Anyone read the Kingkiller Chronicles?

85,078 Views | 988 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by AtlAg05
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Got a few ideas for ya Patrick

Your characters could travel the narrow, tree shrouded paths of the Weighting Forest of Aurlives to reach the mountains. From there they must traverse Deadlines Pass and then Expectations Descent. When they reach the city of Stillnothing they must head to the Writer's Block of the Arts District and finally stop at Patience's End.

At that point they'll stop questing altogther, spend all of their time at conventions, and complain about how they couldnt possibly quest while King Convenient Excuse is being a big meanie

I love the timeline of this thread :
"OMG GREAT BOOK"
"When's the new one out?!?!"
"WHERE IS THE BOOK PATRICK"
"F it, what are other good books?
"Rothfuss should just give up and let someone else write it. He's a jerk"
"Crap I thought this post was news on a new book"
First time I've clicked on this thread, but I see I've already jumped to the last step
AtlAg05
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

He does talk about the movie/tv show, something. Lynn Manuel Miranda is doing to the music. He talks about casting and actors he likes.

I think he ignored every question about Book3

I think he has a standing rule around not asking about book 3. Or at least he tweeted to have people stop asking, either way it's dumb.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Progress is being made... and there's a Kingkiller TV show in the works?

https://www.newsweek.com/kingkiller-chronicle-book-3-release-date-patrick-rothfuss-doors-stone-1384701
mpl35
AG
Episode IV said:

Progress is being made... and there's a Kingkiller TV show in the works?

https://www.newsweek.com/kingkiller-chronicle-book-3-release-date-patrick-rothfuss-doors-stone-1384701
A month plus old update to say progress...but not fast progress.

Ban this MF!

You got my hopes up Episode IV...you sob.....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Better than the December update that Rothfuss basically said "Stop ****ing asking about book 3, the more you ask the less I write"
jenn96
AG
Hopefully the utter thud which with GOT ended will disabuse him of the notion that he can count on TV writers to finish his story well.
mpl35
AG
I re-read the first two a couple months ago. Still great for book 1. Solid Book 2. Hate the liberal ****. I'd pay mucho dineros if the ***** would finish his book 3.
maverick2076
I won't pay a dime. Writers are employees of the public who are paid to entertain. If any other employee in any other industry performed as poorly or with as many bull**** excuses as Rothfuss, they would have been fired long ago.

There are plenty of other great writers, creating amazing worlds and telling engaging stories. You don't have to support garbage like Rothfuss or GRRM.
AtlAg05
AG
I'm just here to see who bumped this.

"Spreadsheet" updated.

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.