Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,588 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
snick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back to the Future Part II?
MallalieuAg
AG
"We've never been licked."
agregg07
AG
On the game show "The Chase", last night (it was obviously a rerun) there was a question asking who the only freshman was to win the Heisman.

Also, last week on Top Chef, they were at LSU cooking for freshmen and there was a live online poll asking your the favorite part of college. One of the choices was the football games, and next to it was a picture of one of our guys running with the ball in our white jerseys. The ball covered the number but it looked like JFF.
itsyourboypookie
Imagine Dragons started the Tyler Robinson Foundation. Kid appeared to have been an Aggie fan as per the hat he's wearing on the homepage of the website. Haven't done any other research though.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
I thought Henry Thomas was at A&M and not Blinn. I went to a few parties at his place in College Station back in the day. Some place with Tree in the name. I hung out with him a few times and got drunk and called him Elliot. He was not amused. Nice guy.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
This clue from Jeopardy is old, but I forgot to post it until I was going through my camera roll:

Humpit01
AG
It was Back to the Future II
snick
Southlake
Saw that episode of Jeopardy.

None of the contestants even tried to answer this question!
McGibblets
AG
Fightin Texas Aggie band was just mentioned on SNL making fun of bowl season by saying our band was playing tuberculosis
SlackerAg
AG
quote:
Fightin Texas Aggie band was just mentioned on SNL making fun of bowl season by saying our band was playing tuberculosis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtJ60mcfFw
gomerschlep
King of the North
AG
They said, "If your daughter was at Texas, and you're son was at A&M..." in the movie Bernie.
deadelephant98
AG
Henry Thomas is a POS that failed at stealing this Ag's girlfriend. His role in Saving Private Ryan is representative of his character (had he been drafted against his will as opposing to serving anything outside of his dip**** self).
texagg14
AG
quote:
quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtJ60mcfFw
longhornhere55
quote:
Henry Thomas is a POS that failed at stealing this Ag's girlfriend. His role in Saving Private Ryan is representative of his character (had he been drafted against his will as opposing to serving anything outside of his dip**** self).

Saving Private Ryan??
Mr.KyleReed
AG
So I watch this youtube show "Rhett & Link" and yesterday on one of their shows they were talking about some of the craziest selfies on the internet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-pX5YJJnRE

Low and behold, This photo made it.

http://files.myopera.com/aggieholley/albums/65190/Flyover.jpg
Scotch
AG
That photoshop has made it into all sorts of places, the creator must be proud.
AGnBCS
AG
Methinks you are confusing

Henry Thomas and Jeremy Davies.
BoxingAg84
Snoop Tweets a while back
#Snoopszn

atmhockey
AG
My girls watch this all sister singing group on YouTube. Little one in front representing the 12th Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFKRBPinLRU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Scotch
AG
Random, but here is Jake Foushee's attempt to voiceover an A&M to the SEC ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZWL2KQzEA

I discovered that vid because I liked his "Do it for the vine" that was on Tosh.0 a few weeks ago. Turns out he is pretty big on Vine and social media and has even been on Ellen to showcase his voiceover talent. So I guess this is modern pop culture, for better or worse.
Scotch
AG
Hot in Cleveland: Cleveland Browns Shout Out is just about Johnny, but since it includes Betty White, it qualifies for this thread.

redd38
AG
JFF reference on Tosh.0 tonight.

After a segment about shovel girl (who is in Ohio) Tosh said something like, "at least she's not as big of an embarrassment to Ohio as Johnny Football is going to be"
maroonisbeautiful
AG
A character on CSI, Nick Stokes (played by George Eads), is an Aggie on the show. The actor actually graduated from Tech.
Scotch
AG
"The Bad Touch" by The Bloodhound Gang mentions both Lyle Lovett and Waffle House.
texag713
probably already buried in here somewhere but

Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Scotch
AG
quote:
The A&M-OU Cotton Bowl in '68 mentioned on Mad Men this season.
Finally watching this show and after hearing the A&M reference I checked the thread to see if it was listed. Y'all did not disappoint.
Bullmoose
AG
In this scene in the 1974 movie called The Gambler there is an A&M pennant behind and to the right of James Caan in the corner of the room, of course it's not shown in this trailer and the free version of the movie has been removed from youtube.

The Gambler 1974
SAR Ag
Stopped reading at pg. 4, so maybe someone else confirmed, but i dispute the earlier poster's reference to A&M in the early 70s movie, "What's Up Doc." I don't think Barbara Striesand mentioned A&M as a school she attended, but was rattling off a list of schools and what they excelled at. She mentions A&M and veterinary medicine. The plug was definitely positive.

Could be wrong. Haven't seen the movie in 20+ years.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
WWE references

Kevin Sumlin gets World Heavyweight Championship from Alberto Del Rio and helped knock out the Big Show. Clip was shown on RAW the next Monday.

Also, Ryback was formerly known as Skip Sheffield and was booked from being from College Station, TX.

Just to add on to this, I was listening to Stone Cold's unleashed podcast and he was talking about Wrestlemania 17 in Houston with him and the rock. He was talking about how the night before him, the rock, jim ross, was all eating dinner and later Kevin Sumlin stopped by to join them. Referred him as the HC of the Texas A&M Aggies.

Its about at the 20:30 area of ep. 160 if I remember correctly.
http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show?showAllEpisodes=true
agfan2013
AG
Didn't see it mentioned in the past couple of pages but in Marcus Luttrell's book Lone Survivor, he specifically mentions his friends who were Aggies that came over and helped his family out when everyone still thought he was KIA on that op. Very small mention on page 269 of the paperback version, but I thought it was a nice move on his part, and cool to see A&M in his book (and yes I do know that he is a Sam Houston grad).
Ag Tag
There's a guy who named his stock market research newsletter after our mascot:
Reveille Letter
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
There's a guy who named his stock market research newsletter after our mascot:
Reveille Letter

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.