*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,136 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great read. Made me realize how much I've missed watching the show these past several months.
Bunk Moreland
It has been so nice re-watching the series right now in anticipation for the finale episodes. I thought I started re-watching on a timeline that would get me done right as the new season was starting, but I'm already well into season 6. I'll be done by next week.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Lots of cool "Last Round With The Cast" videos posted on each of the characters.

Last Round with the Cast
Aust Ag
AG
I may have read that Hollywood Reporter article too quickly, but I still don't understand exactly why this is the last season. Usually when a show stops it's because the ratings are bad or the stars have got so big they decided to all do movies. But I don't see that being the case here. According to the article, nobody seems real thrilled that it's ending.
TCTTS
AG
I think Weiner basically just ran out of story and didn't want to stretch it too thin. This is my all time favorite show, but even I'll admit that that it's felt like they've been treading water for a while now.
Bunk Moreland
Yep. The fall off happens in season 5. For whatever reason, while still good, it sputters for stretches.
Sex Panther
AG
I guess I've never felt that there was any fall off. To me it's one of the most consistent shows of all time as far as quality and not jumping the shark.
PatAg
AG
^
agreed
TCTTS
AG
If not season three, season four might be my favorite season, and I guess five just didn't live up to those lofty expectations for me. Parts of it were a bit too experimental, I thought. I thought six was better, for sure, though.

That said, I need to put it all context and by saying seasons five and six of Mad Men are still better, in my opinion, that 95% of everything else on TV. Not griping about them at all. Just saying I can kind of see why Weiner chose to end the show when he did.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I may have read that Hollywood Reporter article too quickly, but I still don't understand exactly why this is the last season. Usually when a show stops it's because the ratings are bad or the stars have got so big they decided to all do movies. But I don't see that being the case here. According to the article, nobody seems real thrilled that it's ending.

Do you really want to see the show eventually jumping into the 80's with Old Man Don relapsing - yet again - and trying to pick up on Sally's friends at the New Wave dance club?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you really want to see the show eventually jumping into the 80's with Old Man Don relapsing - yet again - and trying to pick up on Sally's friends at the New Wave dance club?

Well now I do
Aust Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well now I do
Yeah...I concur. That's actually an interesting premise. We all know (or might be) the older divorced dude thrust back into the scene and he doesn't realize how old and ridiculous he looks working the youngs. Besides, I think Sally is going to have good-looking friends. And you never know....Don has a way of working things.
DanHo2010
AG
The show is about the 60s. When they get to the end of the 60s, the show should be over.
MW03
AG
Whoa. Didn't realize Megan Draper gets nakers in Hot Tub Time Machine. Kind of shocking.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Whoa. Didn't realize Megan Draper gets nakers in Hot Tub Time Machine. Kind of shocking.

Welcome to two thousand whenever that was.

A little late but congrats on making it.
MW03
AG
Thank you. I accept your welcome sincerely. It was amazing.
TajMaballer
AG
First half of season 7 on Netflix tomorrow!
TajMaballer
AG
Aaaaaand I'm done.. Can't wait for April 5th!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's still Two Thousand Whenever anytime I look at her sweet naked boobies.
Quinn
AG
So which episodes should be rewatched from Season 7?
DonaldFDraper
AG
Sunday
Bunk Moreland
So ready
FriscoREAg
AG
Bump. Ready for tonight!
aggiegrad03
AG
Yes! So excited.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
So which episodes should be rewatched from Season 7?

Sorry Quinn! Just saw this! Binging the season didn't give me a chance to separate episodes (a problem I have personally when it comes to binging shows)

That being said, I loved the last 2 or so episodes. Kinda curious how it will be watching week to week.
MW13
AG
Is anybody elses AMC currently messing up? It works fine for about 10 seconds and then freezes up. Only channel I have that is doing this. I have uverse and am in DFW and starting to get worried/pissed.
suburban cowboy
AG
My AMC in Houston looks great

Catch wait to watch Megan and friends get murdered
PatAg
AG
I love this damn show.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Is anybody elses AMC currently messing up? It works fine for about 10 seconds and then freezes up. Only channel I have that is doing this. I have uverse and am in DFW and starting to get worried/pissed.

I have uverse in DFW and mine froze when I first flipped to AMC, but has been fine for the last couple of minutes. This better not be effed up.
AgLaw
AG
Anybody have any idea what's going on with Don in this episode? Feels like a dream/hallucination.
PatAg
AG
Starting to freeze on commercials..danger zone
PatAg
AG
strange
Malachi Constant
AG
Who is the woman at the diner?
gumby579
AG
My brain went to prostitute from the Dick Whitman childhood
BioAg08
AG
Ken won the episode. His big F.U. to the company about now being their hard-to-please client was great.

Roger and Ted's staches made me laugh out loud.

I think the waitress reminded him of Rachel (I don't see a resemblance personally), which started his dream, leading to him reaching out and learning of her death? That or the *****house connection.

Rachel has been my favorite of all of Don's women, so it was nice to ''see'' her again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.