*** Avengers: Infinity War --- SPOILERS ALLOWED in here ***

208,852 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funny that the elves had a prototype that could control the bifrost, yet Odin chose to summon dark magic to send Thor to earth in The Avengers
TCTTS
AG
Hemsworth's current slate...

2018 - Bad Times at the Royale - Sounds fun, features an amazing cast. I don't think it'll move the needle in terms of star power, though, as he looks to be part of an (awesome) ensemble. Still, it at least looks to be different enough from anything else he's done.

2019 - Untitled Avengers 4 - Likely his last stint as Thor.

2019 - Untitled Men in Black Spin-Off - With him and Tessa Thompson as the two leads, I think this actually has a ton of potential. Likely gets him closer to Rock status as well.

NOTE: Both A4 and MiB hit theaters May 2019. This could be where Hemsworth finally gets over the hump and raises his profile even more, but we'll see.

2020 - Untitled Star Trek 4 - Returning to the role/franchise that first made him somewhat of a name. Could be cool, but also more of the same, so who knows.

He'll surely have other movies over the next couple years as well, and I'm hoping one of them is the smart, modern-day action hit he desperately needs. Something more grounded and original. Blackhat was supposed to be that, but Mann sh*t the bed on that one, so Hemsworth needs to find something else with that caliber director and in the same general vein.
wangus12
AG
For some reason, I don't think it will be his last stint as Thor. And I hope he does another one as well
FancyKetchup14
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I thought Hemsworth was pretty good in "Rush"

Also forgot we get that scene with Natalie Dormer's fine ass tiddies
TCTTS
AG
Rush was legit. Should be more revered than it is.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
The most lol moment of the movie for me was when Starlord started talking in a deep voice because all of a sudden he felt the need to compete with Thor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"This is my voice!"

"He did it again!"
TexasAggie_02
AG
Russo bros break down Thor meeting GOTG

Ulrich
Thor seems right on the edge becoming so overpowered that it's hard to make a good movie with him.
TexasAggie_02
AG
BBQ4Me
AG
Avengers: The Reverse Purge
TCTTS
AG
Basically just confirming that Valkyrie survived...

TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

she was probably passed out drunk, and the Black Order thought she was dead
FancyKetchup14
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

He was, however, cryptic about Korg's fate, the character played by director Taika Waititi in Thor: Ragnarok.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Where's Wong? What happened to Valkyrie? And more importantly, what's going to happen to the cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.? (Just kidding, I know you don't care about those last guys.)
Savage.
The Debt
One of the credit scenes had stan Lee standing before the watchers, which means some level of inhuman involvement I think. The moment shield got into that, I stopped paying attention.
spaceman
AG
Living Legend said:

TCTTS said:

Is Hemsworth our last great action star? I feel like he has his signature role with Thor, but has yet to have a signature movie that cements him as a bonafide action lead. As much as I love him, and as much as his star has steadily risen, I feel like he could and should be way more of a deal than he currently is. With a big hit outside of the Marvel movies, I think he could be up there on a peg just slightly lower than The Rock.
Idk... I have no interest in seeing any of the movies hes done outside of the MCU.
Cabin in the Woods was pretty awesome
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
AliasMan02
AG
Cibalo said:

forgive me if it has been discussed

one thing that bothered me is why didn't Dr Strange use the time stone to just quickly age Thanos until he was dust? We saw him do that with an apple in his movie and we saw Thanos reverse the death of Vision.

it seems like DS could have just turned his hand and made Thanos age and die. Are we to assume this was one of the 14 million options and it didn't work?

This is another example of people reading into things that aren't really there, I think. When have we ever seen the Time Stone turn time forward, unless it was just turned back (like the apple in Doctor Strange)? It provided Strange and the Ancient One visions of possible futures, but I don't think it's ever turned time forward.
agenjake
It would be pretty funny if when the un-snap happens, Coulson in is there with the rest of the undead. Hey, what are you doing here? What do you mean, and why does everyone keep asking me that?
The Debt
We have seen the time stone localize the time distortion....if you dont think it has the power to age something, turn back time on Thanos 1) before he collected the stones or 2) when he was a fetus then light him on fire. If he survives you have 40-50 years before he is full grown.
ScottBowen
AG
How much have we seen the Time Stone do? Thanks could reverse a few seconds, there was that time in Doctor Strange where he was able to undo a few minutes of destruction on a city block, but ultimately it seems like an artifact that's pretty limited in its scope. Even the Time-Turner in Harry Potter was more powerful.
AliasMan02
AG
The Debt said:

We have seen the time stone localize the time distortion....if you dont think it has the power to age something, turn back time on Thanos 1) before he collected the stones or 2) when he was a fetus then light him on fire. If he survives you have 40-50 years before he is full grown.

