*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,193 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Sher Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved that episode "The Phantom".
Post removed:
by user
Quinn
AG
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2013/4/8/4196512/the-deep-significance-of-a-reference-to-the-1968-cotton-bowl

From Spencer Hall of EDSBS - great read.

GIF Reactor
AG
It all ends tonight! Kinda bummed.
Post removed:
by user
amg405
AG
Weird to think it's all over after tonight.
GIF Reactor
AG
Could go several ways tonight. Not sure I'll get to watch tonight so I'll have to avoid this thread for a while. Part of me thinks it will end with Don waking up in the hospital, the doctors and nurses calling him Dick and this has all been a dream. He has been in a coma since the explosion in Korea.
Post removed:
by user
TexasAggie008
AG
Has a show or movie ever ended where it was all just a dream? Jacob's Ladder is the closest I can think of to this being the case....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Has a show or movie ever ended where it was all just a dream? Jacob's Ladder is the closest I can think of to this being the case....

well there was one entire season of Dallas....

and St. Elsewhere was not a dream I guess, but it all was in the mind of an autistic kid looking at a snowglobe.

and actually yes, now that I think about it...the entire 2nd series of Newhart was a dream of Bob Newhart from the first Bob Newhart series.

and Roseanne ended revealing it was Roseanne's memoirs she was writing and she changed things she did not like (like her husband Dan dying).
GIF Reactor
AG
I hope it ends with Don going back to NYC to pick up his kids and become a great father and he and Roger giving a big middle finger to M-E somehow.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I hope it ends with Don going back to NYC to pick up his kids and become a great father and he and Roger giving a big middle finger to M-E somehow.

This. Please.
Malachi Constant
AG
Don goes back to being homeless.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
We finally find out why Don enjoys those long drives so much, as it's revealed that he's a prolific and unknown serial killer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
my predictions:

Don is dead...at least Don goes back to being Dick Whitman...his travels take him to Cali after Betty's funeral....we get a scene reminiscent of the Hawaii ad beach scene with Dons shoes and suit abandoned on the beach and Don walking away....

If there is a postscript scene - we see Dick works with his hands in some menial repair job, has a repair shop or something probably in California and has his boys with him, may have a phone call with Sally in Europe and she epitomizes Betty except she is going after her dreams

The story, if you will, has been the Don Draper story...and it ends when his story ends.
Quinn
AG
We're not going to find out anything; it's not going to be some big reveal. It will just be another story in this world with these characters and life will go on without us watching.
Rudyjax
AG
Dick is dead. He cant go back.
TCTTS
AG
The least plot-dependant finale of any of the big shows somehow has me more nervous/curious/on edge than the finale of Lost or even Breaking Bad. I think it's the fact that A) this is my favorite show of all time, and B) there are SO MANY ways it could end. Heck, the entire finale could take place in 1975 and not include a single shot of Don and I wouldn't be surprised one bit. I don't even know if I should watch Game of Thrones right before, like I usually do, because I'm not going to be able to concentrate. There should be a Mad Men help line for people dealing with the stress/sadness of this show ending...
TCTTS
AG
Bunk Moreland
I know this. We could see 77 minutes of yakety sax on a loop with the opening credit images running along with the loop, and afterwards there would be 10 or more "respected" TV critics or bloggers who would find 50 different times in the series in which we saw clues that led to the yakety sax finale.
MW03
AG
Bought a bottle of Canadian Club to help me get through the finale.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk - probably true...but you gotta admit the clues were there for Betty....

http://themuse.jezebel.com/why-we-should-have-seen-betty-drapers-mad-men-fate-from-1704689270
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Bunk - probably true...but you gotta admit the clues were there for Betty....

http://themuse.jezebel.com/why-we-should-have-seen-betty-drapers-mad-men-fate-from-1704689270

You can do that about so many things. These writers may have ideas in their mind about what they want the ultimate arc of a character to be, and may lead us in that direction, but everything is not a "game" with thousands of easter eggs that were being planted along the way.

It's so easy to take a plot development in a series, and find everything in the past in that series to help show how it got there, and so often about 70% of that stuff the showrunners didn't even think about.

Perfect example with that article...Weiner himself has said he has finished this show twice already in the past when he didn't know if they'd get a deal done for more seasons. So why are we going back and looking at stuff from season 1 as "proof" that we should have seen this coming, when Weiner himself has said he has ended the show twice before for all intents and purposes. He clearly didn't have Betty dying of cancer then.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
Sidebar, Don's best pitch was selling me Canadian Club. I think I'll stick with bourbon.
Bunk Moreland
Here we go. Everyone enjoy.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Sex Panther
AG
Don's so cool
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Trident 88
AG
WTH is this retreat?? I don't think this is going to end well.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
WTH is this retreat?? I don't think this is going to end well.

SUPER nervous about this. Don better not join a cult.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.