Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,666 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Porch Honkey: I just caught diabetes, fatty liver disease, and an SSI monthly check.
AWP 97
AG
On HBO's "High Maintenance" Season 1, episode 2 or 3, one of the characters says her older sister wants to go to college at Texas A&M.
GreatSullysGhost
Sashanoteric
aeon-ag
RhinoVic said:

Rip Torn is an Aggie. Class of '52. Probably one of the most notable Aggie actors.
Damned turncoat transfered to tu!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agnerd said:

MuckRaker96 said:

agnerd said:

Possible hidden pop culture?

Brother's kids were watching Frozen. I glanced over, and it looks like someone styled an A and M into the castle windows. I know there are some Ags that work in Disney's animation department, so they may have snuck something in. The "M" looks so out of place and unsymmetrical that it seems obvious it was purposely done. Makes me wonder if it's A&M.

That's clearly a still from Frozen Fever, not Frozen. It's obvious evidenced by the balloons in place for Anna's surprise birthday party put on by Elsa, who is suffering a bad cold and eventually has to be put to bed, which Anna says is in fact the best present - getting to take care of her sister.
Why don't you brush up on your Frozen facts so you don't look like an idiot next time?
Please accept my deepest and sincerest apologies for the oversight. I am a terrible person for not having seen the movie and for not interrogating my nieces on which iteration of the franchise they were watching. I shall forever be indebted to you and your infinite wisdom.
Pretty sure Elsa has the coronavirus in Frozen Fever.
West Point Aggie
AG
davidka5h said:

One of the closeted homosexuals in Brokeback Mountain mentions he graduated from A&M. Not Joking. Watch the dinner scene when he talks to Jake Gyllenhaal's character about going fishing.

Yes indeed...
Shakes the Clown
Current SWA magazine crossword puzzle:

cottonhead
aTm has an alternate meaning south of the Rio Grande.
a todo maquina...full speed ahead. with all ya got
Olsen
AG
A new episode of Forensic File II on HLN tonight document serial killer Daniel Lee Corwin kidnapped and attempted murder of a current student from campus in October of 1988.
LukeDuke
AG
Olsen said:

A new episode of Forensic File II on HLN tonight document serial killer Daniel Lee Corwin kidnapped and attempted murder of a current student from campus in October of 1988.
She survived having her throat cut and being left for dead.

Upon waking up she immediately scribbled 2 requests:
1 please feed my horse
2 get me a sketch artist

The sketch artist constructed an image that got the killer caught!
Aggie87
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/flushable-wipes-clog.html?fbclid=IwAR3nw7GC10Vwdnv_RcKDStNQ72Lo-_QdAoPZ9cQhzT6XcQ7eiWnDnenjJ-M

The guy in the picture in this article appears to be wearing an Aggie ring.

Unemployed
AG
Aggie87 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/flushable-wipes-clog.html?fbclid=IwAR3nw7GC10Vwdnv_RcKDStNQ72Lo-_QdAoPZ9cQhzT6XcQ7eiWnDnenjJ-M

The guy in the picture in this article appears to be wearing an Aggie ring.

This "guy" got girly hands.
Liquid Wrench
Small ring for a dude too, isn't it? Or maybe just big hands.
West Point Aggie
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Small ring for a dude too, isn't it? Or maybe just big hands.

Probably a female...those are lady fingers...the skin texture...shape of the nails...come on people!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
GordonBombay said:

Dog the Bounty Hunter talked about A&M in one of his episodes. He said it was the best school in Texas and his nephew went there or something like that.
His nephew was a catcher for Rice. He caught games here and at Rice. Dog did see the game in Houston, Not sure he saw the game in College Station.

Skeletar (that crazy women's basektball coach for Baylor) did attend baseball games here when her son played for LSU
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
BCG Disciple
AG
D12 music video for Purple Pills (Purple Hills). 56 second mark.

Mr.Bond
AG
Possibly discussed. Watching last boy scout on Netflix and s saw this in opening credits

Edit well **** on the 1st page....my bad lol
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Well...I guess off-season is finally here...