These are also things we have no indication the stone can do, though, right? It's very powerful but seems to be incredibly limited, which tracks with the warning about natural law in Doctor Strange.
The Debt
If infinity stones have the power to kill half the universe, then I'm pretty sure their power is more than just localized and minimal.
mpl35
AG
The Debt said:

If infinity stones have the power to kill half the universe, then I'm pretty sure their power is more than just localized and minimal.

The infinity gauntlet has that power. Not a single unfocused Stone (that we know).
The Debt
mpl35 said:

The Debt said:

The infinity gauntlet has that power. Not a single unfocused Stone (that we know).

The gauntlet itself only allows someone to bear multiple stones. The power is the stones themselves, not the "synergy" of the gauntlet.

And to be fair the time stone is not unfocused. It is encased in the eye of agamotto.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Cibalo said:

forgive me if it has been discussed

one thing that bothered me is why didn't Dr Strange use the time stone to just quickly age Thanos until he was dust? We saw him do that with an apple in his movie and we saw Thanos reverse the death of Vision.

it seems like DS could have just turned his hand and made Thanos age and die. Are we to assume this was one of the 14 million options and it didn't work?

This is another example of people reading into things that aren't really there, I think. When have we ever seen the Time Stone turn time forward, unless it was just turned back (like the apple in Doctor Strange)? It provided Strange and the Ancient One visions of possible futures, but I don't think it's ever turned time forward.

Strange took an Apple with a single bite in it, and used the stone to completely consume and then mildew it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mpl35
AG
The Debt said:

mpl35 said:

The Debt said:

The gauntlet itself only allows someone to bear multiple stones. The power is the stones themselves, not the "synergy" of the gauntlet.

And to be fair the time stone is not unfocused. It is encased in the eye of agamotto.
It took all the stones to kill half the universe. Not a single stone or even 5 of the 6. So there is obviously a synergistic effect going on once in the gauntlet. Stones can be used to aid and focus other stones.
The Debt
Yet you think THE TIME STONE can only rewind reality a few minutes at most.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Considering Starlord's mom made him two mixtapes, I hope we see a scene in Avengers 4 where somebody makes him a brand new mixtape of late 80's music for GOTG 3. Maybe even some early 90's. Maybe a few dvd's?

Gotta be Peter Parker.
mpl35
AG
The Debt said:

Yet you think THE TIME STONE can only rewind reality a few minutes at most.
I never said or implied any such thing.
The Debt
Just that a stone has limited power on it's own and was "unfocused" because stones need lannister gold to make em work.
mpl35
AG
The Debt said:

Just that a stone has limited power on it's own and was "unfocused" because stones need lannister gold to make em work.
No. I believe it was you that implied that because the infinity gauntlet could kill 1/2 of the galaxy, that individual stones aren't just localized or minimal.

I merely pointed out that the infinity gauntlet had all the stones and that they help focus each other to achieve greater powers. The MOVIES haven't really given us a good grasp of what a single stone can or can't do. I'm not sure if the time stone alone can turn back thousands of years to Thano's birth to "when he was a fetus then light him on fire."
ScottBowen
AG
mpl35 said:

The Debt said:

No. I believe it was you that implied that because the infinity gauntlet could kill 1/2 of the galaxy, that individual stones aren't just localized or minimal.

I merely pointed out that the infinity gauntlet had all the stones and that they help focus each other to achieve greater powers. The MOVIES haven't really given us a good grasp of what a single stone can or can't do. I'm not sure if the time stone alone can turn back thousands of years to Thano's birth to "when he was a fetus then light him on fire."
Well, we know it took a quarter turn to undo a minute's worth of damage to the Mind Stone, so if Strange can sit there and turn his wrist 131 million times, he may well be able to undo 1,000 years of Thanos's aging.
texasaggie04
AG
mpl35 said:

The Debt said:

This is probably a fair statement - it's the gauntlet being used to harness and wield the power of all the stones at once.

The Power Stone can destroy planets, but only if the guy wielding it is standing on the planet (a la GotG). However, Thanos was able to throw a moon in the battle on Titan because he was wielding multiple stones together.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.