The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

186,579 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So let me get this straight. None of the different enities didn't have all of these possibilities legally ironed out before the tournament? That makes no sense. We are talking about millions of lost revenue for both Omaha and ESPN. Not to mention the future ramifications.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

apparently the county health department is involved though. how much power do they hold?
Read above my friend. They are the ones pushing it.

The NCAA was not going to test vaccinated players evidently.

And how do you not test every player at the CWS if this is the protocol?

And would you not have to test all the fans as there are no restrictions and you know the NC State players mingled with their family, friends, girlfriends, etc.

And nobody is sick.

This is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Where is common sense and critical thinking?

I am not going to post which political persuasion is responsible for this idiocy as this is the baseball board.

But there is such a lack of self awareness and unintended consequences.

So you get kids who are unable to play for their dreams, fans who spent thousands of dollars and are screwed, local businesses who live off of this every year..and nobody is sick to my knowledge.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
sincereag
And college baseball fans get screwed out of watching a game that will decide who gets to play in the championship series. This is soooooo wrong on many accounts.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

tylercsbn9 said:

Dominion Caracas Branch said:

VegasAg86 said:

RAB91 said:

Branch Covidians spoil everything....

I really hope this isn't true.

At this point, it isn't a political issue but one of ncaa corruption and incompetence. The ACC/NCSt need to lawyer up.

Here is apparently the reason the vaccinated kids got tested

The NCAA championship rules state that vaccinated players don't have to be tested. However their rules were supersede by Douglas County (Nebraska) Health Department. Who had the entire NC State traveling team tested.
Wow! Time to break the contract if that's true. Unforgivable to let some local busybody derail an event that brings in close to $100 million every year.
Bingo.

Can the NCAA sue the Douglas County Health Department?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
sincereag said:

And college baseball fans get screwed out of watching a game that will decide who gets to play in the championship series. This is soooooo wrong on many accounts.
Selfishly I agree.

Think if you are the parents of a NC State player who are not that well off financially and just took two weeks off of work and spent your retirement money to watch your son play.

This is the biggest deal in your family's life.

And some dweeb in the Douglas County Health Department had to be the big guy.

And spare me the "safety and health" crap. Who is sick?

You have a bigger chance getting hurt or killed in a car wreck going to the stadium than from Covid.
Mark Fairchild
AG
I just have to believe that this was planned. Don't know who the victim team was supposed to be, but this stinks of premeditated and deliberate action.
dermdoc
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

I just have to believe that this was planned. Don't know who the victim team was supposed to be, but this stinks of premeditated and deliberate action.
I respectfully disagree my good friend.

Having worked with health departments all you need is one "Deputy Dawg" who thinks they are saving the world and you get this.

Keegan99
AG
Yup. This is a dimwit bureaucrat given a little bit of power.
CampingAg
AG
It sucks and has been completely mishandled, but why would the NCAA go out of their way to rig something for Vandy baseball? It's okay to say that somebody messed up without putting on your tin foil hat.
dermdoc
AG
After hearing about the Health Department being the origin of this, I would imagine the NCAA is not very happy either.

Nosmo
AG
COVID-19 scare leaves Wolfpack with 13 players for CWS game

Quote:

Avent told reporters Monday that an illness was running through the team but made no mention of it possibly being COVID-19. He said associate head coach Chris Hart had been sick for five or six days and that Jarrett and pitcher Cameron Cotter weren't feeling well.

I can't say that Avent is squeaky clean on this situation. How would you not suspect Covid?
dermdoc
AG
Nosmo said:

COVID-19 scare leaves Wolfpack with 13 players for CWS game

Quote:

Avent told reporters Monday that an illness was running through the team but made no mention of it possibly being COVID-19. He said associate head coach Chris Hart had been sick for five or six days and that Jarrett and pitcher Cameron Cotter weren't feeling well.

I can't say that Avent is squeaky clean on this situation. How would you not suspect Covid?
So if it is COVID, why can't they play unless they are too sick to?

Mark Fairchild
AG
I will defer to your expertise.
dermdoc
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

I will defer to your expertise.
Not so much expertise as exposure to these types of folks.
jkag89
jja79 said:

Champion won't be legitimate. No reason to watch anymore. Freed up some time.
Over reaction. This SNAFU is not the fault of any of the remaining teams in the field.
TexasRebel
AG
somebody tell them that whistling spreads COVID.
Mark Fairchild
AG
I can't give you enough blue stars for your post.
Nosmo
AG
I'm saying if Avent had sick players / coaches he should have been more aware of what could happen (i.e. expanded Covid testing).

With so much at stake, I would assume NC State had people that would know or could find out what might happen if it was Covid.
TexasRebel
AG
I've been thinking about it and…

wouldn't a recent vaccination trigger a false positive?
Mark Fairchild
AG
So when are they going to announce if they are testing Vanderbilt players for Covid?
Mark Fairchild
AG
BINGO.
dermdoc
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

So when are they going to announce if they are testing Vanderbilt players for Covid?
If they are not hypocrites, they should test every player and fan as I posted above.
dermdoc
AG
Nosmo said:

I'm saying if Avent had sick players / coaches he should have been more aware of what could happen (i.e. expanded Covid testing).

With so much at stake, I would assume NC State had people that would know or could find out what might happen if it was Covid.

I hear you and you are correct.

I have a huge problem with why are they testing players for COVID with full stadiums and no masks.

I hate hypocrisy.
Bondag
AG
Wait a week or 10 days til all players are cleared

Best of 3 series on either side

Then a best of 3 finals.

Let the health department foot the bill for their actions.
dermdoc
AG
Okay guys and ladies.

We can not do anything about the Douglas County Health department except send them donuts.

Time to pull for maroon and white!

Break out that cowbell!

BTHO the sips!

Nosmo
AG
Without a doubt it's screwed up. And I'm not advocating that Covid NCAA protocols make sense, but sure looks like Avent knew he was going to be dodging a bullet.

This past year all you heard, from every coach in every sport, was how their life was miserable from all the testing and Covid issues. When his first player /coach got sick, I'm guessing his first thought was to expect the worst.

I think his comments after the game of being so surprised were not totally honest.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Fat Black Swan
AG

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
That would cause me to have a rage stroke if that happened to us.
dermdoc
AG
Not sure I believe that.

Would that not mean that Vandy would get tested also? Even if vaccinated?
Fat Black Swan
AG
That seems to be the NC State side because its pretty consistent with the stuff trickling out in their 247 site's thread on it.
swimmerbabe11
I just dont see Corbin as that guy.
dermdoc
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

That seems to be the NC State side because its pretty consistent with the stuff trickling out in their 247 site's thread on it.
Now that I believe.

I would be pissed too.
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I just dont see Corbin as that guy.
Agree.

And this is the CWS. All the players want to do is play.

1stGenAg01
AG
If this is true, then I've lost a ton of respect for Coach Corbin over the last 24 hours. Still can't believe he was able to convince the umpiring crew to change their fair/foul call in the game yesterday after it was obvious the 3B umpire blew the initial call and there was evidence on the chalk line of where the ball hit. I could understand arguing that only a single be awarded instead of presuming a double after the foul call was signaled, but to pursue it to the degree that you expect the batter to go back to the box is gutless. I hope Miss St. takes care of business and beats the hell out of Vandy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.