*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,153 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Waltonloads08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Five ended with Don walking away from the stage where Megan was shooting a commercial. He then gets hit on a bar ("Are you alone?").

I could've definitely seen this being the series finale ending

Agree, I kinda think Weiner shot his wad early using this.

No pun intended.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Also, did anyone see that shot in the preview from next week of Don asleep in his bedroom? There was a woman in the foreground holding her purse like Betty always does. I hate analyzing next weeks' previews since it's so pointless, but these Betty/Don interactions are starting to have an interesting vibe.
How awesome would it be after all the years of womanizing of Don ends up being Betty's side piece.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Clearly, Pete's comment about ending up back where you started was the theme of the episode (and maybe this back half of the final season)
I wonder if Don Draper will end up back as Dick Whitman.
Trident 88
AG
Roger is the one who dies, and Don leaves the company.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I could see this
TXAGFAN
AG
I feel like roger should have died years ago, he's definitely burning the candle at both ends.
J.P. 03
AG
I could also see Roger dying and turning the company over to Don...maybe an interesting twist would involve Don promptly walking away and putting Peggy in charge.

...I should also point out that my 7-year Mad Men prediction batting average is still hovering somewhere around 0.000.
StringerBell
AG
Really enjoyed this episode

I find it funny that Megan's mom was complaining about what don did to their family when basically she's gonna do the same thing.

Don't know why but I'm not feeling the waitress character. She seems a bit too one dimensional--there has to be something more than just emo.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

I could see this
On one hand, I agree. But on the other, I just can't see them killing both Bert and Roger within eight episodes of each other. Honestly, I don't think anyone else dies.
annie88
AG
I'm not sure anyone dies. I hope they just show what happens in the future, but they probably won't.
Malachi Constant
AG
Just got to watch this episode finally.

Megan really is a terrible person, and the scene that did it for me is when she came back from the meeting with Don and saw her sister crying on the couch and then berated her.

She said something like "mom was unhappy for a long time, at least she did something about it."

All I could think of was well, easy for you to say since you just got a million dollar check from your ex husband after stealing all his furniture.

What a beech.
Aston04
AG
Not a fan of Don's new love interest. Just super boring.. Obvious there's no future there. With so few episodes left, it's frustrating seeing him "waste" time with her.

And yes Megan is a self-centered b*tch. Don is responsible for every big break she has had and why she doesn't have to work if she doesn't want to. She also knew exactly the kind of man she was marrying and then complains about it in hindsight.

I just started watching this show a few months ago and am finally caught up. Psyched for a new episode tonight (and not have to dodge media talking about it).
TCTTS
AG
Am I the only one who saw the Don/waitress thing come to a pretty definitive end last week? I keep seeing people say they're upset about Don's new love interest, as if there's any kind of a future there after their last scene together. And yeah, I'd be right there with you, except I'd be shocked if we ever see her again. To me, that was just a final little fling to wake Don up (again) / coincide with and help illustrate his apartment/life now being complete empty.
Rudyjax
AG
Who is that actor that is Joan's love interest?
AgLaw
AG
It's driving me crazy.
AgLaw
AG
And why is he dressed like Mr. Furley from Three's Company.
Rudyjax
AG
And did they really have to bring Weiners som back?
gumby579
AG
Bruce Greenwood. I remember him from a couple of things but the biggest in my head was the last National Treasure
AgLaw
AG
He's also in the new Star Trek movies.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
He's also in the new Star Trek movies.

Thats where I know him from. Thanks.
gumby579
AG
How could I forget about the Star Treks?!
95_Aggie
AG
Lots of sadness in this episode.
Joan Wilder
AG
THAT episode was why people love this show.
A lot of people just nailing don's character lately, and he seems to be listening.

Creepy Glen gonna creep. Weiner's son still can't act.

Sally was great tonight.

I recognize Bruce greenwood from 13 Days - he played JFK.
AgLaw
AG
Don has no wife, no home, no furniture, and his daughter just called him out for being a creepy old man. He's a blank slate ready for reinvention as Dick Whitman.
95_Aggie
AG
Plus he is tired of his job and thinks it doesn't have a future.
chico
AG
Don winds up alone on a California beach as Dick Whitman. Peggy is named creative director.
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
yea but how rushed is joan and capt picards relationship? i mean, she is going to give up her son for a dude she went on one date with? give me a break.

What?? Where did you get that?
InternetFan02
AG
Creepy Glen awkwardly steals the show again. WTF is Playland?

Losman
AG
I believe it's Captain Pike
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
InternetFan02
AG
"Oh you're in college? I'm going back to school next year"

"Don't listen to Jane Fonda over here"
PatAg
AG
Ugh, glen.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.