*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,767 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
I guess Manhattan being her father would explain her genius (and weirdness)

If that's true though we are setting up for a crazy Jerry Springer show finale. Dr Manhattan there with three exes (one of whom is 9 years old) and a kid???
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
Also I got the feeling that the Senator was being ironic with that line about white men. Just more of him leading around the foot soldiers while he's at his own game.
redline248
AG
I am 99% certain that HBO logo is new for this episode.

and what a f-cking episode. Holy sh-t
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
So she's got veidt's mind stored inside an elephant???

Also, I guess she was actually trying to extract Angela's memories during the "treatment"

Plus with what Will said about betraying his family in the previous episode, I think we can assume that Trieu also has some ugly plans for Manhattan
amercer
AG
redline248 said:

So now we're being told that all the anti-white male rhetoric that exists in our country, right now, is a figment of our imaginations b/c white men are still too powerful to be marginalized.

Got it

I mean, we could have a serious discussion on this, except this is the internet so that's not possible. Still I think we can agree that white guys aren't actually oppressed in 2019 America.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
In the comic veidt had found a way to mute some of his powers. Maybe 30 years later both the 7th and Lady Trieu have tech to do that
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Spirit of Sartre
C@LAg said:

so now it is 100% certain that Ozy was the thing that landed on the farm, and not Dr M.

is Angela and Cal's oldest son an actual child of angela and Dr M? He did say he wanted to create some life. and the kid is weird

So the bad guys really are mustache twirling racists when all is said and done? Cause life is hard for a white man in modern america?

So Trieu is daughter of Dr M confirmed by that comment her father will be here?

Still unsure how Trieu's daughter/mother plays into it. i still think it ties to some sort of psychic empathy thing with the mesmerizer.
100% sure that Trieu is the daughter of Ozy. She even had a line that was a twist on the Percy Shelley poem, "Ozymandias." From the poem:

And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains.

Trieu says something to the effect of "Countless generations will look upon our mighty works and without dispair."
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Proc92
White supremacists still a misdirection?
TCTTS
AG
Good gosh.
TCTTS
AG
From next week's preview, it sounded like the actor who plays Cal (Yahya Abdul-Mateen) will still be voicing Doctor Manhattan. Given that, I'm incredibly curious to see what Manhattan actually looks like in this iteration. In the video that opened tonight's episode, Manhattan/Osterman was clearly shown as a young white boy. So if it's ultimately Abdul-Mateen in blue makeup, that's going to be... interesting. And pretty weird. It doesn't look like they're going the CGI route, but it's obviously hard to say for sure at this point.
TCTTS
AG
Also, this is a good a time as any to remind everyone that Abdul-Mateen is one of the leads in the new Matrix sequel, which starts filming soon. I've been digging him as an actor this season, and now he's really about to be under the microscope, it seems.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
Is Lady Trieu planning to wipe out everyone's memory? Her speech mentioned removing past trauma so people do not have an excuse from advancing forward. No memories of traumatic events, abuse, stature in society, or slavery puts everyone at the same starting point for being fed "good" information/memories from her company.
TCTTS
AG
I should say that I like his presence. No, he hasn't had any big moments yet, but I can totally picture him as the lead in something like a Matrix sequel.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Was the court scene with Ozzy all a sham? I'm a little confused what was going on there?
AgShaun00
AG
C@LAg said:

Well, *****

May 19, 2019
https://moviehole.net/whos-playing-doctor-manhattan-in-watchmen/
that is funny stuff
redline248
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Was the court scene with Ozzy all a sham? I'm a little confused what was going on there?
Yeah, why the bleep has it been going on for a year? How has he not murdered them all, already?
redline248
AG
I was thinking about replying to amercer, but then realized my original comment was deleted, so...

whatever
Thunder18
AG
The Ozymandias story is still the biggest unanswered question for me, I am definitely looking forward to find out where he is, how he got there and why he is there
fig96
AG
Thunder18 said:

The Ozymandias story is still the biggest unanswered question for me, I am definitely looking forward to find out where he is, how he got there and why he is there
And we've only got two episodes to get there, which is going to be interesting. It seems like he's going to tie in in some big way, just not sure how at this point.

I'm also super intrigued to see the Angela/Manhattan backstory and how that all played out. Also makes the Angela/Agent Blake relationship more than a bit awkward.
amercer
AG
Well, Blake did point out how hot Cal was every time she talked to Angela. So...
fig96
AG
amercer said:

Well, Blake did point out how hot Cal was every time she talked to Angela. So...
I mentioned that to my wife last night after the ep
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.