Anyone read the Kingkiller Chronicles?

145,448 Views | 1235 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by The Dog Lord
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AtlAg05
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

Dammit I can't believe I clicked on this! Stupid me.

Ditto

You started this!!!

jenn96
AG
AGinHI said:

I was a young man when this thread was first posted, middle aged when I first responded,

And now I'm an old man.

Haha. I've thought of that regarding GRRM. I read Game of Thrones my senior year of college. If someone had told me it wouldn't be finished before I turned 50 I would have lost my mind.
YouBet
AG
mpl35 said:

maverick2076 said:

Sanderson has said before he has no desire to finish either this series or Martin's.

Well now he's a well Established author that has in many ways passed both of them. Certainly rothfuss. Why would he want that headache?
Yeah, isn't Sanderson the single biggest name in Fantasy and has been for years? Finishing up Rothfuss's mess would be a downgrade and embarrassing for him to even consider. If I were him, I would almost be insulted if someone was pushing me to do it.

Anyway, I love this thread. I hope it goes forever unfinished.
Rocag
AG
Finally something new from Rothfuss?!

The Narrow Road Between Desires

According to Rothfuss, this will be a novella focused on Bast to be released November 14th. Of this year.

Quote:

Quote:

#1 NYT bestselling phenomenon Patrick Rothfuss returns to the wildly popular Kingkiller Chronicle Universe with a stunning reimagining of "The Lightning Tree." Expanded to twice its previous length, and lavishly illustrated by Nathan Taylor, this touching stand-alone story is sure to please new readers and veteran Rothfuss fans alike.

No one taller than the stone.
Come to blacktree, come alone.
Tell no adult what's been said,
lest the lightning strike you dead.

When you come to the lightning tree to trade with Bast, your mortal money isn't worth much. What holds true value are older things: secrets and favors. Buttons and flowers. Lies, tricks, riddles, stones, and whatever else your heart truly desires.

Follow the Kingkiller Chronicle's most charming fae as he schemes and bargains his way through the small town of Newarre. While at first it seems that Bast must be master of this tiny domain, but while he cares nothing for the laws of man, there are older, deeper laws that bind him. And for all his cleverness, Bast finds himself trapped in ways he has never experienced before, and make hard choices and help an enemy.

Playful, sweet, and sly as Bast himself, The Narrow Road Between Desires is Bast's story. In it he traces the old ways of making and breaking, following his heart even when doing so goes against his better judgement. For after all, what good is wisdom if it keeps you from finding your way to danger and delight?

maverick2076
A rewrite of something already published? F this guy.
StinkyPinky
AG
piece of sht
AtlAg05
AG
If only I remembered who that was.

I want to say it was the main characters traveling companion at the bar?
shaynew1
AG
What a perfectly pretentious title
DallasTeleAg
Lol. Just when I thought this guy couldn't be more unlikeable.
The Dog Lord
AG
AtlAg05 said:

If only I remembered who that was.

I want to say it was the main characters traveling companion at the bar?

Yes. I'll echo what others said too. Was annoyed that it's just an expansion of the story I've already read

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.