Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

174,122 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

This is AMAZING. But also kind of sad. And now I'm a little worried someone is going to pull this on the board at some point...

This is dumb:
A) no way this is true, that's too much to do during the watching of a movie and dude would have been kicked out
B) if it is true dude didn't get to enjoy the movie taking pics all the time
C) can you imagine if a dude in front of you kept using his phone in a cinema (and you know the first pic used flash)?
texasaggie04
AG
Here's a fun thought to pass the time. Assume that you were able to choose your own fate, but not that of others. Would you rather...

1. Not have been dusted. You've aged five years and lived in the post-snap world.
2. Have been dusted. You haven't aged and you've missed the five years of the post-snap world.
AMW2010
AG
Endgame is in the top 5 now, just passed up Jurassic world ... coming for titanic and avatar
Sex Panther
AG
texasaggie04 said:

Here's a fun thought to pass the time. Assume that you were able to choose your own fate, but not that of others. Would you rather...

1. Not have been dusted. You've aged five years and lived in the post-snap world.
2. Have been dusted. You haven't aged and you've missed the five years of the post-snap world.

Def dusted and return
kyledr04
AG
AMW2010 said:

Endgame is in the top 5 now, just passed up Jurassic world ... coming for titanic and avatar

It's got momentum. Lots of people going this weekend. I looked at tickets to go again tonight and taking my mom. None of the BCS theaters had 2 seats together outside the front row between 4 and 8:30 for probably 20 showings. I'll go one day next week
tamusc
AG
kyledr04 said:

AMW2010 said:

It's got momentum. Lots of people going this weekend. I looked at tickets to go again tonight and taking my mom. None of the BCS theaters had 2 seats together outside the front row between 4 and 8:30 for probably 20 showings. I'll go one day next week
I just bought a ticket for a Sunday afternoon showing at the Gateway IMAX in Austin and the theater was 80% sold out.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well, I was thinking I was done with this movie. But I've been listening to the score all week ... and wouldn't you know it, I'm itching to see it again. One day next week if I can fit it in.
AMW2010
AG
I can't imagine how it doesn't have a chance to be the top movie of all time... it's been out for one full week, and going on it's second weekend. I still can't believe how avatar and titanic are 1 and 2
YellowPot_97
AG
AMW2010 said:

I can't imagine how it doesn't have a chance to be the top movie of all time... it's been out for one full week, and going on it's second weekend. I still can't believe how avatar and titanic are 1 and 2

Girls/women making repeat viewings for months after the release
amercer
AG
Took me twice as long to read this thread as to see the movie.

It was the coolest thing ever (the movie, this thread is fine too )

My thoughts on some of the issues:

Only the infinity stones can create new timelines. Putting them back collapsed all the alternate ones. They have infinite power, so space magic.

The stones are definitely not destroyed. (See above, space magic)

Hulk didn't do exactly what Tony asked when he snapped (he even admitted that he tried to bring widow back), and this will be used to explain all the problems with suddenly popping 50% of the population back into existence. He had infinite power at that point so he could have fixed lots of stuff.
TexasAggie_02
AG
amercer said:

Took me twice as long to read this thread as to see the movie.

It was the coolest thing ever (the movie, this thread is fine too )

My thoughts on some of the issues:

Only the infinity stones can create new timelines. Putting them back collapsed all the alternate ones. They have infinite power, so space magic.

That is not true. They definitely created multiple new timelines. Cap even lives out his life in one. Putting the stones back didn't collapse those timelines, it preserved the balance of nature in those universes.

There is now a universe where loki has the tesseract, another one where the tesseract (container) is gone, but the space stone is still there, etc, etc.

TCTTS
AG
You know what's really messed up, perhaps more so than the idea of being dusted or not? The existential dread due to the realization that your timeline is the "alternate" timeline. Think about that. In the "prime" timeline, Stark and Cap never showed up in 1970. In the "prime" timeline, no one ever knocked Star Lord unconscious in 2014, etc, etc. Those things only happened because there was a "prime" timeline that individuals traveled from, in order to use the alternate timelines as nothing more than a solve for their apparently more important timeline. Even more crushing is that Stark likely doesn't go on to "solve" time travel in at least one of the alternate timelines because, in the 2014 timeline, Thanos simply disappears (and ultimately dies in the "prime" timeline), which is further indication there's only one, true, "main" timeline that's seemingly "ahead" of all the others. Everyone else in every other timeline are just pawns and puppets.

That's f*cked up.

And no, I'm not high.
AMW2010
AG
So do you think this changes Starlord and he is immortal again.... and will we EVER see adult groot again?!? Like seriously how long does it take a tree to grow?!?
TCTTS
AG
Why would Starlord be immortal again?

And I'm assuming they're saving / bringing back adult Groot for GotG3.
amercer
AG
1) space magic

2) hulk and bald lady demonstrated creation and collapse of timelines during their chat (spoiler, Infinity stones do it)

3) space magic
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

Why would Starlord be immortal again?

And I'm assuming they're saving / bringing back adult Groot for GotG3.

Technically he was never immortal. Ego died, thus proving that he could in fact die. Starlord is still half celestial though, and that's plenty of super powers if the plot needs them.
swimmerbabe11
Immortal =/= invincible

Immortal usually means that you won't die of natural causes. Vampires are the most common example.
amercer
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Immortal =/= invincible

Immortal usually means that you won't die of natural causes. Vampires are the most common example.

