*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,145 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why does everyone get all hung up on counterculture and hippies? That lifestyle has been overrepresented in TV and film.

If an extraterrestrial were to watch movies or TV from the that time period, he would incorrectly conclude America was all about bearded pot heads banging acid-tripping chicks with LOTS of body hair.

OldArmy71
AG
Good question. The answer is that the media and Hollywood are filled with liberals, for whatever reason. These people either were hippies in the '60s or identify with their ideology/lifestyle, to the degree that there was any sort of cohesion in the ideology.
Topher17
AG
After an extremely busy week, I finally was able to watch the final episode tonight! I loved it, but didn't quite understand the final scene with Bert until reading yalls take on it.
It is really a shame AMC decided to split this into two seasons. It was a model perfect for a show like Breaking Bad, but not for Mad Men. Also, I'm a little selfish and don't want to wait a whole year for the final seven episodes.
GIF Reactor
AG
I agree. It is going to be a long wait until next year. The 7 episodes went by way too fast this season.

I'm sure this has already been said, but when others were discussing what they thought the show ending would be, I didn't see anything of what I consider to be the most obvious. In the shows opening, we always see Don (or what I've assumed is Don) faling past a series of ads and then looking at a blank canvas. I've just assumed that meant his life as Don Draper and all it entailed - advertising, women, alcohol, etc - would fall away some how and he would be left with a blank slate, trying to discern, "where do I go from here? " Whether that happens as Don or Dick, I'm not sure. I think it ends like a lot of the episodes have ended, with Don silent, gazing off into oblivion, pondering his next move.
heisatouchdown
AG
Maybe I missed something... but when did Don and Megan decide to get a divorce? I thought they were still trying to make it work?
Smokedraw01
There was a brief conversation on the phone and it was just understood. He said he would take care of her.
BallerStaf2003
AG
It was also implied when she went to NYC to get all Her clothes.
TCTTS
AG
First two images from the final seven episodes. Not much, but it's something. Mad Men returns April 5...

TCTTS
AG
Another new pic just released. Honestly surprised to see Megan back. Thought we were done with her for sure...

Al Bula
AG
quote:
Another new pic, just released. Honestly surprised to see Megan back. Thought we were for sure done with her...

Megan...

I would hold her in my arms and make romance explosions on her stomach!!! Very nice!

Quinn
AG
I'm surprised that Megan is back as well. Not really sure what else there is to her story unless its her asking Don for money, which we have already seen. Hopefully they don't spend too much time on her (not bc I think she is a bad actress, but bc her storyline is of a lesser interest to me).
95_Aggie
AG
At this point Weiner is keeping Megan around just to spite the fans.
MW03
AG
quote:
At this point Weiner is keeping Megan around just to spite the fans.
You rang?

MW03
AG
PS, in real life, that kid's name is Marten Holden Weiner.

Apparently, Matthew is truly a *******. At least he didn't hyphenate it.
Bunk Moreland
watching the entire series over before the start of this final half of final season. Currently on s1e8. Man it's crazy to go back and re-watch it all. Draper looks much younger. Pete had no true career in accounts, angling for Don's job...and Kinsey was just a pretentious ****, and not a pretentious beatnik ****.

Also just recently watched possibly my favorite scene/moment from the show...when Don gets his revenge on Roger's indiscretions by walking up 23 flights of stairs after countless drinks and oysters. Greatness.
Sex Panther
AG
Can't wait for this. Really anxious to see how they decide to end it.
Quinn
AG
I need to go back through and watch them all, too. I watched the lawnmower episode last night, and it is still great. I don't remember an episode with Don running up the stairs, though.
Bunk Moreland
It stemmed from Roger making a pass at Betty. He basically apologized to Don by giving him a bottle of booze and saying "we've all tried to park in the wrong garage before"...

an episode or 2 later, Roger and Don are getting hammered at lunch and eating oysters celebrating getting the Nixon campaign account(who they are fixing to meet back at the office). Don helps keep the eating of oysters and boozing up just to when Roger can barely stay standing and coherent. When they get back to the office, the elevator is "down," and they have to go up the stairs.

Don beats Roger upstairs with ease. When Roger finally gets up there, he pukes in front of the Nixon people and keels over.

Don just gives him a smirk and a "you ok?"...but with one of those "don't you ever make a pass at my wife again, and here's me subtly reminding you why I'm still the BAMF, and you're just an old gray hair"

One of the greater moments between Roger and Don.
Sex Panther
AG
Bunk didn't Don actually pay the lobby attendant to say that the elevator was broken? I thought I remembered him orchestrating the whole thing, including ordering tray after tray of oysters and booze, knowing that they'd have to walk the stairs.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah I was just editing my post a bit.

Once Roger does the whole "parked in the wrong garage," Don basically puts the subtle plan into motion, gets him liquored and full of oysters, and then paid Hollis to have the elevator be "down."
'03ag
Key point. Don paid off the elevator attendant to make sure they weren't operating when they got back
Bunk Moreland
TCTTS
AG
Good gosh.
Sex Panther
AG
Megan is ridiculously sexy
Bunk Moreland
Quinn
AG
Flo is in the pilot episode?? And the pilot episode is hilariously sexist, racist, and old school. Funny to see how everything has changed (and stayed the same) throughout the series.
Quinn
AG
Complete set of season 7 part II promo pics via Hitfix.
TCTTS
AG
I was literally coming here to post MY complete set!

http://www.projectionlistblog.com/blog/2015/2/19/first-look-mad-men-the-final-episodes
InternetFan02
AG
Now Peggy's in Red! Don's prostitution issues take another drastic turn lol
TCTTS
AG
Hell yes. This is great. The official trailer, which is just the photo shoot come to life, but done in an awesome, '70s way...

http://bcove.me/41vee7yc
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Hell yes. This is great. The official trailer, which is just the photo shoot come to life, but done in an awesome, '70s way...

http://bcove.me/41vee7yc

Badass... lol at Pete's hair
chick79
AG
I still need to watch first half of season 7. Anyone know if this will be on Netflix steaming soon or will AMC replay before the second half begins?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I still need to watch first half of season 7. Anyone know if this will be on Netflix steaming soon or will AMC replay before the second half begins?

I'm sure AMC will replay it
TCTTS
AG
Interesting...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/02/mad-men-set-in-the-70s-trailer
MW03
AG
Looks like a 1969 Camaro to me, and I can't see Harry buying a used car. I'm guessing it's 1970 when the tobacco regulations hit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.