*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,745 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
MBAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Fred had it coming
Apparently the warehouse had a FT & sons on it and there's a certain Fred in the past who had ties to the KKK. Not going to lie, maybe me love this episode even more.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PooDoo
AG
Has to be one of the best flashback episodes I've seen.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
Ooooh
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Good catch.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Last night was awesome. If these guys are somehow connected to Manhattan, then that will be even crazier.
TexAgBolter
AG
But Dr. M wasn't created until 1959, right?
amercer
AG
The hooded justice flashbacks would be way before Dr Manhattan was created, but the cyclops logo seems like it could tie into the giant squid eye in some way.

I don't think Trieu is planing to hypnotize Tulsa with HD TV broadcasts, but the strobe tech is interesting. Not sure how it meshes with the 7th and their portal plans, except it seems Will is working against them (But maybe Trieu isn't? )
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
fig96
AG
That was the weirdest and most interesting episode of tv I've seen in a long time.

The melding of Angela into Will's memories was incredibly well done.
Duncan Idaho
C@LAg said:

TexAgBolter said:

But Dr. M wasn't created until 1959, right?

Except time does not matter to Doctor Manhattan he sees things happening in the future and the past at the same time.

His choice of the symbol could have also been impacted by that.

Before this episode there were two reason behind his symbol.

1)time is a flat circle
2)hydrogen
tk for tu juan
Crawford hanging himself on a single exposure to a flashing light was questionable, but seeing that excerpt about the HDTVs really helps that scene.

The flashback dragged on too long, I wish they got back to the present sooner in the episode and had some hint at what Lady Trieu is doing
Gig-Em2003
AG
Agree - the flashback was too long but I really enjoyed parts of it. This show is so damn weird. I laugh at the thought of someone picking up this show midway through a season.
Duncan Idaho

I loved the episode and thought that was the most inventive way to handle an expository flashback I have seen.

It certainly wasnt the season 3 finale of Louis but it was orginal and fresh.

PooDoo
AG
amercer said:

The hooded justice flashbacks would be way before Dr Manhattan was created, but the cyclops logo seems like it could tie into the giant squid eye in some way.

I don't think Trieu is planing to hypnotize Tulsa with HD TV broadcasts, but the strobe tech is interesting. Not sure how it meshes with the 7th and their portal plans, except it seems Will is working against them (But maybe Trieu isn't? )

Seems like there is a direct correlation between the Mesmerizing the Masses and the squid or the cyclops might not be that much of a stretch.

Maybe Veidt has cyclops ties and Treau is going to use his tech with LGJ to right a wrong.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Movie version...

TCTTS
AG
Graphic novel version...

Duncan Idaho
I would ove to hear the stories behind getting this made. What was pitched, how it was pitched, how it changed.

I just cant imagine walking into a production company and saying "ok.. so you know that graphic novel that was written by a guy that thinks he is a warlock. You know the one they based that movie on. No not the incredibles. the other movie where super heroes are made illegal. No not age of Ultron, the other one. The one with the blue dong.

Ok. We want to make that but true to the source material and then crank it to 11. We are thinking revisiting a modern american massacre, a psychic squid, some gay sex and using that guy from that "**** you like an animal " song to score it."
tk for tu juan
Pitch meeting:
"Do you like Lost?"
"Yes"
"Do you like Watchmen?"
"Yes"
"What if we made a Lost-like version of the Watchmen?"
fig96
AG
Probably more something like "Hi Damon, we loved Lost. Please make Watchmen."
degreedy
AG
I saw a couple of posts on here after last week's show that alluded to the fact that Wade/Looking Glass died.

We never did see this happen, so y'alls posts were assuming as such, correct?
The Debt
Cyclops? The KKK?

My dudes...they are just ripping off the Coen Brothers

?259
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
NPH- said:

I saw a couple of posts on here after last week's show that alluded to the fact that Wade/Looking Glass died.

We never did see this happen, so y'alls posts were assuming as such, correct?

Well, yes, it's technically an assumption. We assume the 4 dudes with shotguns went into his house and killed him. There wouldn't be much point in him being taken hostage after he already did what they wanted.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
The Debt said:

Cyclops? The KKK?

My dudes...they are just ripping off the Coen Brothers

?259

Hope no one gets turnt into a toad
redline248
AG
It's certainly possible he's not dead, but I don't think anyone is misguided in assuming he is. I don't expect him to be back, but I am not putting zero percent on it.
amercer
AG
I'm hoping he made it to the bunker, but I'm assuming he's dead.

The watchmen has no good guys, and no happy endings.
amercer
AG
Also, when will Nite Owl make an appearance? We are running out of episodes.
MBAR
AG
Anyone expecting to have all the answers when this finishes is not familiar with Lost and The Leftovers and will be greatly disappointed. Set your expectations accordingly.
TCTTS
AG
You guys really think Looking Glass is dead? That didn't even cross my mind. I assume they'd at least show him die. I don't think his story is over yet, not by a long shot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.