Yellowstone: Season 4 episode 8

Jimmy's girlfriend states she went to vet school at A&M.
farmersfight
AG
no spoilers!
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Dough said:

The Ramones were fans:

This dude from the Chuck Norris movie "Sidekicks"

Wyatt from Weird Science taught at A&M for a few years after he grew up.

Elliot from ET attended A&M briefly.

The opening scene of "The Last Boyscout" contains footage of A&M's Holiday Bowl appearance when we killed Detmer.

Billy Bob Thornton's character in Intolerable Cruelty was an Aggie. Owner of "Doyle Oil"

Zach from Saved by the Bell went there in the early 90's
war_grackle
AG
2:05
TAMU74
AG
2 thumbs up said:

The sergeant in Hill Street Blues dated a girl that played softball for A&M.
I remember that episode, but I think Sgt. Phil Esterhaus (Michael Conrad) said she was on a "Basketball" scholarship at Texas A&M.
Almost fell out of my chair when I heard that.
Great TV series
AWP 97
AG
The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On

One of the girls on there, Madlyn Ballatori, is an Aggie.

I'm embarrassed to know this but my buddy's wife watches it and told me.
ABATTBQ87
AG
The writers of Young Sheldon recently added a female character who graduated from A&M with a meteorology degree
West Point Aggie
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

The writers of Young Sheldon recently added a female character who graduated from A&M with a meteorology degree

O&M building baby!!!
Let’s Go Brandon!
AggieZUUL
AG
OldArmyAggie94 said:

Dough said:

The Ramones were fans:

This dude from the Chuck Norris movie "Sidekicks"

Wyatt from Weird Science taught at A&M for a few years after he grew up.

Elliot from ET attended A&M briefly.

The opening scene of "The Last Boyscout" contains footage of A&M's Holiday Bowl appearance when we killed Detmer.

Billy Bob Thornton's character in Intolerable Cruelty was an Aggie. Owner of "Doyle Oil"

Zach from Saved by the Bell went there in the early 90's

Ha...yup.
chick79
AG
Scottie Sheffler's wife and sister are both Aggies. Does that count?
TulaneAg
chick79 said:

I don't think that's correct...I googled her and see a horns up sign in the first 3 or 4 google images. An Aggie would never do that crap
ABATTBQ87
AG
TulaneAg said:

chick79 said:

I don't think that's correct...I googled her and see a horns up sign in the first 3 or 4 google images. An Aggie would never do that crap
Scottie and Meredith's relationship dates back to the couple's shared high school, Highland Park High School in Dallas, Texas. Though Scottie went to college at the University of Texas and Meredith attended the school's athletic rival, Texas A&M, the two remained close through four years of long-distance dating and got married on December 4, 2020, at Arlington Hall in Dallas in a stunning, winter wonderland-themed wedding.

https://golf.com/news/scottie-scheffler-wife-meredith-photos/

Love, money and alcohol are a bad combination

chick79
AG
His sister was on the Aggie women's golf team.
Romello
TulaneAg said:

chick79 said:

I hope she went to tu for grad studies or something. What a tool throwing up hook 'em signs for pics. Smdh.
AggieBlu
AG
AWP 97 said:

The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On

One of the girls on there, Madlyn Ballatori, is an Aggie.

I'm embarrassed to know this but my buddy's wife watches it and told me.

No shame bro. I'm watching and love it too!!!!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
aggie.devil said:

In Stephen King's "The Stand", the first part is based in fictional Arnette, TX. Here's a quote about one of the characters from Arnette.

"... he had covered himself with glory as quarterback of the regional high school team, had gone on to Texas A&M with an athletic scholarship, and had played for ten years with the Green Bay Packers, mostly as a second-string quarterback but on several memorable occasions as the starter."

Was Stephen King channeling Stephen McGee???

Most likely Gary Kubiak
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
….I also sat on a flight with Dr Red Duke. We talked the entire flight with an soon to become enlightened lady sip in the seat between us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.