*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,876 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like Dinklage but his accents are bad. Haven't heard him speak in his normal voice in a while.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/avengers-infinity-war-directors-confirm-which-characters-died-off-screen_us_5af5f6fee4b032b10bfaa3a0?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313
Hulla Baller
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/avengers-infinity-war-directors-confirm-which-characters-died-off-screen_us_5af5f6fee4b032b10bfaa3a0?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

KORG
Gigem314
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

so there's a theory going around online that Loki is alive and impersonating Banner, hence why he can't Hulk out.

Seems to be a little far-fetched, but one thing that I thought of that would back that up is that Banner knows a lot about Thanos when he arrives in New York.

Typically, he has no recollection of what happens while Hulked out "did i hurt anyone" "Did we save sokovia" "I've been Hulk for 2 years!?" But this time, he's all like "Thanos is coming, He's after the stones, He is responsible for Loki attacking New York"
Creative theory. But Banner was also giving a lot of detail about Vision in Wakanda. I don't see how Loki could have known all that if he was impersonating Banner. And then how does that explain Loki's dead body?

I think it's far more likely that what Hulk experienced against Thanos was so powerful and impactful, that he was able to transfer those memories to Banner so he could warn the others on Earth.
512Ag
AG
Quote:

KORG

Oh yeah no, Thanos Snapped his fingers. But not a regular snap; it's more like a freaky snap.
Murder Hornet
AG
Hulla Baller said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

KORG
Hey man, we're headin' to Wakanda to fight a big purple thumb dude. Wanna come? /Korg
Brick Tamland
Hulk came out a little inside the Hulkbuster and said no to Banner, plus Banner's personal dialog with and about Hulk
Bruce Almighty
AG
Loki being Banner makes no sense.
Sex Panther
AG
I'd put that Loki-Banner rumor at less than 3%
Bruce Almighty
AG
I do like the theory that Thanos will kill Black Widow and Banner will flip out, turning into world breaker hulk.
Gigem314
AG
bthomas98 said:

Hulla Baller said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

KORG
Hey man, we're headin' to Wakanda to fight a big purple thumb dude. Wanna come? /Korg
So yeah I saw the ship explode and thought "Oh no! Thor's dead!" but then when I got to Wakanda and saw him throw down that big ax I yelled "Thor, you're alive! I'm glad you didn't end up like Doug!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Korg should join the GOTG.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Final Words:

Sex Panther
AG
Should've def made Fury last in that sheet
DTP02
AG
Finally saw this over the weekend after trying in vain to get decent seats for 4 the previous two weekends. Reserved seating can be a pain at times.

This is just an incredible bit of movie-making. Given what they had to do, working with so many characters and the fact it was part one of a two-parter, it was close to perfect.

The opening note, with the real death of a couple of name characters, sets the perfect tone. Thanos is a great villain, and I like that they make him a little more nuanced than just a psycho/sociopath, although I find the Malthusian motivation a little cheap and unconvincing.

But, overall, the juggling act they do is just superb. They managed to stuff a movie full of way too many characters and rarely did it feel obiously overstuffed, which was my number one fear.

Two personal reactions from my family which I think show how good of a job they did:

My older son actually came out of the movie asking why it was so short--- he though it had only been like an hour and a half, and he's not one to easily maintain his interest and focus.

My wife has hardly seen any Marvel movies, I think only GOTG, and she was fired up about it loved it and wants to see more of them to get some of the backstories now.

Just a fantastic piece of movie-making all things considered.
dave94
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Final Words:

The Collective
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Loki being Banner makes no sense.

This is worse than every Snoke theory.
Sex Panther
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Final Words:

The last words in the movie (before the post-credit scene) are from Cap sitting on the ground, utterly defeated and processing what's happening. He lets out the most despondent, "Oh God"

It hit home on the second viewing.
jeffk
AG
Followed by the monochrome credits layout and the ominous musical choices. Our theater was dead silent the entire run.
MASAXET
AG
Sex Panther said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Final Words:

The last words in the movie (before the post-credit scene) are from Cap sitting on the ground, utterly defeated and processing what's happening. He lets out the most despondent, "Oh God".

