Avengers Endgame *** SPOILERS THREAD *** YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

171,295 Views | 1502 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starburns and he's somehow an Avenger
wangus12
AG
So where do we go from here. Its hard to believe we won't get the OG's (except maybe Thor) back on screen. Wish they could all keep making movies.

Falcon: The new Captain America. Possibly gets his own film along with Bucky. Lead new Avengers team
War Machine: If he is involved, it'll only be in another team up film.
Bucky: Hanging out with Captain America/Black Panther
Black Panther: Already has another film in the works.
Scarlet Witch: Getting the tv series. Doubt we see her again
Spider-man: Another couple films I imagine. Involved with new Avengers team.
GotG: Already getting a 3rd film which could possibly involve searching for Gamora and Thor seems to be teaming up with them.
Dr. Strange: Getting another movie, but I don't see him doing anymore team films.
Captain Marvel: She'll get more films, but it too OP to factor into team ups.
Thor: The only one of the Avengers that seems to be set for another possible film. Traveling with the GotG, but I'd like another film with Valkyrie & Korg. Perhaps something to do with New Asgard.

It seems hard to really move forward with the Avengers without the original team because like someone else said, Tony Stark & Captain America were the heart and soul of the franchise.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Cap.......on your left."

I just got that reference right now. With so much happening on screen, little things like this can sometimes just slip by on first viewing.
Juan Solo
AG
This is cheap, but what if when captain goes to return the soul stone; he meets red skull and is able to exchange 'a soul for a soul' and brings back Natasha?
wangus12
AG
texaggierm said:

So how did Cap age?
I see it this way. Cap returns all the stones to their original timelines. Then, instead of coming home, he jumps to 1940's and basically creates another branch of the main timeline. In this branch, Cap & Peggy live out their lives which explains him aging. He then returns to the main timeline after 70+ years & after the defeat of Thanos to return the shield to Falcon.
DVC2010
AG
C@LAg said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I would be completely fine and satisfied if Endgame was the very last MCU movie. Tony's snap could eliminate all evil in the universe.
Yeah. Part of me wishes they would take 5 years off and let it breath a bit.
I, personally , am not interested in Black Widow or Eternals, and only have a little interest in Black Panther 2 and Dr Strange, so my next 2-3 years are kind of meh.

I do have a LOT of interest in GotG3 and Thor 4, however.

Yes, but this is more or less what I would have said about the Avengers 12 years ago.
RadAg14
AG
Thanos was such a great villain
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How old would cap be in 2023? Shouldn't he be like 120?
COAg15
AG
Thought Thanos got a little too big of a power up when (without the gauntlet) he was battling Thor (with mjolnir and stormbreaker), Cap, and Iron Man and was holding his own.

heddleston
AG
Super serum?

Also, how many vials of Pym particles did he take? Could he have stayed in that continuity until Peggy died and then jumped back
hurleyag
AG
Overall I enjoyed the movie and the sendoffs. However, I think it completely ruined Thanos for me.

In IW he was built as sort of a philosopher trying to save the citizens of the universe from ultimate demise by sacrificing half, but in Endgame they have him as a crazed wannabe god that wants to create his ideal civilization, not save it.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

105. His official birthday is July 4th, 1918.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

But he also aged from 2011 to 2023.
Gangnam Style
AG
hurleyag said:

Overall I enjoyed the movie and the sendoffs. However, I think it completely ruined Thanos for me.

In IW he was built as sort of a philosopher trying to save the citizens of the universe from ultimate demise by sacrificing half, but in Endgame they have him as a crazed wannabe god that wants to create his ideal civilization, not save it.
Remember, this is 2014 Thanos, not the IW Thanos. This version of Thanos is more self-centered and brutal.
hurleyag
AG
I get that the timeline alters some stuff, I just think for me it turned him from a villain that I could "understand" why he wanted to see out his vision to just another destroy everything villain.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

So 117?
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
third coast.. said:

Gangnam Style said:

hurleyag said:

Remember, this is 2014 Thanos, not the IW Thanos. This version of Thanos is more self-centered and brutal.

I don't think so. That was his plan from the get go. Since his planet was ruined he has always had this plan to wipe out half of living creatures. His motive has always been the same.
He did say that after seeing the resolve of the Avengers to try and fix the snap, he needed to be more extreme and wipe everything out to start anew
Bruce Almighty
AG
Because he saw, on Earth at least, that nothing really changed for the better.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Right.

The Super Serum causes him to age somewhat slower, so for him to be 115-120 would look only about early 80's.
FTACO97
AG
COAg15 said:

Thought Thanos got a little too big of a power up when (without the gauntlet) he was battling Thor (with mjolnir and stormbreaker), Cap, and Iron Man and was holding his own.

This is my only complaint while watching the film last night. I was certain Thor was going to end him quickly. I'm still not sure I agree that he's that powerful without the gauntlet.
D12Lloyd
AG
I enjoyed the movie overall but did not care for fat Thor. It was funny at first but I guess I was hoping he would get his act together instead of being comic relief the whole movie. I didn't quite get his reasoning for leaving new Asguard at the end but look forward to him with the GOTG. Was also hoping for a Hulk-Thanos rematch, I don't think we really saw Hulk fight at all. Wrapped up Tony and Steve's stories nicely. Thought the time travel discussions and listing time travel movies was pretty funny.
Noblemen06
AG
Thanos did essentially take a fight with the Hulk as a sparring match in the beginning of IW...and he survived two uses of the gauntlet. He's portrayed as pretty damn powerful with or without the stones in both movies.
Saxsoon
AG
Collider movie talk has been making an excellent case for a second viewing. The movie is so tight but the first hour can feel slow due to you wanting to get to the action. Second viewing let's you take it all in knowing where it will go. Also better viewing of fat Thor.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
hurleyag
AG
The other thing that kind of irked me about the movie was the gauntlet. In IW only the giant dwarfs with the power of a star can create something that can weild the stones, but now Tony can build a glove and then his nanosuit that can wield them.
Dr. Teeth
AG
Saxsoon said:

Collider movie talk has been making an excellent case for a second viewing. The movie is so tight but the first hour can feel slow due to you wanting to get to the action. Second viewing let's you take it all in knowing where it will go. Also better viewing of fat Thor.

I very seriously considered calling in to work today to go see it again.
wangus12
AG
hurleyag said:

The other thing that kind of irked me about the movie was the gauntlet. In IW only the giant dwarfs with the power of a star can create something that can weild the stones, but now Tony can build a glove and then his nanosuit that can wield them.
It happens in the comics so I won't complain
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Steve's "Hail hydra" got the loudest reaction of the whole movie, I think.
_lefraud_
AG
I rolled my eyes at the "girl power" scene because of the situation. Captain Marvel had just single handedly destroyed an alien spaceship, yet she needed "assistance" to get the gauntlet 100 yards to the van?
hurleyag
AG
Everyone thought we were getting a replay of the Winter Soldier elevator fight and then that happens. Greatness!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Right.

The Super Serum causes him to age somewhat slower, so for him to be 115-120 would look only about early 80's.
A friend of mine seems to think he returned to 1970, instead of back to the 40's. This might make more sense.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Right.

A friend of mine seems to think he returned to 1970, instead of back to the 40's. This might make more sense.
The showed a car from the 40s driving buy the house, so I'm not sure I buy that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, good point.

Was anyone else bummed he didn't get a goodbye scene with Bucky? His best friend, after all.

Unless Bucky always knew Old Cap?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.