*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,755 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol, blue dong sighting!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Still no answer regarding slippery man!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sailor
Great Episode!

Really enjoyed Season 1, and am looking forward to Season 2.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Goo goo g'joob. What an excellent finale! Just wish we had a smidge of Petey/Lubeman.
TCTTS
AG
All things considered, that was about as perfect a finale as I could have hoped for. So many great payoffs to so many great setups. Appropriately, like clockwork. Absolutely loved it.
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm kinda meh about the finale to be honest. Manhattan essentially let himself die. And the whole transfer power things, as was correctly guessed on here, feels so cheap to me. I also didn't care for them just deciding to arrest Veidt at the end. Seemed really dumb.

5/10 finale
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like a season two announcement - if there ever is one - might be a long ways off, and it might not even be with Lindelof...

https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/15/damon-lindelof-watchmen-season-2/
amercer
AG
Loved it.

Entertaining from start to finish. True to the source material. Full of layers and clues and references that were all in the right place.

Where can I get the soundtrack?
TCTTS
AG
Volumes 1 and 2 are out now, but Volume 3 - the one I'm really looking forward to, with music from the final three episodes - releases tomorrow. Should be available everywhere.
amercer
AG
I am the egg man.

Such freaking awesomeness with all the details
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Like most, I expected Angela to eat the egg and potentially attain Doctor Manhattan's powers, exactly like it played out, which I'm still on the fence about and I think the writers could have gone a different direction.

Instead of Angela eating the egg, have her place it in the pool with the hope that Doctor Manhattan might be "regrown". It would have been cool if as a result of DM foreseeing his own death, he secretly converted the pool to an amniotic pool with the hopes of reincarnating himself using his own genetic material like in Europa.

Plus, last episode he emphasized to Angela that she notice that he was on the pool, and it doesn't really make sense to me that he did that if all she was going to use the pool for was to test her new god powers by trying to walk on water.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
amercer
AG
I think the interesting question is how he knew she would try walking in the pool. He knew it was important that she remember that was part of his powers, and a way to test if she had them. But his knowledge of the future shouldn't extend beyond when he is alive.

So maybe his consciousness transferred with his powers.
TCTTS
AG
Or... the perfectly timed cut to black was just flat out cool and sometimes ambiguity is best? Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Angela to get Manhattan's powers either, but the brilliance of the ending is that we don't know for certain if she did or not. Did you want more from the ending of Inception too?
TCTTS
AG
amercer said:

I am the egg man.

Such freaking awesomeness with all the details

I assumed that was a known cover (just not known be me) of "I Am the Walrus," but it looks like it's a new cover just for the show. Interested to find out who it is, as it sounded like a cover from an old '70s artist or something, though it's apparently not. But yeah, so good either way.
TCTTS
AG
"Dr. M."

TCTTS
AG
Scratch that. Should have gone with my gut...

bigcat22
AG
TCTTS said:

Or... the perfectly timed cut to black was just flat out cool and sometimes ambiguity is best? Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Angela to get Manhattan's powers either, but the brilliance of the ending is that we don't know for certain if she did or not. Did you want more from the ending of Inception too?

Did she really get his powers... does Tony Soprano die in the diner...
amercer
AG
Angela isn't the one in focus in that shot.

They definitely teased the oldest kid having powers

Season two opens with her eating an omelette while Angela towels off...
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that kid's got powers for sure now. Especially considering the fact that they showed him destroy that Doctor Manhattan castle toy earlier in the season, same as "Doctor Manhattan" on Mars.
TCTTS
AG
PooDoo
AG
Was the congressman wearing the same panties they drew on Dr. M for the Watchmen edited for TV?
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
PooDoo
AG
tk for tu juan
tk for tu juan said:

goadius6 said:

...the statue that Trieu had looked exactly like he does when we see him, how would she know what he looks like currently?

Maybe it's not just a statue, but actually his body covered in bronze/metal
Finally got something right on this show (somewhat, do not know the material). I do not think my other ideas panned out
TCTTS
AG
tk for tu juan
PooDoo said:

Was the congressman wearing the same panties they drew on Dr. M for the Watchmen edited for TV?
Definitely laughed out loud when he took his pants off. Thought he had a strange panty fetish and forgot to change before the evening.
Sex Panther
AG
85% phenomenal
10% infuriating/eye rolling
5% blasphemous (to the original)

Truly a unique and mesmerizing television experience. Overall pretty incredible.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, that kid's got powers for sure now. Especially considering the fact that they showed him destroy that Doctor Manhattan castle toy earlier in the season, same as "Doctor Manhattan" on Mars.

That kid is a boy???
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I liked the ending, even though I hate the idea of the whole "transfer power" nonsense.

But I was really hoping that the last scene would be her taking a step and falling into the water. I just thought it would be funny if Dr. Manhattan made a joke.
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I think I read son or brother at some point and remember being surprised.
TCTTS
AG
That actually would have been hilarious.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I think I read son or brother at some point and remember being surprised.

Yep... he's a boy. I legit thought he was a girl the entire time.

Lindelof you've done it again you sonofa*****
MW03
AG
Should have gone with this one

TCTTS
AG
This is so cool. Love the album cover...

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/12/13/lets-take-a-look-inside-the-final-watchmen-soundtrack-release
Sex Panther
AG
That's badass

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.