*** WATCHMEN (HBO) ***

123,997 Views | 1166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amercer said:

FTA03 said:

I think Trieu is behind the rise of the 7th Calvary. Building a giant "clock" and the "tick tock" chant can't be coincidence.

The weirdest part there is Will being aligned with the 7th cav. I'm all on board with them not being exactly as we expect, but they are clearly pretty racist.
I'm really curious to see who ends being behind what the 7th Calvary is up to. You can make an argument for just about anyone in the show except Angela or Agent Blake at this point...the Senator, Chief Crawford, Will, Trieu...
easttexasaggie04
AG
What do we think that meteor was that fell on the farm seconds after the bought it?
FTA03
AG
Was that scene a flashback to acquiring the area the clock is being built?
amercer
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

What do we think that meteor was that fell on the farm seconds after the bought it?

Clones being flung from the moon?
fig96
AG
FTA03 said:

Was that scene a flashback to acquiring the area the clock is being built?
That would make sense, except that they knew who she was and I think mentioned that she was already building the clock there in town?
goadius6
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

OZYMANDIAS!
Teddy Perkins
AG
New stuff up at Peteypedia.

https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia
amercer
AG
Yeah, I think that scene was current and that she was expanding her holdings for some reason
TCTTS
AG
I think the Trieu intro was in the past, but early in the construction process. They literally made a point of ending the scene with a birds-eye-view shot coasting over the empty land and then superimposing/fading to what was built on it. At least that's what it looked like to me.
Dro07
AG
same
tk for tu juan
So what part of the baby does the real estate agent take for the 6% commission?

(Yes, I know there was also $5 million involved)
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

amercer said:

So Treiu imprisoned Veidt took over his company and teamed up with Will, because she wants to get revenge for American colonialism in Vietnam. And will is on board because it will let him get vengeance for the Tulsa massacre???

Or it's something completely different and ****ed up

Maybe the clock is actually an intrinsic field generator, and they are trying to make Will into another Dr Manhattan
If you read the comic, Blake (The Comedian) and Doctor Manhattan went all Apocalypse Now in Vietnam, killing indiscriminately, literally roasting Vietnamese people to death.

Trieu could be the Comedian's daughter with the Vietnamese woman (slashed his face) he killed. Only the mom was shot. That would make her Laurie's half sister.

The daughter could be a clone of herself or her mother, hence why she is recalling the events of the war via her dreams.

I am betting the giant clock is a tool to trap and punish Doctor Manhattan for doing nothing.. So this is all a play for her to get revenge on him.

She created the phone booths to call/leave msgs for Doc Manhattan. Maybe the fact her never answers proves he continues to do nothing. They could also be used along with the giant clock thing to yank him back to earth?

And she is planning to use Laurie as bait, due to her past history with him. (Also, her revenge could be against Laurie too, for her father's sins.

So just spit balling on what amercer said, and my rambling above:
Lady Trieu could be the one responsible for the squid fall, with her bio tech
She wants Manhattan, and the way to get him is through his past attachment with Laurie.
Hence, teaming with Will to kill Crawford. That brought the FBI and Laurie Blake into it. It is through her that Trieu will be able to get Manhattan's attention and possibly try to get revenge on him with her device.

Or she is regrowing her mother and wants Manhattan to recreate her father to get revenge on him.

Given we never see Angela's father.... it is possible she too might be a daughter of the Comedian from Vietnam?

So we would have 3 daughter s of the Comedian all together.

This is good stuff.
goadius6
AG
The opening scene could be in the past, and that also could be Ozy coming to earth, do we know how long he has been "in his prison", the statue that Trieu had looked exactly like he does when we see him, how would she know what he looks like currently?
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

I think the Trieu intro was in the past, but early in the construction process. They literally made a point of ending the scene with a birds-eye-view shot coasting over the empty land and then superimposing/fading to what was built on it. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Yeah, but it faded into a shot of downtown. So that means she owns a bunch of the town, including where the culture heritage center thing is? Actually I guess it would make sense if that was all her tech doing the genome/family tree stuff.
tk for tu juan
goadius6 said:

...the statue that Trieu had looked exactly like he does when we see him, how would she know what he looks like currently?

