Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M in pop culture, post your sightings here

357,590 Views | 725 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by _mpaul
Triple-T
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimbo Fisher was recently spotted wearing a Texas A&M cap.

Ankles: strong.

Hair: perfect.
aeon-ag
RhinoVic said:

Rip Torn is an Aggie. Class of '52. Probably one of the most notable Aggie actors.
tamc91
AG
I was watching some old Texas Connection (music) videos hosted by Jerry Jeff Walker with Jimmy Buffett as the guest artist. The YouTube feed brought up Jimmy's old video for "Who's the Blonde Stranger" about a west Texas farmer who goes to Galveston. The farmer is played by Jimmy and he wears a cut off Texas A&M shirt or jersey, shorts, and cowboy boots.

Not the most flattering picture of Ags, but it is a funny old music video.
ABATTBQ87
AG
PlanoAg98
AG
I'm a Buffet fan, but that has to be one of the worst songs ever recorded.
Geriatric Punk
AG
queso1 said:

Is being mentioned of the Today show yesterday a pop culture reference?
I laughed. Sad, but I laughed.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
schwack schwack
AG

agnerd
AG
Possible hidden pop culture?

Brother's kids were watching Frozen. I glanced over, and it looks like someone styled an A and M into the castle windows. I know there are some Ags that work in Disney's animation department, so they may have snuck something in. The "M" looks so out of place and unsymmetrical that it seems obvious it was purposely done. Makes me wonder if it's A&M.
Waltonloads08
AG
Ha, what a spot
Scotty Flamingo

Keith Lee is an aggie and debuted in the WWE tonight
zephyr88
AG
Need more information...
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Not sure if this counts but I was on HGTV's Living Alaska and you can see my Aggie ring in some scenes . Season 2 Episode 13
TxAg2009WC
AG
One of the migrants in the caravan rocking an aggie backpack while jumping the Mexican border fence
Humorous Username
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Not sure if this counts but I was on HGTV's Living Alaska and you can see my Aggie ring in some scenes . Season 2 Episode 13

Let me guess. You're an artisan-crayon maker, and your wife is a part-time parakeet therapist, and you're budget was $2.2 million.
Grits
AG
SIAP My wife and I are watching "Hell or High Water". Modern era bank robbery movie with two brothers (Chris pine, and Ben Foster) trying to stay ahead of the Texas Rangers (lead by Jeff bridges).

Multiple references dropped about the brothers wanting to watch the Aggie game, and having kids who wanna play football at TAMU.

Hollywood gets allot wrong about their portrayal of Texas, but this movie hit the nail on the head as far as West Texas goes. Even had some singles by Colter Wall in it.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
panhandlefarmer
AG
This is a great flick!
Frederick Palowaski
AG
On the Netflix show "Decanted" one of the wine makers is wearing an A&M shirt.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Andrew Zimmern's show Delicious Destinations was in France. One of the patrons of a restaurant was wearing an Aggie Ring.
TwoTimeAg
AG
tamc91 said:

I was watching some old Texas Connection (music) videos hosted by Jerry Jeff Walker with Jimmy Buffett as the guest artist. The YouTube feed brought up Jimmy's old video for "Who's the Blonde Stranger" about a west Texas farmer who goes to Galveston. The farmer is played by Jimmy and he wears a cut off Texas A&M shirt or jersey, shorts, and cowboy boots.

Not the most flattering picture of Ags, but it is a funny old music video.
That jersey was thrown onstage when Jimmy Buffett played at G. Rollie White.
Lateralus Ag
AG
panhandlefarmer said:

This is a great flick!

Agreed.
gamedrunk
AG
SIAP: Michael Bennett cameo in the movie Mortal Engines.

who?mikejones
AG
I dunno. That movie was a pretty good representation of west texas to me
Method Man
gamedrunk said:

More of an Alief Taylor in pop culture reference
Lateralus Ag
AG
Method Man said:

gamedrunk said:

More of an Alief Taylor in pop culture reference

Agreed.
tpw
Loved "hell or high water"! That said, Should have been Tech as the school for the kid's football aspirations...in that part of the state.
TheFirebird
AG
tpw said:

Loved "hell or high water"! That said, Should have been Tech as the school for the kid's football aspirations...in that part of the state.
Texas Tech football is no one's first aspiration . . .
SpeedyAg93
AG
TheFirebird said:

tpw said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite tech jokes. "What's the most often told lie in Lubbock?" 'Yeah, Tech was my first choice, too.'
Dallas82
3rdGen2015 said:

On one of my tours at A&M, our tour guide said that the character "Sully" from Monster's Inc was named after Sul Ross. Apparently, an Aggie is a pretty high up in Pixar.
No single Aggie is all that high up but there are dozens of Aggies that work there.
Dallas82
Robert Mitchum, one of the actors in We've Never been Licked, was once asked what the worst movie was he was ever in. He said he didn't remember the name of the movie, "I don't remember the name, but it was about some cow college in Texas."
ABATTBQ87
AG
Dallas82 said:

Robert Mitchum, one of the actors in We've Never been Licked, was once asked what the worst movie was he was ever in. He said he didn't remember the name of the movie, "I don't remember the name, but it was about some cow college in Texas."
He should have enjoyed that role, it was the only time he was a college student
sanaug
AG
bbb78 said:

Woody from Toy Story was based on this cowboy who hung out at the Chicken and played pool while his grandpa watched.

Interesting. I remember that guy playing pool and the older gentleman being with him at the Chicken.
Scar Tissue
AG
sanaug said:

bbb78 said:

Woody from Toy Story was based on this cowboy who hung out at the Chicken and played pool while his grandpa watched.

Interesting. I remember that guy playing pool and the older gentleman being with him at the Chicken.
Woody from Snook was at the Chicken a lot.
bam02
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I'm a Buffet fan, but that has to be one of the worst songs ever recorded.

If you are really a Buffet fan then you'd know he's recorded MANY other songs much worse than this.

And I am a Buffet fan, too.
AWP 97
AG
SpeedyAg93 said:

TheFirebird said:

tpw said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite tech jokes. "What's the most often told lie in Lubbock?" 'Yeah, Tech was my first choice, too.'
Not long after I graduated from A&M, I met one of my mom's co-workers who graduated from Texas Tech. She seemed like a pretty intelligent lady so I asked her if she went to Tech because she didn't get accepted to tu or A&M. I was actually being serious but I got in trouble by my mom. Apparently, she claimed that Tech was her first choice but got tired of Aggies and longhorns always asking her why she went to Tech.
GinMan
AG
Son of woman murdered in Lubbock by neighbor's dogs

[url=https://ibb.co/rZ103jc][/url]

http://www.kcbd.com/2019/02/28/year-old-lubbock-woman-killed-by-her-neighbors-dogs/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.