*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,196 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sepinwall posted an interview with Matthew Weiner on HitFix about the final season. On a phone, otherwise would link.
TCTTS
AG
First three official pics just hit. Definitely surprised to see Don and Megan together, but these are just marketing stills, so who knows...

TCTTS
AG
And here's the link Quinn was referring to. Lot of great season seven info from Weiner. Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/mad-men-creator-matthew-weiner-previews-final-season
Quinn
AG
Wow, the Meg and Don picture is really surprising to me. I thought they were completely done with her, and I was kind of ready for them to be. Just think that her story is played out.
EllisCoAg
AG
love Roger's style, so rave
Rudyjax
AG
So i take it he gets his job back?

I really shouldnt read these since these are all minor spoilers.
TCTTS
AG
Unthought Known, I wouldn't put much stock in these pics. I seriously doubt these are scenes from the show. Rather, this is probably just a promotional photo shoot. Much like last season when they released a series of black-and-white promo pics of all the characters at a single party - a party that was never actually shown on-screen. Granted, these photos probably hint at more than those did, but still.
BioAg08
AG
Interesting interview. I am with you TCTTS, I would put no stock into these pictures indicating anything. Weiner seems to run a really tight ship with regard to spoilers leaking, and even said somewhere that these are just sensational promotion. I do think air travel and the idea of having a bi-coastal marriage and agency with east and now west coast offices us a major theme, though.

I remember the season of Fat Betty... the promo pics for that season showed her thin and styled similarly to before.

Air travel was really a glamorous novelty in the sixties. Now you walk through an airport and see pajamas, slippers, and people that give zero ****s.

[This message has been edited by BioAg08 (edited 3/12/2014 10:06p).]
TCTTS
AG
The rest of the promo shots have just been released, with a lot more cast. Judging by these pictures, this season looks like a ton of fun...

http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/photo-galleries/mad-men-season-7-cast-photos/#/0
95_Aggie
AG
Megan looks hideous
Quinn
AG
quote:
Megan looks hideous

I agree. Hopefully that's on purpose?
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
Megan looks hideous

I agree. Hopefully that's on purpose?

She has always had bad teeth.
TCTTS
AG
New promo...

http://bcove.me/opblf56m

I don't think Mad Men has ever done any kind of video footage - with NEW footage - ahead of a season like this. Granted, again, this all promo stuff/no actual footage from season seven, but still pretty cool nonetheless.
InternetFan02
AG
ttt

Season 6 released on Netflix today! 2 weeks away from premier
TCTTS
AG
First official review of the season seven premiere is up, and it's a pretty glowing one. And while there are no real "spoilers," it does reveal quite a few details, so read at your own risk (I only skimmed)...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/mad-men-tv-review-692864
hatchback
AG
Watchlisted!

Cannot freaking wait for this season!
J.P. 03
AG
Here's something to hold you over until next Sunday. Looks like Jon Hamm wasn't always as smooth as we give him credit for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go7umPwXmJA

Spoiler alert: she ends up picking one of the other dudes.

Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
Let's get analyze-y:

Is Don's look in that shot one of defiance? Anger?

Definitely gives off a time-to-get-sh*t-done vibe.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/6/2014 3:59p).]

I had the same question but decided his expression gives off "Don't want to do this or be here but..."

Maybe that's pretty close to "time to get s*** done".
TCTTS
AG
Just re-watched the season six finale in preparation for Sunday and I misremembered a couple points in my initial post...

- There's no indication from the finale that Stan is actually going to California. Stan could have easily made his way there by the time season seven opens, but only Ted and Pete are for sure going by the end of the finale.

- Things didn't necessarily end between Don and Megan. I remembered that scene being much more dramatic and final than it actually was. Don basically tells Megan they're not going to California any more, she gets pissed and goes off about how he just wants to be alone all the time and get drunk, she doesn't see the point in trying anymore, etc., then grabs her coat to go on a walk and think. Granted, things aren't left well between them, and she's not with Don and the kids on Thanksgiving, but they could definitely still be together at the outset of season seven (and it looks like they still are).

- I didn't mention this in the OP, but why did I think Bob Benson had been fired? For some reason I thought he was done at SCDP. Yes, he hit on Pete, and then purposely botched the whole Chevy deal by embarrassing him as well, but his last scene was with Joan and Roger at her place on Thanksgiving, in great spirits. So I guess he's still around (even though that actor has been full-time on a CBS sitcom since the summer, so who knows).

Regardless, I can't wait 'til Sunday. The season premiere is called "Time Zones," which lends more credence to the idea of Don and Megan potentially being a bicoastal couple (along with SCDP being a bicoastal company). If I had to guess, Don probably "won" Megan back on his leave of absence over the holidays in California, but will return to New York solo (though still married) at some point during the premiere. I've heard a lot of this season actually takes place in California, so it looks like Don, along with the season, will split time between NY and LA, which could be awesome. The California episodes have always been some of my favorite.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/8/2014 10:41p).]
TCTTS
AG
Awesome new 30-second promo spot set to Bowie's perfectly-appropriate "The Man Who Sold the World," released in the spring of 1970, likely right around, if not just after, the time period Mad Men will end...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154022533550327
Sex Panther
AG
^

That was awesome
Quinn
AG
Did Bob not end up in Detroit? I thought he got the position there after Pete couldn't drive the stick shift. Either way, hopefully Bob Benson will be around as he was one of the most entertaining characters on TV for me last year.
TCTTS
AG
Pete finds out Manolo likely threw his mother off the cruise ship, and since Manolo was Bob's recommendation, Pete goes off on Bob in the elevator on their way to Detroit...

Once they're at GM, Bob then sets Pete up to fail by recommending he give the stick shift a a quick test in the lobby. Pete tries, knocks over the GM sign, and then the head GM guy gets pissed that Pete can't even drive stick and storms off.

Next time we see Pete, he's arriving back at SCDP, and says something to the effect of "You didn't hear?" to his secretary, and makes it sound like the GM deal is over, but it's not very clear. The next time we see Bob, he's in good spirits and celebrating Thanksgiving with Joan and Roger.

So yeah, it's weird that the GM incident is never really addressed, and that Bob is still around, all things considered. Either way, again, it'll be tough for that actor (James Wolk) to do double duty between Mad Men and his CBS show, but hopefully they were able to work out the scheduling.
Quinn
AG
Gottch. My memory was fuzzy, but from a show perspective it would make sense if they moved on from that plot line. Need to find some time and go back and watch a couple episodes before Sunday.
Sex Panther
AG
Alison Brie handles it pretty well between Mad Men and Community.

You gotta keep Bob Benson on the show. He's fascinating.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Forgot about that Manolo/cruise ship storyline. Thought it was silly/over the top for an otherwise outstanding show.
Ervin Burrell
AG
DP.

[This message has been edited by Ervin Burrell (edited 4/9/2014 8:16p).]
Enzo The Baker
AG
Can't wait! Although I'm overseas. Anyone know a good site to catch the episodes (other than torrents)?
MW03
AG
I thought Roger "threatened" Bob and was somewhat discouraged when Bob was at Thanksgiving because he couldn't intimidate him out of the office. Am I off?
TCTTS
AG
^ That's exactly right.
TCTTS
AG
One more day...
YouBet
AG
I think Roger threatened him but I also remember Roger either being told to get over it or come to grips with it and I seem to remember him accepting her fact that Bob was going to be around.
fta09
AG
Here is a quick slideshow refresher for last season for those of you who can't remember everything.
hatchback
AG
quote:
At work, Pete is forced to work with the annoyingly helpful Bob Benson (James Wolk).

This made me LOL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.