Maybe it's not just a statue, but actually his body covered in bronze/metal
amercer
AG
She "bought" the company from him 4 years ago right? So if nothing else she probably knew what he looked like then, which was still old.

She does say when they are talking about the statue that it's how he looks now though, so it pretty clear she knows he's not dead. Maybe he went to Mars and the scene when she buys the farm is him coming back 4 years ago, and at that point she buys his company/ sends him to exile island.

Also would the farm couple be happy to know that their baby was made in a pond?
Teddy Perkins
AG
So what's the extent of Manhattan's powers? Can Trieu effectively trick him or trap him? I thought he could see the future.
amercer
AG
Veidt was able to trick him before buy generating tachyon rays (or something) that disrupted his ability to see though time. So I guess it's possible.

Other than that, he's pretty god like and I wouldn't want to **** with him.
WES2006AG
AG
amercer said:

She "bought" the company from him 4 years ago right? So if nothing else she probably knew what he looked like then, which was still old.

She does say when they are talking about the statue that it's how he looks now though, so it pretty clear she knows he's not dead. Maybe he went to Mars and the scene when she buys the farm is him coming back 4 years ago, and at that point she buys his company/ sends him to exile island.

Also would the farm couple be happy to know that their baby was made in a pond?
Pretty sure Veight has been missing for like 8 years so I am not sure how she acquired his company.
nickstro66
AG
I've been debating starting on this show. I thought the movie was decent, but I haven't read the graphic novel. Is it worth the watch? I really enjoy comic books, comic book movies, shows, etc.
TCTTS
AG
I would read the graphic novel (or at least a summary of the ending), as it has a different ending from the movie, and the show honors the graphic novel ending, not the movie ending. But either way, yes, the show is absolutely worth it, IMO. It's so good.
redline248
AG
So do y'all still think Will has powers of some sort or just something Trieu gives him to slow down aging (or something like that)?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yes...it's very good IMO. Just watch a few YouTube vidoes of the graphic novel to get up to speed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
redline248 said:

So do y'all still think Will has powers of some sort or just something Trieu gives him to slow down aging (or something like that)?

Maybe he's a clone with Benjamin Button's disease.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
amercer
AG
Dr Manhattan is the only one with what you would think of as real comic book super powers, but the rest of the masks certainly had strength, speed, and intelligence that way exceeded regular people.
Sex Panther
AG
Man this show is ****ing bananas and awesome
Duncan Idaho
The baby lobster trap was the first time I have said "who? What? Seriously huh?" In I dont know how long.

Happy to know that I can still be shocked.
PooDoo
AG
You think that was an amniotic fluid retention pond?
Duncan Idaho
That is where he is farming his clones like catfish. It was the culling of his catch that was so well done.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
C@LAg said:

Duncan Idaho said:

That is where he is farming his clones like catfish. It was the culling of his catch that was so well done.

Look at me. I know all about clone farming....

Gholas are a little different but close enough
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Regarding Ozy (Veidt), does anyone else think we're seeing significant leaps of time between our flashes to what he's up to? I'm starting to think that what we saw in episode 1 might have been shortly after he went missing, and we still haven't reached present time with him. Otherwise, he seems to be rapidly slipping from pretty in control to losing it, especially with how disheveled he appeared the most recent episode and the slaughter of his servants.
Thanks and gig'em
redline248
AG
That wouldn't surprise me, and reminds me of a thought...

Last episode he was going hunting. What happened that led to him killing all his help? Or was that the result of the game warden going to war with him? He certainly didn't look any closer to have a suit ready
hph6203
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Regarding Ozy (Veidt), does anyone else think we're seeing significant leaps of time between our flashes to what he's up to? I'm starting to think that what we saw in episode 1 might have been shortly after he went missing, and we still haven't reached present time with him. Otherwise, he seems to be rapidly slipping from pretty in control to losing it, especially with how disheveled he appeared the most recent episode and the slaughter of his servants.

Now that I think about it, isn't that what the cakes are for? Aren't there 4 cakes and he's been there 4 years? They said it was for his anniversary, anniversary for his arrival?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.