The 2021 Omaha Scoreboard

180,620 Views | 2294 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

TexasRebel said:

NC State is out

Kind of blows a hole in your ncaa conspiracy theory.

It really doesn't.
Now if Vandy happens to beat t.u. there is a "never should've been there," excuse.

The whole thing is f-ked up.

So now, since Vandy was in CQ with COVID+ vaxxees do they all get tested, too?

What happens when they all have to sit now?

Do we finally admit false positives? That they've no idea what they are looking for?

If any cross contamination or CoC discrepancy issue arises and I'm NC State, I'd sue the pants off of the NCAA and gather as many other schools I could find to join me.
94chem
aginlakeway said:

hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

It's not a take. It's a fact.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. But it's a fact that if the entire team was vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened. Fact. Not a take. Unclear how a fact can be a stupid take.

Not true. Vaccinated have tested positive.

Yes it is a fact.

The NCAA only tested nonvaccinated players. Those nonvaccinated players testing positive is what prompted the testing of the vaccinated players.

Again, this is all ridiculous. But it is a fact that if the entire team had been vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened because then no players would have been tested. I don't agree with this. But those are the facts.

...and unfortunately, I am concerned that it shows how the unvaxxed are going to be causing more bureaucratic and government control for everyone.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aginlakeway
AG
I suspect major college football teams will be 100% vaccinated.
94chem
aginlakeway said:

I suspect major college football teams will be 100% vaccinated.

$100 million athletic budgets fed completely off football. Yeah, I'd guess so. I wouldn't even recruit players who won't get the shots. My daughter has to have it to enroll in college. This could be the Big 10's chance to win something.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
GarryowenAg
AG
Good luck with that. Jimbo previously mentioned there are several guys on the team who don't want to get vaccinated.
AggieBand2004
AG
94chem said:

aginlakeway said:

hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Why wasn't the entire team vaccinated? Just like Rahm at Memorial. Get vaccinated = no tests = no chance of this happening.

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. But it's a fact that if the entire team was vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened. Fact. Not a take. Unclear how a fact can be a stupid take.

Yes it is a fact.

The NCAA only tested nonvaccinated players. Those nonvaccinated players testing positive is what prompted the testing of the vaccinated players.

Again, this is all ridiculous. But it is a fact that if the entire team had been vaccinated, this wouldn't have happened because then no players would have been tested. I don't agree with this. But those are the facts.

...and unfortunately, I am concerned that it shows how the unvaxxed are going to be causing more bureaucratic and government control for everyone.

The ones who aren't kowtowing to a gov't pushed vaccine are the ones causing more gov't control?
aginlakeway
AG
FWIW

I just spoke with a family member of a Texas player. Team has been 100% vaccinated for a month.
TexasRebel
AG
Test 'em anyway.
annie88
AG
Such BS. Doubt the kids even feel bad and we know many times there can be false positives.

NC State getting screwed.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
tylercsbn9
AG
So Vandy doesn't get tested because they're vaccinated but all NC State kids get tested, even the vaccinated, and a bunch of them pop positive so they have to forfeit. Did I get that right?

Par for the course with the reaction to COVID19. Doing **** that makes absolutely zero sense for the illusion of safety.
powerbelly
AG
I hate this for the NCST kids.
trouble
AG
No, unvaccinated players and staff are being tested every other day. Vaccinated players and staff are only being tested if they have close contact with someone with a positive test.

I think these rules are freaking ridiculous too but all the teams were aware of them prior to the tournament starting.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Stupid!!!!!

The virus is not transmitted outdoors. Can't believe we're still doing this. And y'all know where I've been during this.

Marcus making this statement tells you all you need to know about how political and stupid this decision is.
tjack16
AG
Two thoughts/questions

1. If they were able to play yesterday with 13, why can't they do that again today? I know that would really suck but I bet the NC State players and coaches would do it. (Maybe I missed if they had more close contact absences that would have affected today)

2. If Vandy wins it all, there has to the an asterisk right?
W
AG
if N.C. State had won yesterday...

the Wolfpack and tonight's State-t.u. winner should be named co-champions for 2021...and the final series cancelled
Goose06
AG
W said:

the Wolfpack and tonight's State-t.u. winner should be named co-champions for 2021...and the final series cancelled

Either that or just delay the series 2 weeks
TexDill15
AG
W said:

Kendall Rogers just said tonight's winner would have been the National champion not co-champs.

