***Official 2022 - 2023 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

137,061 Views | 1911 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by M.C. Swag
Jeff99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree on all of this. Just keep in mind that Green's minutes have been somewhat limited by habitually getting into foul trouble.
EastSideAg2002
How is this team sooooo bad against really bad teams
M.C. Swag
AG
Cuz we are also a really bad team lol
gigem1223
EastSideAg2002 said:

How is this team sooooo bad against really bad teams

Can't shoot free throws and can't rebound. Bad recipe
Zachary Klement
AG
THJ is alive!
zgolfz85
AG
Needed this after the usmnt went down.
NoahAg
Hardaway on a nice streak. It shouldn't have been that close at the end but a win @Denver is always good.
Let's go, Brandon!
Zachary Klement
AG

What does it take to get Dorsey or Hardy some time?

I was curious and googled the G League most points in a single game record, and everyone on the top-ten list scored 53 points or more, and they are all guys who haven't done anything in the NBA, so maybe his big game means nothing.
94chem
Missed 5 straight FTs in final 2 minutes against Milwaukee tonight. 7-15 in 4th quarter. 10-24 for the game. Clutch like 6th grade B team.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Hardaway missed all 3 after getting fouled on a jumper. What an embarrassment.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MW03
AG
Damn near an unforgivable loss.
jtstanley4621
AG
Didn't watch last night but the highlight of Luka dunking on Holiday popped up on my YouTube feed. Thought briefly to myself "it would be the most 2022 Mavs thing ever to lose this game," and sure enough…….
Zachary Klement
AG
I wish I understood the reasoning behind playing your starters in games that you are likely to lose and then punting games you should easily win. If the plan was to rest guys on one of these B2Bs, why the heck don't they rest against the Bucks and play tonight??? I will never understand it.

Hopefully, we get some good Hardy minutes, but I am not holding my breath.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Luka afraid of Caruso so he had to sit out tonight.
Zachary Klement
AG
Man, it is going to be sad when Luka leaves us in a few years.

If we didn't have Luka, we would be leading the Wemby sweepstakes.
South Platte
I'm hoping this season serves in a similar capacity as the 03-04 season when we tinkered with the roster but ended up underperforming. It didn't work, but Cuban kept trying different pieces until we broke through a couple of years later.

I find it hilarious that the Pelicans are leading the West. It's pretty disheartening that their Top 3 are so much better than our Top 3. We don't even have a Top 3, just a Top 1 with interchangeable parts from 2 through about 8.

You know your team sucks when MC Swag goes weeks without posting on this thread.
J.P. 03
AG
Let's hope the front office has a few tricks up their sleeve once the player movement restrictions lift on Thursday and guys teams picked up this last offseason can be included in trades.
Carlo4
AG
Kleber out 6-8 weeks. Going to be a real bad defensive stretch that was already bad enough. Big men will dominate
Zachary Klement
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Let's hope the front office has a few tricks up their sleeve once the player movement restrictions lift on Thursday and guys teams picked up this last offseason can be included in trades.
Doubt it.
M.C. Swag
AG
Apparently it's a torn hamstring and might require surgery. If that's the case he might be done for most of the regular season.
jeffdjohnson
There is still a decent chance to turn things around and finish Top 6 in the West. It has been a slog but the West is still very chaotic and it wouldn't take much of a run to jump in the standings. The schedule looks to get a bit lighter soon as well. The biggest issue is still DFS/Reggie/Luka and THJ's poor 3-point shooting. The Mavs looked good last week beating PHX/@DEN and then leading by 10 late against MIL when their 3-pointers were falling. Then they look like dog **** when they miss 6 clutch-time free throws in a row to blow a game and then go cold from outside. They can't really help themselves either, Luka is a cheat code to either get efficient paint points or efficient open three-pointers. But at this point, opponents are doubling Luka and forcing THJ/Reggie/DFS to shoot. This strategy is working which means it won't stop. It also means the Mavs won't stop shooting because that is the correct counter for when Luka is doubled. This means that Mavs fans have to watch (endure?) the same game over and over each night. It is a true nails-on-chalkboard experience to watch Reggie/THJ/DFS brick wide-open 3-pointers at a below league average level as the Mavs play yet another clutch time game.

The big picture is still where the existential crisis still lies. This team has seemingly lost on every major or minor transaction it has made since drafting Luka and Brunson. They have ended up building an aging team of role players around Luka. Maybe there is logic behind why you would look for these types/styles of players, but the lack of individual talent of these role players is what stands out. When Luka is out you can see how ghastly the results truly have been. None of the role players are necessarily bad to have individually (other than Javale McGee) but collectively this group just isn't good enough. I'm not sure I would take this team minus Luka versus literally any other team in the league. If Luka has any kind of 3-week injury this team will go 1-9 in his absence, it's bleak. Asset wise the Mavs are handcuffed this season due to the KP trade and their bad contracts. I would really like to see Jaden Hardy get 15 minutes per game to see if he can be an asset at least. Contract wise it really isn't until the end of the 23-24 season that things clear up. If this were a video game I would tank the hell out of this season and try to get a top 6 pick (maybe get lucky and win the lottery?), then play out next year and get off the KP pick owed. At that point you would have a 26-year-old Luka, A Top 6 pick entering his 2nd season, Hardy, Green, tradeable contracts, and cap space with tradeable future picks. Luka would still be under contract and it would be your final chance to go for it before he is a free agent.
zgolfz85
AG
Don't even know what to say at this point
South Platte
jeffdjohnson said:

If this were a video game I would tank the hell out of this season and try to get a top 6 pick (maybe get lucky and win the lottery?), then play out next year and get off the KP pick owed. At that point you would have a 26-year-old Luka, A Top 6 pick entering his 2nd season, Hardy, Green, tradeable contracts, and cap space with tradeable future picks. Luka would still be under contract and it would be your final chance to go for it before he is a free agent.
I've been advocating for this since the day Brunson left. Send Luka to Slovenia to care for his sick great aunt, sideline Dinwiddie and THJ with turf toe and be done with it already. Tell Silver to go jump in a lake.
J.P. 03
AG
Wow. The Knicks' "penalty" for blatantly tampering with Brunson is forfeiting a second-round pick. That'll teach 'em…
DannyDuberstein
AG
Adam Silver seems like a limp-wristed kind of guy and this non-punishment pretty much confirms it.

Speaking of, please tell me they made changes to the real Dirk statue that is going to be revealed on Christmas and that he won't be shooting anal beads like the model was
PatAg
AG
some super fan will probably try to sneak up to it and saw the beads off, lol
dave94
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Adam Silver seems like a limp-wristed kind of guy and this non-punishment pretty much confirms it.

Speaking of, please tell me they made changes to the real Dirk statue that is going to be revealed on Christmas and that he won't be shooting anal beads like the model was

What I've seen of people videoing the installation is that he has one ball
M.C. Swag
AG
God I hope so
fightinags2013
AG
Luka. Fiddy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It seems slightly excessive falling on the fadeaway, but I'll take it over the beads any day. At least it doesn't look like something you might find in your girlfriend's drawer

PatAg
AG
We will allow no statue besmirching

gigem1223
OMG LUKA
gigem1223
Youngest player ever with a 50 point triple double
zgolfz85
AG
Pls get 60
zgolfz85
AG
F yeasss

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.