***Official 2022 - 2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

144,839 Views | 1911 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol with what money? Either pay Kuzma or pay Kyrie. Can't pay both.
M.C. Swag
AG
I still dont see Hendricks slipping but I hope he does.
shack009
AG
You let me have these 28 hours of hope.
zgolfz85
AG
we have to be so strategic with any additions. every addition should be thoroughly analyzed through the lens of "is this guy going to help us keep Luka in Dallas long-term?" Or, we can just go with the typical Mavs desperation approach and hope for the best

tomorrow night can't come soon enough
Guitarsoup
AG

#10 and Bertans for Kristaps
Guitarsoup
AG
M.C. Swag said:

lol with what money? Either pay Kuzma or pay Kyrie. Can't pay both.

As long as you don't hit the apron, you can S&T for Kuz and being back Kyrie. Tough because I think both Kuz and Kyrie think they are worth more than they are
M.C. Swag
AG
Well that's not happening. Lake05 was acting like the Mavs had money to offer specifically to UFA.
shack009
AG
S&Ts also hard cap you so you better be dang sure you have a contender when you do a S&T. Mavs are still pretty far off from contender status with anybody who is a S&T candidate this off-season.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Oops wrong thread
Ol Jock 99
AG
Why are you the way that you are?
zgolfz85
AG
J.P. 03
AG
Porzingis averaged 32 minutes a game for 65 games this season?!? Didn't think he had it in him anymore.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-rumors-dallas-targeting-grant-williams-sign-and-trade-with-celtics

Mavs looking for a S&T for Grant Williams. Kristaps makes him not that needed right?

I also wonder if they look to move Robert Williams now. 3y37mm left on his contract and he misses a ton of games.
shack009
AG
No thanks on Grant or Rob.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Why are you the way that you are?

There's still a chance!
awrollins
Hoping one of Whitmore, Hendricks, or Walker falls to us. If not, all in favor of trading the pick.
Guitarsoup
AG
awrollins said:

Hoping one of Whitmore, Hendricks, or Walker falls to us. If not, all in favor of trading the pick.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Don't think there's any way any of those three are going to be there at 10
shack009
AG
Guitarsoup said:

awrollins said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Don't think there's any way any of those three are going to be there at 10
Certainly not Walker. He isn't falling past 7. There are some questions about the other 2 though. Apparently Washington may be looking at a guard/scorer like Bufkin/JHS/Nick Smith.

I would rather none of them be there so I'm not as disappointed when we trade the pick. If we trade the pick so someone can draft Hendricks or Whitmore and they end up being good, I'll be so sports sad.
M.C. Swag
AG
awrollins said:

If Whitmore falls to 10, I think we can field some very valuable offers for our pick. Atlanta is a team that Whitmore would fit like a glove and I think it may be the push we need to get Capela+15 from them.

If Bufkin and Wallace leap into the top 10 (which isn't crazy), I think Whitmore falling to 10 might be the best case scenario for the Mavs having pick leverage.
Guitarsoup
AG
shack009 said:

Guitarsoup said:

awrollins said:

Certainly not Walker. He isn't falling past 7. There are some questions about the other 2 though. Apparently Washington may be looking at a guard/scorer like Bufkin/JHS/Nick Smith.

I would rather none of them be there so I'm not as disappointed when we trade the pick. If we trade the pick so someone can draft Hendricks or Whitmore and they end up being good, I'll be so sports sad.

Washington and Charlotte would be the only teams that would reach that hard for Nick Smith and JHS. Bufkin is more reasonable
HawthornAggie
AG
Chris Paul to the warriors and Jordan Poole to the Wizards. Did not see that coming.
shack009
AG
I get that the Warriors have buyer's remorse after handing Poole that contract, but I don't see the CP3 fit for them. They are a pass and move team, and Chris Paul is a bit of a ball stopper who doesn't do much moving himself. He would rather direct traffic for 15 seconds then get an assist.
Guitarsoup
AG
CP3 shot 53% on catch and shoot threes last year, so may work.

But cut and stretch more likely imo
M.C. Swag
AG

That's it...Dick is rocketing up my big board!
shack009
AG
I wonder if the Wizards getting Poole makes them more likely to take a wing as opposed to the intel that said they may be looking for a scoring guard there. That would suck...
M.C. Swag
AG
I still think Black is there guy. He has positional versatility and can easily play with Poole or Tyus (or even both if they wanted)
Guitarsoup
AG
M.C. Swag said:

That's it...Dick is rocketing up my big board!
He's a Rocket, man.

Gradey Dick being picked 4th confirmed.
Guitarsoup
AG
shack009 said:

I wonder if the Wizards getting Poole makes them more likely to take a wing as opposed to the intel that said they may be looking for a scoring guard there. That would suck...
Wizards: Stuck as a sub.500 team for years with an overpaid SG.

Trades Beal for bag of skittles.

We need to rebuild:

Immediately trades for Jordan Poole on 4y130mm contract.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2023/06/cavs-receiving-trade-offers-for-jarrett-allen-sources-say.html

Dallas approached Cleveland on THJ and 10 for Jarret Allen
Guitarsoup
AG
MW03
AG
Guitarsoup said:

What's even better is that Eddie Sefko was the Mavs beat writer for the DMN for nearly Dirk's entire career.
shack009
AG
Guitarsoup said:

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2023/06/cavs-receiving-trade-offers-for-jarrett-allen-sources-say.html

Dallas approached Cleveland on THJ and 10 for Jarret Allen
You are fake news. From the article:

Quote:

Sources say the Dallas Mavericks, who own the No. 10 pick in Thursday's NBA Draft and have sharpshooter Tim Hardaway Jr. -- a player the Cavs discussed at the February trade deadline -- were one team that recently reached out about Allen's availability. While it's unclear what was offered, the Mavericks have been seeking a pick-and-roll partner for guards Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving.
J.P. 03
AG
Good point. Mavs probably had to throw in Bertans and JaVale McGee to make it fair.
shack009
AG
Coulibaly to the Pacers at 7. One of Walker/Whitmore/Hendricks will be available at 10.
HawthornAggie
AG
Hendricks or we riot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.