His tweet won't link for me.
floridAG
AG
While I understand these protocols were in place before the CWS, this puts an asterisk on any outcome from the tournament. NCSt had a real chance to win today. So this outcome automatically screws them. If Vandy wins, everyone will question whether they deserved to be there, which screws them. It also gives Vandy an extra day of rest that they didn't earn and puts either texas or MSU at a disadvantage. Even without that advantage, there's no telling how either would fare against NCSt. Just feel bad for every team involved.
trouble
AG
aginlakeway
AG
TexDill15 said:

W said:

Kendall Rogers just said tonight's winner would have been the National champion not co-champs.

That's probably correct. Because NC State would have forfeited.

TexDill15
AG
aginlakeway said:

TexDill15 said:

W said:

That's probably correct. Because NC State would have forfeited.

Imagine never losing in Omaha and leaving without the National Championship. I'd be in Indy burning the NCAA offices down.
Aggies2009
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

aginlakeway said:

AggieBand2004 said:

Some recent posts are disappearing that shouldn't be disappearing.

Covid related deletions. Just following protocol.

Then 90% of the last 3 pages would need to disappear. I don't like the idea of TA mods taking sides.

They've taken sides from the get go. They allow discussions to go on until it doesn't go the way of corona bros and then it's swiftly deleted. They literally gave them their own echo chamber forum on this site.
8e8Ag
AG
NC State had beaten Kopps, Leiter, Beck. Each regarded as their teams' ace and some of the best arms in college bb. Almost beat Rocker with their scrubs. They would've factored heavily in the final results or at least altered Vandy's strategy.

There can be no legitimate champion now. May as well call the rest of it off. Any recognition of a champ will be a joke.

W
AG
TexDill15 said:

W said:

that would be a really, really big deal for Mississippi State --- a chance to win their first title
Bondag
AG
Goose06 said:

W said:

Either that or just delay the series 2 weeks
You will have at most 2 weeks to see if everyone tests negative.

You have 3 teams to stick around for an extra 2 weeks.

COO of Apple went to NC State. Let him foot the bill.
HECUBUS
AG
A most unfortunate ending for a great team. Of course the gods of baseball play the Covid card.
DGAG92
AG
HECUBUS said:

A most unfortunate ending for a great team. Of course the gods of baseball play the Covid card.

Makes you wonder, had this been Notre Dame instead of NC State, would we be seeing the same result?
Class of 1992
Keegan99
AG

Remember, it's to "protect" the players.

By ruining the biggest moment of their lives even though they are perfectly healthy.
94chem
AggieBand2004 said:

94chem said:

aginlakeway said:

hillcountryag86 said:

aginlakeway said:

96ags said:

aginlakeway said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Forest for the trees.

What a stupid take.

Yes it is a fact.

The ones who aren't kowtowing to a gov't pushed vaccine are the ones causing more gov't control?

Big Brother has got you 9 ways to Tuesday. He probably couldn't be happier that you choose to make your stand on this mole hill.
94chem,
Lance Uppercut
AG
People are aware of their options to be vaccinated and have over a year to weigh the risk of the level they're willing to operate in society. I would be surprised if even 5% of the fans or players that participated in the CWS were operating under the assumption that the NCAA was protecting them from the coronavirus.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

I am concerned that it shows how the unvaxxed are going to be causing more bureaucratic and government control for everyone.

If one party in this quote isn't doing something....and the government is the one exerting bureaucratic and government control for everyone....it seems like a stretch to assign the causing to the unvaxxed people.
hunter2012
AG
The NCAA isn't protecting anyone from the Coronavirus. They're protecting themselves from bad press.
powerbelly
AG
hunter2012 said:

The NCAA isn't protecting anyone from the Coronavirus. They're protecting themselves from bad press.
They are horrible at it too.
94chem
Lance Uppercut said:

People are aware of their options to be vaccinated and have over a year to weigh the risk of the level they're willing to operate in society. I would be surprised if even 5% of the fans or players that participated in the CWS were operating under the assumption that the NCAA was protecting them from the coronavirus.

5% is probably a huge overstatement. This is Omaha, not Honolulu or SF. Virtually nobody thinks this was anything other than bureaucratic meddling. Nobody, to my knowledge, has posted anything different on this thread. Total overreach. The only counterpoint is that there was a way to avoid it.
94chem,
Dominion Caracas Branch
Another nail in the ncaa coffin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.