*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,212 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
PoopKing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good episode
hatchback
AG
What just happened?!?
annie88
AG
wow. Interesting episode all around.

For some reason very disappointed in Megan, just ready for them to divorce.

Although it ended up sad, I have to admit I laughed out loud when he said the computer was making them all homos.
Triad
AgLaw
AG
Loved the Waylon song in the closing credits. Don's back to drinking, having freaky sex and kicking ass as the alpha male.
annie88
AG
Also, I said after the Nam issue at the party that Betty will probably run and beat him.

Her relationship with Sally just gets more vicious all the time.
PJD Ag 10
AG
That was crazy on ever level.

What a power play by Don.

We always knew Ginsberg was crazy, but whoa that was more than I ever thought it would be.
PJD Ag 10
AG
So Megan is trying really hard to connect with don again. What changed? The three some almost felt like a trap or something.
annie88
AG
I think she definitely regretted it the next day. Just so desperate. She's so jealous all the time and does that? Not impressed. Used to like her, now just want Don away from her. He'll, get him and Betty back together with her winning election.
Bunk Moreland
I think she regretted that she did it and at how little Don cared. Sure it was fine but it didn't cause him to stick around or even change his stride at all. Just back to NY because he has to take care of something.

He technically violated his terms by not sticking to the script, did he not?

Great move. Trying tto make himself important again.
95_Aggie
AG
Don didn't meet with a client alone, so I don't think he technically violated anything.
boogieman
AG
I got the impression he wasn't supposed to be there.
95_Aggie
AG
well, yeah ... but he may have skirted a technicality

[This message has been edited by AGnCS (edited 5/11/2014 10:44p).]
Joan Wilder
AG
Last we saw Megan, she broke it off with Don in a fairly big fight. At the beginning of this episode, don tells Peggy he's going to Cali the next weekend, which I assumed was keeping up appearances, but clearly it wasn't. Megan was glad to hear from him and expecting him the next week. Huh? She was pretty obviously sleeping with the redhead while don was in NYC. Her antipathy towards Stephanie was interesting. Was it jealousy? Or did she simply upset her living situation with the redhead?

Peggy's "time to go" to Ginsburg cracked me up. I love how Julio just hangs out at her place watching TV.

Betty is just plain awful. What is her storyline anymore?
MW03
AG
Going to be bummed if that's the last we see of Ginsburg.
OldArmy71
AG
A continuation of the 2001 allusions:

The scene with Ginsberg watching Lou and Cutler talk to each other, reading their lips, is straight out of 2001, as the computer HAL reads the lips of the two astronauts in the pod who have gone there to talk so HAL cannot follow their conversation.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Last we saw Megan, she broke it off with Don in a fairly big fight. At the beginning of this episode, don tells Peggy he's going to Cali the next weekend, which I assumed was keeping up appearances, but clearly it wasn't. Megan was glad to hear from him and expecting him the next week. Huh? She was pretty obviously sleeping with the redhead while don was in NYC. Her antipathy towards Stephanie was interesting. Was it jealousy? Or did she simply upset her living situation with the redhead?

Peggy's "time to go" to Ginsburg cracked me up. I love how Julio just hangs out at her place watching TV.

Betty is just plain awful. What is her storyline anymore?

Agree on the last point. Can she just be gone?
AgLaw
AG
quote:
He technically violated his terms by not sticking to the script, did he not?

Great move. Trying tto make himself important again.

I'm not sure the rest of the partners knew about the Phillip Morris meeting. I got the impression Lou and Jim set this up as a play to force the rest of the partners into a Phillip Morris v. Don Draper decision. The firm can either have the work or they can keep Don, but they can't have both.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Her antipathy towards Stephanie was interesting. Was it jealousy? Or did she simply upset her living situation with the redhead?

I think It had something to do with Stephanie saying she knew all of Don's secrets (or something like that).
CT75
AG
Does Megan know about Don's identity switch....I can't remember??
Bunk Moreland
Yes.
Al Bula
AG
That was some serious crap with Ginsberg.
512Ag
AG
I thought the juxtaposition of Don's threesome vs. Peggy's "threesome" was awesome/kind of funny.

Both Don & Peggy were uninterested, and both threesomes were initiated by desperate people.
Joan Wilder
AG
Yes, Megan turned on a dime when Stephanie said she knew all Don's secrets. That Don was emotionally open with Stephanie and Anna when he's so closed off had to sting.

It still seemed that Megan and Don were done after the last fight, seemed odd that they were still talking and visiting. Especially when it was clear Megan was sleeping with the redhead and enjoying living her life (on dons money) in Cali. I'm ready for Megan's stories to be done too. Tedious.
MW13
AG
Let's not gloss over that Ginsberg cut off his own nipple and gave it to Peggy!
Rudyjax
AG
I like the Fred Ascot look. He looked just like Fred.
512Ag
AG
quote:
Let's not gloss over that Ginsberg cut off his own nipple and gave it to Peggy!

My wife is not much of a cusser, but when Peggy opened that box she just sat slack jawed and said, "What. The. ****?!"
OldArmy71
AG
That Ginsberg stunt was over the top. Just too bizarre and gross.
Joan Wilder
AG
They had a secretary drive over a guy's foot with a lawnmower in season 3.

I literally jumped off my couch when she opened that box.
SLF11
AG
I knew the threesome was coming from the first look of the redhead.... Scouts' Honor!
Al Bula
AG
I got a good laugh at Lou's tirade during the creative dept. meeting.

"Can you be smug from over there, Stan?"

Not only does that actor play an ass hole to a T, the dialogue written for Lou is great. Lou Avery can go from out of touch 60-something to ass-riding boss in .005 seconds.

I thought I would hate Lou as the new office antagonist, but the character is so well done. I don't just hate him, I love to hate him.
Rudyjax
AG
Lou treated them like children in high school.
chico
AG
I'm still thinking Don is going to drop out of the rat race. Somehow he's going to try re-connecting to his kids (like the final episode of last season) or he will see that he's representing the killer cigarette industry and this causes him some pause. I don't know if he will somehow cash out from the firm or if they'll fire him without his money - or if the whole Dick/Don thing will be what gets him to leave....but I don't see him staying with the firm and I don't see him starting up a new firm.
Also, I was kind of expecting a full-on orgy at the party.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I knew the threesome was coming from the first look of the redhead.... Scouts' Honor!

Same. It was very set up from the get go.
MW03
AG
Has anything good happened on this show since Layne died? I mean anything at all?

Don - sad
Don & Megan - sad
Don & Roger - sad
Don & Peggy - sad
Peggy - sad
Peggy & Ted - sad
Ted - sad
Roger & Daughter - sad
Roger - sad
Betty - sad
Henry & Betty - sad
Sally - sad
Bobby - sad
Ken - sad (and blinded)
Lou - miserable sack

Lose cigs
Break in
Don gets caught cheating
Detroit fiasco
Megan hates her life
Draper hits bottom with Hershey
Roger goes native
Bert outed as a jackass
Draper relegated to the bench
Ginsburg goes crazy

Pete - happy in California
Joan - happy(?) but a total B
Harry - ambivalent

Anything else?

[This message has been edited by MW03 (edited 5/12/2014 2:59p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.