*** Official MAD MEN seventh and final season thread ***

202,157 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is the thing about that whole situation. It didnt take knowledge to get it.
PatAg
AG
As out of nowhere as it seemed, that exchange with the headmaster was completely in keeping with what we know about Pete Campbell's life. Everything about him, when you see him meet new people or interact in public, is about his family and their history.
Rudyjax
AG
In that society, its not hard to beleive 300 year old feuds would xome in play.
Joan Wilder
AG
What a great episode. Peggy asking Stan to stay on the phone with her, as they did when they worked apart was so great. I love their friendship.

I loved how they frames the partners against the windows after Hobart dropped the bomb on them. Echoed the shot of the 5 partners scouting the new office space.

The headhunter looked so familiar to me and I looked him up- the guy who referred to himself in 3rd person on Seinfeld . "Jimmy's gonna get you, Kramer! Jimmy likes Elaine. Elaine is just jimmys type".
Malachi Constant
AG
et98
AG
quote:
The scene in the bar when roger says bye to don when he leaves to go see Marie seemed like a last goodbye, though neither of them realize it yet.
I felt the same way about Joan hugging each guy goodbye, one by one, before she left the bar. It had more of a "goodbye forever" feel to it than just a "good night, and I'll see you tomorrow" feel to it.
StringerBell
AG
don saying "what's in a name" at the bar with roger made me smile.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
The scene in the bar when roger says bye to don when he leaves to go see Marie seemed like a last goodbye, though neither of them realize it yet.
I felt the same way about Joan hugging each guy goodbye, one by one, before she left the bar. It had more of a "goodbye forever" feel to it than just a "good night, and I'll see you tomorrow" feel to it.
Agree on Joan. She knows she won't survive at ME or be respected at all, so I think she'll just take the marriage way out. She does seem to really care for him and he's rich, so win-win.
Bunk Moreland
If I were Joan, I'd show up every day and meddle/be distracting just enough to annoy the ME partners into buying her out and freeing her from her contract, but also getting all the money she is owed.
Topher17
AG
quote:
don saying "what's in a name" at the bar with roger made me smile.
This also made me smile. There were several other references in the episode to Don being happy out in California.

I think the end for Peggy will make the viewer decide if she becomes the female version of Don. I believe it will allude to her coming up with the Coke add, but the viewer will have to decide if it truly made her happy, or if she will lead an unhappy life always searching for what's next, similar to Don.

Quinn
AG
Just FYI, per twitter, Weiner said that Maidenform (S2E6) is his favorite episode at a 92 Y talk tonight.
Thought that was funny bc I'm pretty sure it didn't show up on a single list of must watch episodes that anyone posted.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Interesting. I'll have to look that one up
Bunk Moreland
interesting choice. That episode definitely had a ton going on. Duck and Don were at odds. Kinsey came up with the Jackie v Marilyn campaign for Maidenform, Peggy was handling the account as sort of the lead creative for the first time
InternetFan02
AG
Maidenform was a solid episode but doesn't really stand out imo. I didn't like the uncomfortable stuff they had Peggy do but it revealed more of her character in that she was committed to succeeding in the business above all - maybe Weiner is foreshadowing that Peggy will continue to try to blaze a trail in a Mans world all the way to the end.

The Don vs Duck stuff was the best - this was where Duck's alcoholism was really explored.

Most memorable scene was Bobbi Barrett playfully telling Don that he was living up to his reputation in the bedroom, which sent him on a downward spiral as he realized what a disgusting womanizer he is.

Maidenform:
quote:
Peggy is disappointed that her co-workers are not including her in their business meetings, so Joan offers her advice to try and change that. Duck is made to take care of his dog after his estranged family visits the office.

GreasenUSA
AG
Don is going AWOL.
gumby579
AG
Bert
GreasenUSA
AG
Joan's had enough. Don gave it a small try. Peggy can't get in. Roger can't even bring himself to show up to the new office.
et98
AG
Pete seems to be the only one enjoying the move.
fav13andac1)c
AG
The previews are always so worthless. You literally can't gather any context.
TexasAggie008
AG
What is the end game with Betty ? 2 scenes in the previews ...
gumby579
AG
Bowie!!
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Interesting choice of Major Tom for the credits. Every time space is mentioned on the show there is a connection to death.
TexasAggie008
AG
Surprised no one mentioned how don was checking out his office window, and the fact that it opens (I think)

Still don't think they go that route though
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Surprised no one mentioned how don was checking out his office window, and the fact that it opens (I think)

Still don't think they go that route though

It was a bad seal.
20ag07
quote:
the end game with Betty ? 2 scenes in the previews ...
Obviously the end game is whether or not she actually stops brushing her hair.
Scotch
AG
quote:
Interesting choice of Major Tom for the credits. Every time space is mentioned on the show there is a connection to death.
So space is like an orange for Mad Men?
4stringAg
AG
Great scene with Roger and Peggy
AgLaw
AG
quote:

Harry said McCann was "ground control" when he was talking to Roger. Don is lost in space, and ground control has lost contact.

Leading perfectly into my predicted last scene where Don introduces himself as Dick Whitman.

Great episode.
SwaggerCopter
AG
Yeah it seems we're headed back to being Dick, which I think is why he's so interested in Diana - running being the theme.
TCTTS
AG
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
These past two episodes have been on fire. I have NO CLUE where this is all going, and I absolutely love it. All I know is that I want to live inside this show forever.
TCTTS
AG
I also REALLY want that painting.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dream of the Fisherman's Wife is easy to find if you really want a print.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.