The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

186,590 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keegan99 said:

Could see Rocker available for a short start or middle relief for Wednesday, but that's about it. Doubt his family or MLB front offices will want to see Corbin try anything more than that.
Yeah, that's in play as well.

I figure he could give them an inning or two, since he'd likely be throwing a bullpen session that day anyway.
W
AG
so from a "tainted" championship standpoint...

is the title tainted if State wins it?

Vandy for sure.

but State had to play the #2 overall seed (t.u.) three times to advance
jja79
AG
These are just exhibition games at this point.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Aggies2009 said:

I'm guessing Vandy will be without Rocker for the entire series? He threw 120 or so

111 is what it says in the box score. I think he'll pitch as a middle reliever if the game is tight or if the starter struggles in game 3. He'll have 4 days rest and it'll be the last game of the year. I don't think Corbin would have any problem pitching him if there was a need. Nobody should have a problem with him going back out there as a one time thing in a national championship deciding game but just my opinion
TyHolden
AG
Who's the favorite in Vegas then?
jkag89
W said:

Vandy for sure.

It certainly sucks for NC State but this SNAFU is not the fault of MSU or Vandy, Just my
Goose06
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

It certainly sucks for NC State but this SNAFU is not the fault of MSU or Vandy, Just my

Not vandys fault, but they received an unfair advantage that will directly benefit them against MSU (not to mention that helped them get to play MSU). Definitely tainted if Vandy wins.
MSU/SECALUM
W said:

Vandy for sure.

Saw a poll where fans are pulling for State to win this since they won their side of the bracket. I fell bad for NC State and their team and fans but we didn't have anything to do with what happened to NC state. I hope we schedule a series with NC state this coming season it won't make it any easier for NC State and their fans but it would be a good series against a quality opponent lets hope this happens,
greg.w.h
AG
Goose06 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Not vandys fault, but they received an unfair advantage that will directly benefit them against MSU (not to mention that helped them get to play MSU). Definitely tainted if Vandy wins.
Not really unless you believe occasional rain outs during the season taint the entire season. You're escalating a political argument with a fallacy. Try to stick to the politics and the appropriate board to argue the politics.
aggietony2010
AG
greg.w.h said:

Goose06 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Not really unless you believe occasional rain outs during the season taint the entire season. You're escalating a political argument with a fallacy. Try to stick to the politics and the appropriate board to argue the politics.

Since when do rainouts allow one team to advance and not the other?
Aggies2009
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Saw a poll where fans are pulling for State to win this since they won their side of the bracket. I fell bad for NC State and their team and fans but we didn't have anything to do with what happened to NC state. I hope we schedule a series with NC state this coming season it won't make it any easier for NC State and their fans but it would be a good series against a quality opponent lets hope this happens,
Good luck Dawgs! Cheering for you guys!
03_Aggie
aggietony2010 said:

greg.w.h said:

Goose06 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Since when do rainouts allow one team to advance and not the other?

The advantage of a free day of rest, not free advancement.
MSU/SECALUM
Aggies2009 said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Good luck Dawgs! Cheering for you guys!
Thank you we will need all the luck we can get. McLeod has been named the game 1 starter he hasn't done anything good in 6 weeks so this is going to fall on the shoulders of Bednar and Sims and I'm waiting for a let down by 1 or both of them. Someone is going to step up that hasn't done so so far and Rocker & Leiter are not going to be easy to overcome.
Goose06
AG
greg.w.h said:

Goose06 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

1. How is this a politics discussion? A baseball team was allowed to advance without playing their opponent. Its a baseball discussion.

2. How is this at all like a rainout? Had it been a rainout, they still would have played the game, just on a different day. Had they played the game, they certainly may have lost, even in the overmatched scenario where NC State was forced to play just with their vaccinated players as they had on Friday. Additionally, they would have had to burn Leiter. Avoiding the game altogether, they are able to start a fully rested Leiter in game 1 instead of him being completely unavailable for the championship series had Vandy been forced to play a game even against a depleted NC State team.

So yeah, in my mind, Vandy has been given an unfair advantage and their championship if they win it is tainted.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Absolutely agree with you.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
powerbelly
AG
The championship isn't tainted for me because Vandy had no choice in the matter. The NCAA ****ing something up isn't new.
HossAg
AG
If vandy wins, there will always be the what if question, though. I guess there will be to a lesser extent with MSST, but at least their side of the bracket was unaffected.
Fat Black Swan
AG
aggietony2010
AG
HossAg said:

If vandy wins, there will always be the what if question, though. I guess there will be to a lesser extent with MSST, but at least their side of the bracket was unaffected.

Yep, Vandy got into the need to win two in a row situation and instead only had to win 1 against a severely shorthanded team.

Miss State however will have won all the games they should have in a normal tournament.

Is it an asterisk Vandy asked for or will give two ****s about if they win? No. But it's still exactly the kind of thing you'd asterisk in a sports almanac, and unusual situation caused by events outside sport (just like many wartime sports championships are asterisked)
Charlie 31
AG
And, the College World Series championship final starts with what else? A rain delay...
PhatMack19
AG
Rain delay
EMY92
AG
This one isn't going off for a while. Rain is expected to hit in an hour, then the rain delay, then warmups.

powerbelly
AG
Charlie 31 said:

And, the College World Series championship final starts with what else? A rain delay...

Gotta love Omaha
aginlakeway
AG
EMY92 said:

This one isn't going off for a while. Rain is expected to hit in an hour, then the rain delay, then warmups.

So starting around 10? Lol.
annie88
AG
jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

So it's not true that Vanderbilt asked for the additional testing?
aginlakeway
AG
annie88 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Kendall Rogers has said very strongly that did not happen. Reporters who posted that via twitter have deleted the tweets. Or been heavily criticized if they're still up and not corrected.
EMY92
AG
No
Ags77
AG
No asterik if Hail State wins it. Sure Vandy got a big break not having to throw Leiter, but hard to blame the Vandy boys for that.
Bunk Moreland
aginlakeway said:

annie88 said:

jkag89 said:

W said:

Vandy for sure.

Kendall Rogers has said very strongly that did not happen. Reporters who posted that via twitter have deleted the tweets. Or been heavily criticized if they're still up and not corrected.

But it was on Twitter! It had to be true.
twk
AG
Works for me. I have to go to a banquet that starts at 7:00.
Keegan99
AG
They'd better play tonight.

If they don't then Vandy would have a rested Rocker back for a third game.
twk
AG
I never bought the Corbin story. I do think we have not heard the full story regarding the local health district's involvement. From what I've seen, I don't think the NCAA made the decision to test the entire NC State roster on its own. I'm pretty sure the local health department was the one pushing that.
Goose06
AG
If a rainout results in vandy getting leiter and rocker on full rest, oh my
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

I never bought the Corbin story. I do think we have not heard the full story regarding the local health district's involvement. From what I've seen, I don't think the NCAA made the decision to test the entire NC State roster on its own. I'm pretty sure the local health department was the one pushing that.
Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggiehunt
AG
So on top of infecting the NC State team with covid, Vandy is now doing cloud seeding to create weather delays so their pitchers will be rested? Where does it end??!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.