the actress that plays her being Captain marvel instead of Larson...
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I figured it out. Check my post below that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sophie Turner > Brie Larson by pretty much any and all standards.
Farmer1906
AG
Phoenix vs Captain Marvel, one on one battle to the death. Who ya got?
FaceMask
Scissor me timbers
Bruce Almighty
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Phoenix vs Captain Marvel, one on one battle to the death. Who ya got?
Phoenix, and its not even close. Phoenix is one of the top 5 most powerful characters in all of marvel comics.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

YouBet said:

Oh, yeah. The final 5 minutes of the movie that I guess I forgot about already. Duh.
Bockaneer
AG
harsh but yes, Jean Grey not Jane and blonde was supposed to be blondie bc I didn't think it was right to call out Brie and I can't recall Capt Marvel's name nor do I care to look it up bc her character is so dull
so, who else thinks Dark Phoenix is the Capt Marvel we deserve? she seems like a self assured badass

swimmerbabe11
Wouldn't scarlet witch vs jean grey be a more accurate apples to apples comparison?
GreasenUSA
AG
Normally yes, but the MCU upped the power of Captain Marvel quite a bit.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, apologies. I was just having fun with it. And yes, I'd take Sophie over Brie for the role, for sure. My only hesitation is that I've never heard Turner do an American accent and I wonder if she could pull that aspect of it off?
double aught
AG
Didn't she play an American in X-men Apocalypse?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I guess she does. Shows how much of an impact Apocalypse had on me. Or the Dark Phoenix trailers, for that matter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.