It hit home on the second viewing.
Anyone know how much time passed between the last dialogue and the beginning of the credits? Seems like it was a while but I haven't seen the movie since opening weekend.
Sex Panther
AG
I saw it again last night. It's pretty quick. Cap says it... then it cuts to Thanos coming out of his house, watching the sunrise and ends on him smiling. Probably only a minute or so.

And the music was really effective like Jeff said.
jeffk
AG
It was such a contrast to all the other Marvel movie credits too. No pictures, no songs, no colors, no fun. Just white on black with a orchestral score. One cut-scene at the end, but even that was a downer.

The difference was so palpable.
redline248
AG
I barely remember Steve speaking at the end. What stuck with me the most is Thor just standing there staring at nothing from the moment Thanos snaps.
AgFan1999
AG
I'm guessing that Hawkeye's family and Ant-Man's family are part of the unlucky halves and that'll explain their involvement in the next movie?
King O Frod
Thats what im thinking. Antman and Wasp were on their own adventure leading up to this. It'll be interesting to see which antmans/wasps combination we get for IW4. Maybe well get 2 antmans,(1 antman/1giantman) or 2 wasps. Maybe we'll get Lawrence Fishburn as Black Goliath
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ant-Man ends with him hugging his daughter as she turns to dust.
Ag Since 83
AG
Wow, Heimdall really won that last words contest

Also the 2nd time I saw it I thought to myself as Cap said "oh God": "man if you want to completely kill the mood with a poorly timed joke, you have Thor go 'Yes?'"
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Ant-Man ends with him hugging his daughter as she turns to dust.

How very Spider-Man and Ironman of you.
KidDoc
AG
Finally saw this last Thursday with my 19 year old son at Cinemark in CS. Theater was a good 80% full still.

Loved it completely, one of the best movies I've seen in my nearly half century of life. From reading the thread here are a few points:

1) Thor's axe- I don't think they could use Stormbringer vs Stormbreaker due to copyright issues. Stormbringer is famous in nerd world for Elric's demon blade as written by Michael Moorcock.

2) Dusting/dead people- I think the dusted people are in an alternate dimension. Specifically with Parker he said "I don't want to go" and i recall several others saying similar things. I think the people that died from non-dusting are dead with the exception of Gamora her I am not sure about.

3) Random Genocide- This is really a stupid way to address overpopulation. It would make much more sense to introduce a geno****e or impaired fertility issue as in Mass Effect with the Krogan. Within a few hundred years give or take the populations just would regrow and we would have the same issues.

I'm embarrassed to say but I haven't seen Ragnarok or BP so I was a bit lost at the intro scene with one eyed Thor. I'll fix that situation this week with a PPV rental at home.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mpl35
AG
Yeah. Thor ragnorak is badass. Go watch it ASAP.
jeffk
AG
Maybe one of them will get dusted while shrunk and vanish in a tiny puff of smoke.
Teddy Perkins
AG
MBAR
AG
KidDoc said:

3) Random Genocide- This is really a stupid way to address overpopulation. It would make much more sense to introduce a geno****e or impaired fertility issue as in Mass Effect with the Krogan. Within a few hundred years give or take the populations just would regrow and we would have the same issues.

Haha yeah, I didn't want to be the nerd, but any population that is growing too fast is going to be at that same population in a generation. Its a pretty stupid way to address it indeed. That said, it didn't bother me.
PatAg
AG
Gigem314 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

so there's a theory going around online that Loki is alive and impersonating Banner, hence why he can't Hulk out.

Seems to be a little far-fetched, but one thing that I thought of that would back that up is that Banner knows a lot about Thanos when he arrives in New York.

Typically, he has no recollection of what happens while Hulked out "did i hurt anyone" "Did we save sokovia" "I've been Hulk for 2 years!?" But this time, he's all like "Thanos is coming, He's after the stones, He is responsible for Loki attacking New York"
Creative theory. But Banner was also giving a lot of detail about Vision in Wakanda. I don't see how Loki could have known all that if he was impersonating Banner. And then how does that explain Loki's dead body?

I think it's far more likely that what Hulk experienced against Thanos was so powerful and impactful, that he was able to transfer those memories to Banner so he could warn the others on Earth.
Yea, but in Ragnarok he also said something to the effect of "normally it's like we both have a hand on the wheel" .
Hagen95
AG
You just better hope Thanos doesn't have the glove on when he hears a catchy tune he snaps along with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.