I guess everyone is free to make up their own definitions as they see fit, but that's not what the word really means.

In any case my point is that Starlord didn't just turn into a regular human when they killed his dad. So if he needs some super power in the next movie, I'm sure he'll have some.
rhutton125
AG
Doesn't Ego say "if you do this, you'll be just like everybody else"? I'm sure they could do something with that if they wanted, but for all intents and purposes, he's "just" human at this point.
double aught
AG
He's an idiot.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Star lord was half celestial.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Which means in the new Thanos and Gamora-less timeline, the GOTG may never form into a family. Ego eventually finds quill, and succeeds in taking over the galaxy.
Gigem314
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Girl power scene felt forced as hell, but if that makes some little girl's eyes light up when seeing it, I'm all for it.
I think they missed a small opportunity there. Would love to have gotten a "She's not alone" from Wanda or Okoye...as a nod to Natasha helping Wanda in IW during the Wakanda battle. I think that sequence would have come off better. That said, there are some awesome female characters and I'm glad they showcased that. Pepper getting a suit was appropriate. Was a tiny part of a film that covered so much. Not a major issue.

Tony sacrificing to save everyone was appropriate, and the perfect arc since he was the one that started it all. Tough scene. Giving him a kid just made it even harder. I teared up. Tony's brilliance, struggles, setbacks, emotion, heroism, and growth through the MCU was the most apparent. The flaws are what made him such a great hero. It was more real.

I fully expected Cap to die, and was prepared for it. I thought Tony's death was possible, but wasn't prepared. Good job Marvel for keeping me guessing. Fantastic experience.

Cap wielding the hammer was...amazing. He also got a hero's sendoff. Teared up during the dancing scene and seeing old Cap.

Thor...loved it. They have completely remade his character starting with Ragnarok and I want more! I hope he's in Guardians 3, the banter with Star Lord has so much potential! I want more Valkyrie and Korg too. The Xbox scene was hilarious!

I think they shaped things to focus more on Iron Man and Cap to give them a huge sendoff. Very appropriate. And a nod to the fans. Those two characters were the heart and soul of the MCU.

Will definitely see it again in the theater.
Dr. Horrible
Finally got caught up with this thread after taking a few days off...

Does it bother anyone else that Hawkeye was still paying for his dusted wife's cell phone bill for 5 years?
LeonardSkinner
Dr. Horrible said:

Does it bother anyone else that Hawkeye was still paying for his dusted wife's cell phone bill for 5 years?

Might have been their landline?
Gigem314
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Probably all covered by Shield anyway.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm sure all the Avengers have endorsement deals, so maybe he's the face of some phone company. It's Hawkeye, so it would probably be Cricket.
jeffk
AG
PatAg
AG
Controversial take incoming:

I feel like him taking over the shield should be a bigger deal in the zeitgeist than Black Panther was. One is a combat veteran that has always done the right thing, despite the fact that he has no super powers.
The other is spoiled royalty with super powers that isn't American.
AgLiving06
So I saw the movie yesterday and just not read through most of this thread.

My question is does this set up the introduction of the Fantastic 4 and the Richards family into this universe?

If cast right, that could be the drop in replacement for Tony Stark in terms of intelligence and ability to create. Would give them the ability to further explore the galaxy as well.

Thoughts?
rhutton125
AG
A few scattered thoughts on this:

- BP was first, so it had a much bigger impact almost by default
- FalconCap hasn't happened yet, and we don't really know when we'll see it. I guess some know about Disney+, but what year? Will it happen soon on the big screen? Etc.
- BP seems to be more about representation than whether they're Americans or not. Most of the actors weren't African anyway. So I don't think the nationality part of it is that much of a factor.

A black Captain America could, and should, and probably will be a really cool thing for a lot of people. But it hasn't happened yet. A 45-second scene from a 3-hour movie isn't a huge deal, but a FalconCap movie might be. But until it's announced, it's just a tease.
AgfromHOU
AG
There was a black couple in front of me wearing Captain America shirts on opening night. They went nuts when he put the shield on. It was really cool to see.

First a great ending for their favorite character. Then to see him pass the shield to someone that looks like them? So awesome.
Liquid Wrench
I'd be surprised if Marvel rushes into redoing or introducing FF or X-Men.

I could almost see the Silver Surfer or Doctor Doom coming in before the FF.

They have such a big universe to work with that redoing those two teams doesn't need to be on the front burner. I mean, think about how little-known the Guardians or Carol Danvers/Marvel were before their films.
Chalupa Batman
AG
Saw it for the second time yesterday. Didn't cry the first time, but I did yesterday. Random thoughts:

the time travel aspect with regards to going to previous parts we had seen. Fat Thor. Listing time travel movies. Regular sized man. Cap wielding the hammer. "On your left." "Avengers, assemble." Characters' reactions to Quill "So he's an idiot" and Gamora's "This is who I fall in love with?" were two of my favorite funny moments.

My main dislike/wish was a bit more Rocket. The bits he had were funny, like "As far as promises go that's pretty weak," and "You're only the smartest person on Earth" to Tony were some of my biggest laughs. Maybe one good scene with Groot.

Other than that it was amazing
jeffk
AG
Rocket's "BOOM!" when they completed the gauntlet slayed me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.