***Official 2022 - 2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

144,756 Views | 1911 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by M.C. Swag
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These are the kind of games that hurt chasing certain playoff spots.
jtstanley4621
AG
Waaaayyyyy too many Bullock shots tonight. Doesn't make sense to keep feeding him if he's missing. Dinwiddie needs to step up more in those sort of situations. I still feel like he's trying too hard to set guys up. Go into attack mode the second Luka is out
ChoppinDs40
AG
we're missing a tried and true scorer like Brunson right now
AndersHolmvik
AG
Brunson wasn't Brunson until late last season. We're struggling to find rhythm with such a ball dominant star, but I do feel like we'll figure it out
jtstanley4621
AG
The formula for a second scorers seems obvious: a combination of Dinwiddie and Wood. Wood is doing a great job so far but both those dudes need to take turns dominating when Luka is out
South Platte
Come on, let's not start this garbage again. I'm tired of the step back prayer at the end of games.
M.C. Swag
AG
AndersHolmvik said:

Brunson wasn't Brunson until late last season. We're struggling to find rhythm with such a ball dominant star, but I do feel like we'll figure it out
Brunson carried this team when Luka missed games. That stuff adds up in seeding. Could be the diff between a 3 or 4 seed and the play-in. So far in both losses, Brunson would have made a big impact in altering the outcome (since both involved 3rd qtr scoring droughts while Luka rested).
PatAg
AG
It is way too early for you all to be carrying on like this.
ChoppinDs40
AG
PatAg said:

I guess but... the Pelicans looked legit... and we still can't defend the rim.

They're not going to shoot 50+% from 3 every game though but without 2 of their best... deadly team.
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

Carrying on like what?
Proposition Joe
I wonder if anyone on the Mavs analytics squad dares let Luka know exactly how many points per game him complaining to the refs and feigning injury like a european soccer player cost the team.

Guy is a superstar. Guy gets beat up a ton. And you can make a case that the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

But when the squeaky wheel is very often squeaking to the refs while the opposition has 5 vs 4 on the other end, it's not really helping things.

And I'm Team Luka... But the guy maturing even a little bit more would probably add +2-3 points to this team every night.
Zachary Klement
AG
Horrrrrrrible turnover by Luka to set up that KD dunk to tie. Man gotta be better than that.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Luka has entered God mode tonight

My goodness
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Silvertaps
AG
Sheesh…good win, could have done without the dramatics there at the end.
jtstanley4621
AG
Pretty sloppy game tonight all things considered. Bullock ends up yet again with more shots than I'd ideally want from him, and I still wish Dinwiddie would be more aggressive. But a win is a win, and it feels very nice to beat a team with Kyrie, KD and Ben Simmons on it. Hold the L Brooklyn
Zachary Klement
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Horrrrrrrible turnover by Luka to set up that KD dunk to tie. Man gotta be better than that.
More than made up for it in OT. This is his MVP year.
GigEmMortis
AG
Was only able to catch the last few minutes of overtime so my apologies if I missed it, but it'll be interesting to see how deep into the season we keep Wood on the bench during crunch time. He is too big of a weapon on offense to keep on the sidelines.

That being said, always great to get a win on the road. Unfortunate it had to be at the expense of Nash though
dave94
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Was only able to catch the last few minutes of overtime so my apologies if I missed it, but it'll be interesting to see how deep into the season we keep Wood on the bench during crunch time. He is too big of a weapon on offense to keep on the sidelines.

That being said, always great to get a win on the road. Unfortunate it had to be at the expense of Nash though
The sooner Nash gets out of there the better. He is not having fun.
Zachary Klement
AG

Thought others might appreciate this. Love having a superstar on the team that is admired league-wide.
NoahAg
GigEmMortis said:

Who cares about Nash? Always great to beat punk ass KD. Especially after him pushing Luka down from behind. I hope Kyrie gets outta there and KD is stuck on a 30 win team.
Let's go, Brandon!
94chem
Luka with a +/- of -25 tonight on 31/16/10. WTH?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
South Platte
I've seen enough. Bag this season and send Luka off the grid. We obviously need another top draft pick to win a title. Blowing a 16 pt lead in the last 4 minutes to a team that couldn't win the Big 12? Bag it up.
M.C. Swag
AG
He was atrocious on D and a lot of his points came in garbage time/stat padding.

The mavs as a team scored TWO points in the final 4:14 seconds of a game that went to overtime.

This was gross and embarrassing.
fightinags2013
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Sloppy at times but that's a solid win after trailing by as much as they did
M.C. Swag
AG
Josh Green with his 7th consecutive game as a "+" player. He doesn't stuff the stat sheet but his hustle and energy impacts the game in a huge way.

And shouts out to Powell. He saved this game.
NoahAg
How am I first to post this?
Luka with 7 30-point games to start the season. First player since Chamberlain to do it. I was really surprised to hear that. None of these guys ever started the season like this:

MJ
Kobe
Shaq
Hakeem
KD
Lebron
Harden
Let's go, Brandon!
AndersHolmvik
AG
Heard that too, pretty awesome stuff out of an in-shape-to-start-the-season Luka
Grapesoda2525
fightinags2013 said:

Reminds me of a playoff game up in Oklahoma that year the mavs won the championship. The mavs were down by 15 points in under 5 minutes to go and game back to win.
South Platte
Good lord we leave zero margin of error.
jtstanley4621
AG
That ended up being much closer than it should have been. The 4th quarter seems to be a bit of a concern early in the year but the good news on the flipside of that is we pretty much should have won every game so far this season. Hopefully as the team continues to gel things improve
Ol Jock 99
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Josh Green with his 7th consecutive game as a "+" player. He doesn't stuff the stat sheet but his hustle and energy impacts the game in a huge way.

And shouts out to Powell. He saved this game.
Green was +1 tonight, so "still counts". Maxi was -16. Ouch.

And Luka with another 30+ night. Have to assume Wilt's record (whatever it is) is untouchable, but still.

edit...record is 23 games. Which is a bit of a surprise; I would have though Wilt would have gone a whole season...
NoahAg
Where is this thread?! Luka, Ho hum, another 36 points. 9 in a row. More important, another beatdown of KD.
Let's go, Brandon!
keithd03
Great start to the season. I would like to win a game without the last second drama. Another double digit lead with ~4 minutes left that turned into a 1 possession game.

Good FT shooting down the stretch was great to see though
gigem1223
Anyone have any idea what a trade would look like for KD? Gotta imagine he may become available if the nets continue down this road. Would be awesome to see him paired with Luka.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.