*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,908 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
FTA03
AG
Maybe he's already at Treui's place and she's hiding him. The meteor from last episode could have been him. He lands prior to construction of the clock (that he's helping build) and the statue she made is accurate based on his age cause he's already there.
Sex Panther
AG
hph6203 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

Regarding Ozy (Veidt), does anyone else think we're seeing significant leaps of time between our flashes to what he's up to? I'm starting to think that what we saw in episode 1 might have been shortly after he went missing, and we still haven't reached present time with him. Otherwise, he seems to be rapidly slipping from pretty in control to losing it, especially with how disheveled he appeared the most recent episode and the slaughter of his servants.

Now that I think about it, isn't that what the cakes are for? Aren't there 4 cakes and he's been there 4 years? They said it was for his anniversary, anniversary for his arrival?

I believe it's basically a certainty that this is exactly what's happening. Each episode has been a year in how long he's been there. He gets more irritated every year, and leading to him being short with his servants, seeing them as more expendable, and finally a full on breakdown and massacre.

The theory had been that he's on Mars, but I don't see how that's possible if he's trying to escape by catapulting himself... I mean what is he gonna do? Break out in a homemade space suit and float all the way to earth? Really intrigued to see just where exactly he is... maybe somehow at the bottom of the ocean?
israeliag
AG
Did they allude to him being on the moon, with one of the cuts between scenes where they transitioned from I forget what, but then into the moon in Tulsa?
redline248
AG
I think it's a possibility, but can't say for sure if was intended.
redbaron788
AG
It felt very much like the reveal from GoT where they show the baby Jon's face then switch to a zoom out of grown Jon Snow
Sex Panther
AG
israeliag said:

Did they allude to him being on the moon, with one of the cuts between scenes where they transitioned from I forget what, but then into the moon in Tulsa?

I definitely took it that way. But again, I don't see how his plan is going to work to float to Earth in a homemade spacesuit from the moon.

Some rumors that its some kind of mind prison and he's in a coma. That's the most plausible, so for that reason it's probably not even close to what's really happening.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This might be the best one yet. So many great easter eggs, so many intriguing theories.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

No "your mom" joke

for reference
amercer
AG
Good stuff
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Incredible opening. Wow.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What's the deal with the 7th Kav and lettuce?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Thunder18
AG
Pretty wild episode
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BenFiasco14
AG
Sturgill Simpson song appearance
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MBAR
AG
My favorite episode to date. Love this show.

Squid pro quo had me dying.
amercer
AG
Whoa.

That got real. Quick.

I really liked mirror guy
Robert C. Christian
AG
So, if I am reading the clues right:

Grandpa is a clone and the pills are how the memories are transferred into said clone?
MBAR
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

So, if I am reading the clues right:

Grandpa is a clone and the pills are how the memories are transferred into said clone?
No, I believe they were just his memories and he wanted her to have them so she would understand certain things. I see no reason to believe he's a clone.

Also are we really using spoiler tags in this thread? Cause that's a bummer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
C@LAg said:

Spoilers are OK in this thread. Do not use these things.

Sorry for starting it. Didn't know if there was a 24 hour thing or not
amercer
AG
So the Veidt thing got cleared up, sorta.

Manhattan definitely created life on Europa and sent him there. Not sure who he's hoping to contact with his message though.

Also, I was convinced that Lady Trieu was going to squid Tulsa, so her and the Senator are working together? He's thinking she can put him in the White House like Veidt did for Redford? I guess he might believe that, but I think she's got other plans that end with him dead.

Also with mirror dead, and Angela out of it, Blake is really on her own. Although she wasn't really working to get them to help her anyway I guess.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

So the Veidt thing got cleared up, sorta.

Manhattan definitely created life on Europa and sent him there. Not sure who he's hoping to contact with his message though.

What makes you so sure it's Doctor Manhattan who sent him there, though? Veidt spelled out "SAVE ME D" and we couldn't see the rest. What if he spelled out "SAVE ME DOCTOR MANHATTAN" and Lady Trieu is the one who imprisoned him there?

Granted, even with all her wealth, I doubt Lady Trieu has the resources/tech to build that kind of prison on Europa, but who else's name starts with "D" who could help him all the way out there, and why would he be asking Doctor Manhattan for help if Doctor Manhattan is the one who put him there in the first place?
TCTTS
AG
Either way, this episode was phenomenal.

Biggest mind*****of a series since Lost, no question.
Sex Panther
AG
That was incredible
Dro07
AG
Ok now I really enjoyed this episode. Fav so far
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Sex Panther
AG
I always loved the comic but I also thought the squid was kinda silly, and that the movie ending was superior... this is making me appreciate the original ending so much more now.

This and the ScreenCrush recaps are making me want to read it again. I have the ultimate edition Blu-Ray with the motion comic and I've never watched it. Think I'll check that out this week.
TCTTS
AG
I feel the exact same way. I always thought the movie ending was so much better. And I think for a contained, two-hour experience, it was probably the best choice. But yeah, I absolutely love that they've doubled down on the squid here and now I can't imagine it any other way. I also totally forgot about that Blu-ray. I'm positive I had it too, but just looked and can't find it anywhere. I thought I watched it online or something, but that doesn't make much sense. Either way, it was shockingly good for a motion comic or whatever.
TCTTS
AG
Wait, I read that wrong. I *do* have the director's cut Blu-ray. Is that what you're taking about. Is it on there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.